B-class: 2012 S3

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
Share you experiences in the one of the several B-class series with the rest of the community.

What B-class series do you race?
How do the cars feel?
How is this week's track working out for you?
What are the series/races like?

Whatever you want to talk about, as long as it's B-class stuff you can dump it here!

Well I for one and driving the Vette in the Proto/GT races. I primarly run the Vette and have only run the GT a few times. I can say honestly that I have yet to run the HPD in a race... lol...

With the "new" FFB settings the car/feeling is a bit better and it does make the car alot easier to catch if something does go wrong. I am still not totally impressed with the how the Corvette in iRacing seems to lose all grip with the slighest touch of the brake going into or during a corner. However there are easy ways to get around that and still be in the top times.

The series itself is pretty good although I'm highly disappointed that iRacing made the choice to completely drop the open 60 minute races. Leaving us the only option of a 25 minute fixed race in an mock endurance style race. The people that I have been in races with are usually pretty good folks and rarely do I see a schmuck causing problems.

Indy car oval is a f**king joke to say the least... I joined a race, when pitting after 55 clean laps I get rammed at full speed just before entering the pits to a guy claiming to lock his brakes, but never apologized. When I came out of the pits some guy went below the white line to take me out and his reason was because he thought I was going high, once against never apologized. No wonder people claim this series is going downhill... The people that race these cars are f**king retarded. My SR was at 4.80 and thanks to idiots in the last 4 races alone it's now probably going below 3.60... Edit: Luckily because I completed the 55 laps my SR didn't drop below 4.00, it's close enough to it to piss me off though.

The IndyCar community in iRacing has long labored hard to become unpopular. The series on the oval side is the battlefield of a clan war in which pretty much all of the top drivers and teams of the series are involved. They despise each other on the forums and are hardly doing any better on track. Whatever little knowlegde gets shared is only shared reluctantly and I haven't seen a competitive setup posted there for months.

The fixed series is laughable as well. Any 1.5 miler is a congaline party and even tracks like Iowa suffer from that due to the high downforce of the setup. People are literally banging around in their formula cars. It's hardly believable.

The car can give good racing, but the series are hardly worth the energy in my opinion. If you want to have fun on ovals in B-class I suggest your try the NASCAR Class B series.

I actually just bought the Class B car and I love it, it's just that it's at Talladega this week. Last week at Indy they were fun, but I felt like half the time I was avoiding cars that had spun and did 26 pacing laps in a 60 lap race. I did a hosted session race at Charlotte with them and had a lot of fun, but there were only 5 cars and a few left before the 2nd lap.

As for the Indy car, I enjoy tracks like Texas, Michigan, and Atlanta to a point but that's only because if you start in the top 5 you're almost guaranteed a good finish and a nice gain in SR and iRating. I hate how they took out Twin Ring because it was the best of both worlds; you had T1/T2 which were flat out where you could get a good draft from someone and going into T3 you could pass in a turn that wasn't flat out and you needed to have some practice to know what to do. The 3 races I did there last season were a blast with a combined 3 cautions in 360 laps of racing.

I'm interested in racing the Twin Ring as well for the oval. I only tried it a couple of laps with the IndyCar, but then realised that I just didn't have a clue where to go with the set and then consequently ditched the idea of trying. ;)

The fixed set was great for it last season, I don't know if they have it updated but just race the track with it if it's still there. The only reason to really touch the setup is if you know exactly what you're doing.

Going back to the discussion about the B-Class car, who is watching this intense race at Montreal? I can't wait for Montreal to be done being scanned so they can add the track to the schedule :D

Lotus 79.

Downforce, baby.
That car is without doubt the most awesome car on the service and it has quite a friendly community as well. I loved racing a season there. The fun and the problem is that the car is a challenge and takes quite a lot of time and energy to drive properly.

I'd recommend spending a couple of hours with that car to everyone, though you must be sure to use the setups from the forum, because fixed used to be completely off. Not sure what it's like now, though.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 260 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 170 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 168 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 125 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 231 13.7%