Aviva A-segment and B-segment

Do you use the meshsmooth in your renders?
Btw the design is realy, realy nice. I just love it !
But in your render it seems to have some small normals problems, and i think it's due to the meshsmooth ;)

Yeah, I do use subsurf modifiers.....but I probably will apply the modifier then go in and manually fix the normals issues. There's some issues near the door shutlines and near some of the curves. The interior of the A-segment car is really bad; I may just end up remodelling it entirely.

Yeah, I do use subsurf modifiers.....but I probably will apply the modifier then go in and manually fix the normals issues. There's some issues near the door shutlines and near some of the curves. The interior of the A-segment car is really bad; I may just end up remodelling it entirely.
Ok, so i think you'll fix all of them, in the most of mesh i don't see big normals prob, only near the doorshuts ^^
Very nice design btw, have you some ideas for the engines? :)

Ok, so i think you'll fix all of them, in the most of mesh i don't see big normals prob, only near the doorshuts ^^
Very nice design btw, have you some ideas for the engines? :)

A-segment

- 800cc ~70HP
- 1.3L ~ 90HP
-1.2D ~60HP

B-segment

- 1.3L ~90HP
-1.5L ~120-130HP
- 1.7L ~150HP
-1.2D ~ 60HP
- 1.6D ~ 90HP

C-segment

Same options as the B-segment, but, minus the 1.3L and add an optional 2.2L making ~200HP, and a 2.0D making around 140HP

Cheap sedan

1.3L ~80HP

1.5L ~110HP - No diesel

Ok, a super huge update

Cheap sedan got a facelift and the interior modeling is nearly complete. (Central mounted gauge clusters are so much easier to model)

lc.jpg

lc1.jpg

lc2.jpg

lc3.jpg

City car has a little detailing at the rear, but the interior is pretty much entirely remodeled.

cc.jpg

cc1-1.jpg

cc2-1.jpg

Not much on the B-segment.
b1.jpg

b.jpg

The B-segment sedan has front and rear bumpers separated, as well as the trunk.

bsedan.jpg

(my favorite angle)
bsedan1.jpg

bsedan2.jpg

C-segment gets a slightly restyled rear fascia, more in line with the RWD coupe

ceseg.jpg

ceseg1.jpg

B-segment gets a similar rear treatment

bseg.jpg

bseg1.jpg

Also, here's a low-cost hatchback to compliment the low cost sedan. Started life as the first hatchback on the first page. Small little hatchback around the size of a Suzuki Alto or maybe the old Fiesta.

lil2-1.jpg

lil3-1.jpg

lil-1.jpg

lil4-1.jpg

lil5-1.jpg

lil1.jpg

Before you ask "Why are these cars not in Racer yet?". My computer is pretty old.....I'm in the process of getting a new one. I want these cars to take advantage of Racer's nifty new features.

Keep in mind UVs...
I'm curious how it's looking right now...

Last thing, your SG (smoothing groups) could need some little work, usually you end up the modeling with a lot of SG...
Looking at other games could help you understand how the job is usually done.

Keep it up !
P.S.: Use cull=none in your shader to see the 2 sides of your unfinished mesh....:)

Pekoe is very close to finished.

reverse.jpg

I got the final mesh done, save for some generic unmovables I need to insert in. I also found a nice neat turn signal script that I think will really complete the car.

Just doing some ergonomic testing to make sure they "work" in the game.

No physics actually written, just a model with wheels in the right places.

je.jpg

je2.jpg

Compact Civic-Sized sedan

je4.jpg

je3.jpg

My favorite angle
je1.jpg

B-segment SUV
je5.jpg

je6.jpg

Four Door compact coupe. I may have overdid it with the front overhang....it's supposed to have a V6, but that's a lot of overhang.

je7.jpg

je8.jpg

je9.jpg

RWD Coupe

ju2.jpg

ju1.jpg

ju.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years