Awesome: Man Builds F1 Car... From Cardboard...

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
This is something pretty special indeed... watch a man build a 2018 specification Formula One car... using just cardboard and glue.

Ok so this isn't going to be much good in the rain, nor will it be heading out onto a circuit during its life, and it probably isn't going to be strong enough to sit in anytime soon.. but it is still one heck of a cool achievement and well worth the time to sit down and watch the five minute plus video.

Designed and built by the exceptionally impressive YouTuber The Q, a site dedicated to making things from unusual materials, this is just one of those videos that you stumble across and think to yourself "wow" - that's something really pretty epic. Actually, it brings back memories of attempting much the same thing myself when I was a wee nipper, cracking on in the box pile at the local Kwik Save whilst my folks went shopping. Alas my efforts never reached these incredible levels, in fact they never really amounted to much at all, but it just goes to show what one can achieve with some dedication, a lot of glue and a determination to make it happen..

According to The Q, the 2018 style Formula One cardboard car took around 250 hours to make, consuming nearly 50 square meters of cardboard and over 100 glue gun sticks.... and is complete at a 1.3 : 1 scale.

Impressive stuff indeed..
The Q Cardboard F1 Car 1.jpg
The Q Cardboard F1 Car 2.jpg
The Q Cardboard F1 Car 3.jpg

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job but what 2018 F1 car does it most closely resemble? I'm saying Red Bull although ignore the side-pods and it could be Ferrariesque.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 443 39.6%