Brakes

Brake Pressure: 85%
Front Brake Bias: 54%

Tyre Pressures

Front Tyre Pressure: 24.2
Rear Tyre Pressure: 22.7

Weight Distribution
Ballast: 6

Notes: Used in Time Trial & Career Race. Qualified in Pole Position 1/10th in front of Lewis & Bottas. I opted to start on the Soft tire instead of the Supersoft. Lewis and Vettel had quicker pace, likely because those teams had developed further. I believe I lost the race by using the wrong strategy, after pitting for Supersofts on Lap 31 (had a safety car which extended the first stint past lap 29) I came out behind Bottas in 3rd.

Managed to catch up to Bottas and pass him, but Lewis was too quick 7-8 seconds down the road. Tyre wear wasn't much of an issue, but doing a 1-stop meant I couldn't push every lap. A better strategy might have been to do what the rest did (supersoft > soft) for track position. Alternatively, I could've used soft > medium, pitting for Medium when the others made their first stop. At least with Soft > Medium, you can push as much as you want throughout.

Even with a different strategy it's a close one. I wouldn't recommend a two-stop, unless you know you can do Time Trial-like laps for the entire race (and backmarkers will screw that up too). The setup is fun to drive, which is the main thing, although I'm sure it can be tweaked slightly to be more stable over curbs. Might just be how quick the cars are this year, but there's definite sliding going on in the high speed corners of 13, 18, and 19. Might be a setup issue, or it's just the speed differential from this year to last, but the slides degrade the tires a bit more, so try to drive smoothly through those sections.

23632437_1936589603258731_4331796682961567715_o.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back