Available for pre-order: Iowa / Suzuka / Ford GT / LMP ARX-01 C

Ramon van Rijn

RaceDepartment Co-Founder
Premium
On the iRacing member pages under Tracks and Cars you can now Pre-order the upcoming cars.

The Cars are $11,95 each
The Tracks are $14,95 each

Text from the iRacing Four-for-All news item:
The release of iRacing 2.0 may still be a few weeks away, but iRacers can get a jump on some of the content thanks to iRacing’s first ever Four-for-All. That’s right, four exciting features of iRacing 2.0 –Iowa Speedway and Suzuka International Racing course, the Ford GT and LMP ARX 01c – are now available for pre-sale. That’s one of America’s finest new speedways, a world class road circuit, an iconic GT machine and one of the fastest sports prototypes ever built. In other words, something for everyone.

The Ford GT is a modern version of the car that defeated mighty Ferrari at Le Mans in the 1960s. How modern, you ask? The iRacing Ford GT is a digital version of the car that David and Andrea Robertson and David Murry piloted to third place in the GTE Am class in the 2011 24 Hour of Le Mans. Better yet, the LMP ARX 01c is based on the Strakka Racing entry that Nick Leventis, Danny Watts and Johnny Kane drove to first place in LMP2 at Le Mans last year.

Featuring iRacing’s first active overpass, Suzuka’s distinctive figure eight layout has been the scene of epic battles featuring the likes of Alain Prost, Ayrton Senna (and Eddie Irvine), Michael Schumacher and Fernando Alonso in the Japanese Grand Prix. Iowa Speedway’s 7/8 mile oval annually plays host to the IZOD IndyCar Series and Firestone Indy Lights Series, as well as the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and the Nationwide Series, where Josh Wise will be racing his JR Motorsports Chevy in the special iRacing 2.0 livery designed by iRacer Kevin King on August 6.

All four cars and tracks are scheduled to be available in or shortly after the iRacing 2.0 release. But why wait? Take advantage of the iRacing Four-for All pre-sale now! And don’t forget, you receive an automatic 10% discount when purchasing any three pieces content, a discount that grows to 20% with the purchase of six pieces of content . . . and 25% when you purchase content that brings you to 100% of the available cars and tracks. See the Promotions page for full details.

Head on over to our CARS and TRACKS pages and pre-order now!

How much does every possible car + track cost? Plus these of course?
Erik,

That depends really on how much you race @ iRacing, as because of the 'credits' you can earn from racing a pre-determined number of races in a series. Some folks I know of have earned say $40 from racing in series, and then put this towards buying content, effectively not costing them any extra to buy.

If you work on the average of $11.95 for each car and $14.95 for each venue (I know not all venues are this much, but we're going for ballpark numbers) you would be looking at in the region of........

18 cars @ $11.95 = $215.10
36 venues @ $14.95 = $538.20

Plus today's pre-order releases ($53.80) you're looking in the region of $807.10.

Also remember, that certain venues contain more than one track layout, so you are at times effectively buying 3 or 4 tracks when purchasing one venue.

You can earn credits when taking out subscriptions, so you can effectively reduce the overall price for the content if you're shrewd, when the iRacing offers come around. Over a period of time, through the offers that iRacing have made available when purchasing subscriptions, entering series etc. I currently have $160 of iRacing dollars/credits, which I can now put towards buying new content.

Also, when purchasing content in bulk, they generally offer certain percentage discounts. Have a read on the site pages and you should find all you need to know.

Erik,

That depends really on how much you race @ iRacing, as because of the 'credits' you can earn from racing a pre-determined number of races in a series. Some folks I know of have earned say $40 from racing in series, and then put this towards buying content, effectively not costing them any extra to buy.

If you work on the average of $11.95 for each car and $14.95 for each venue (I know not all venues are this much, but we're going for ballpark numbers) you would be looking at in the region of........

18 cars @ $11.95 = $215.10
36 venues @ $14.95 = $538.20

Plus today's pre-order releases ($53.80) you're looking in the region of $807.10.

Also remember, that certain venues contain more than one track layout, so you are at times effectively buying 3 or 4 tracks when purchasing one venue.

You can earn credits when taking out subscriptions, so you can effectively reduce the overall price for the content if you're shrewd, when the iRacing offers come around. Over a period of time, through the offers that iRacing have made available when purchasing subscriptions, entering series etc. I currently have $160 of iRacing dollars/credits, which I can now put towards buying new content.

Also, when purchasing content in bulk, they generally offer certain percentage discounts. Have a read on the site pages and you should find all you need to know.

Dude, 160 iRacing Dollars! You're a lucky man!

But thanks for explaining. :)

Is there a benefit to preordering these? I mean I intend to buy them I have no doubt but there isnt any real benefit to preordering that I can right? That LMP looks awesome BTW!

I would like to know this too, well at least grumble a little. They make it sound like you get a bonus for pre-ordering but you dont, its just the normal 10%....

......*says this and then clicks 'buy now'* :p

Dan.

I had $30 in my account that iRacing gave back when I renewed for a year last month and a further $10 or so in iRacing credits so bought all four items, still in the 100% club :)

Yeah, did that too. First I redeemed the $30 renewal bonus, then a $10 friend-referal credits and the $3 iTested credits and then pre-ordered with the 100%-club discount. Everything for 'free' baby.

So they featuring the NTM?
Yes. I believe they will be released with iRacing 2.0. It would be silly if they don't have it.

and today;
ScreenHunter_01Jun281656.jpg

:D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back