Aviva Cil

I AM ALMOST DONE WITH COMPLETING THIS CAR.

Please comment.....I made some wheels for my little car. If everything goes right, I should be able to get it done before the end of the year. Possibly. The model needs to be textured.......there are no textures on it right now.

I want this to be as realistic as possible, so I'm making a rim style for each of the eight model grades. (Four regular ones, three sporty ones, one "cross" AWD one)

This is a hubcap. This would be for the "base" model.....along with black doorhandles and mirrors. Was going to do black bumpers, but that'd be confusing to texture. I may do this later. Kind of looks like a tomato.

addi.jpg

This is a mid-level wheel. I may turn it into a hubcap. I don't think it looks as substantial as a rim should, so it may become a hubcap. I like the way it came out, though.

addi1.jpg

This is a rim/wheel. I cannot explain the jump from four lugs to five lugs, so it may end up being the AWD model. I like the wheels, but not necessarily on this car. I tried to make it sporty, but instead it came out looking like something from a Dodge Stratus.

addi4.jpg

Here's a very basic steering wheel.

addi3.jpg

Glamour shot of the new grille insert. Not too sure how I feel about it. It would be chrome, in game. I might re-do it, it looks a bit garish.
addi5.jpg

odi.jpg

odi.jpg

Remodeled rear : moved the license plate and rear reverse light to the rear bumper. Made the rear hatch smoother and simpler.

odi1.jpg

Old rear bumper:
hri1.jpg

More glamor shots.

addi9.jpg

addi8.jpg

addi7.jpg

addi6.jpg

maybe the grill should be more inset into the hood, as right now it kind of looks like a pig

but I can see how Ryan is reminded of a Renault by this, I mainly see the resemblance in the rear end.

• Tiberius

Reminds me of a Renault :)

in last picture car looks like pig

..If you put lipstick on a Renault, it's still a Renault.. :rolleyes:

About the car, it's a lot better than when I last saw it on RSC. But, you still need to neaten it up in places, are you using subsurf to model it? Subsurf is great for modeling organic shapes but for rigid shapes like cars I still do box modeling, start with really basic shapes and gradually subdivide/extrude to shape them - easier to keep things neat that way.

About rims, they look pretty good actually, rims aren't easy to make..but you're missing profile shape..they look flat, like wheel trims. Give them some more depth and a better material, they will look a lot better. Just my opinion but I like the hubcap version best, fill the recessed parts in dark grey and have the rest bare metal, would look a lot better than you think..

..If you put lipstick on a Renault, it's still a Renault.. :rolleyes:

About the car, it's a lot better than when I last saw it on RSC. But, you still need to neaten it up in places, are you using subsurf to model it? Subsurf is great for modeling organic shapes but for rigid shapes like cars I still do box modeling, start with really basic shapes and gradually subdivide/extrude to shape them - easier to keep things neat that way.

About rims, they look pretty good actually, rims aren't easy to make..but you're missing profile shape..they look flat, like wheel trims. Give them some more depth and a better material, they will look a lot better. Just my opinion but I like the hubcap version best, fill the recessed parts in dark grey and have the rest bare metal, would look a lot better than you think..

I like the organic curves subsurf added to the overall look and feel of the car, but I plan on simplifying and altering things when I finish and finally apply the subsurf.

rear is good, but front is a bit strange.... too short, no underhood space, big front doors, but i liked the rear! and the first and second rim.. i must ask, why 3 sporty versions? 1 isnt enough?

keep this thing running. cya

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing