Awesome VR App Discovered

Hi all. I just discovered this very cool "app" for VR users in Assetto Corsa this morning. It was actually created back in 2017 so if it has been posted here somewhere before please forgive me. It was created by a programmer in Finland named Keijo "Kegetys" Ruotsalainen . This little program was originally made for Vive and Rift users but I tried it with my Samsung Odyssey and 'most' of it works. Aside from providing more seat and head position adjustments it also enables pitch and roll features similar to the 'Real Head Motion" app that I already use. It also enables the use of motion controllers inside the car!! This was the thing that really interested me as I have always wanted to be able to transport myself outside of the car using motion controllers for use in picture taking and watching races. It also features a virtual keyboard as well as the ability to access other game settings with the use of the motion controller buttons! No more having to remove your headset to access the keyboard. Although this little program does now allow my Odyssey motion controllers to be seen and gives minimal function to them it unfortunately won't let me transport out of the car. However, I have experimented with the added onboard seat and head position adjustments and those alone make this a worthwhile little program for me. Note that the adjustments aren't visible until you hit the save button in your onboard seat position screen. Note that the availability of the pitch and roll features allow their settings to be left at zero so as not to interfere with Real Head Motion settings. I have seen no adverse effects of installing this little program to my Assetto Corsa installation so far. If I do find something I will post it here. Obviously VIVE and Oculus Rift owners will get the most out of this. Here is the link...http://www.kegetys.fi/assetto-corsa-openvr-thing-v1-0/

Last edited:
I edited my post above to report that it also includes a virtual keyboard which could be quite handy. I am also now able to access many other settings with the motion controllers that were unavailable before with my headset on. Pretty cool all around.

Not working here (Assetto Corsa with Oculus Rift S). I've tried copying the files to the root of my AC folder and also to D:\Assetto Corsa\system\x64, which is the only folder where I have found a openvr_api.dll to overwrite. In both cases nothing happens. Reading the website I can see that "it should also work with the Rift if you use it in OpenVR mode". I don't know what OpenVR mode is.

OpenVR mode is the rendering mode on the video settings page for Assetto Corsa. Being that you own an Oculus you probably have that selected as 'Oculus'. I am not an Oculus owner but I think that you also can select the 'OpenVr' mode instead in the drop-down box instead. I can't see how it could hurt anything to try it. The files should just go in your Assetto Corsa root folder. I looked for that openvr_api.dll in there to save it first but didn't find it. I never overwrote anything. I set the available settings in the new program to where I wanted and it is doing what it's supposed to do. In fact I was just setting up some cars for a track and I was using the virtual keyboard to type in the setup name. Before I had to remove my headset to use the keyboard.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 405 40.0%