Avoiding damage repair when pits?

In your PLR file, under game options find this line (and change to "0")

Smart Pitcrew="0" // Pitcrew does things even if you mistakenly forgot to ask (one example is changing a damaged tire)

When you get damage, take a look at your hud.
Switch through it to the pit menu.
Scroll down the pit menu to the bottom item (sometimes it is off screen until you scroll down), which will have appeared - it gives you the choice to repair parts, repair all, or repair none.

I should add, when you first sustain damage, this option appears as default 'repair all', so if you don't want that you need to remember to change it immediately after the collision, or before you next pit.

(I'm not sure the smart pit crew setting affects this Nox, I have never used that personally, but it may be another way of turning it off - trouble is it will also turn off repairs that you forgot but actually do want, such as damaged wheel that you mention).

I've been racing in a CART Extreme league, and I got burned by this a couple of times because I hit the pit request button and didn't realize I had damage because the Damage item did not appear in the menu (and the car was driving fine), so my pit stops were unnecessarily long. At first I thought there was a bug but then I noticed with another car that the Damage item appeared without scrolling. That's when I realized the pit menu was just showing a maximum of seven items, and some cars had more than seven items in their menu. And when the Damage item appeared, it appeared at the bottom of the menu. So now I've learned that every time I hit pit request (when in the CART), I have to scroll down to see if the Damage item is there.

pit_menus.jpg

So I was hoping one of three things could be implemented by Reiza:

1. Put the Damage item just below the Stop/Go item, because when there is damage (and you have a long pit menu) you want to be aware of it to make a decision.

2. Have the Stop/Go and Damage items hidden when they are in the "N/A" state. If one or both items are active, have them appear at the top of the pit menu. This is my preferred solution.

3. Dynamically allocate the size of the pit menu based on the length of car's pit menu, with a maximum of maybe 9 or 10 items.

This would be a real helpful improvement. :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 380 39.7%