GT Sport Autopolis and Five New Cars Added to Latest GT Sport Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A brand new and rather substantial update has been released for Gran Turismo Sport.

The new build, deployed to all owners of the PS4 exclusive GT Sport today, contains a nice collection of new content on both the car and circuit front - adding a real world location in the form of the Japanese Autopolis International raceway, and five new cars that include the fabulous 1995 McLaren F1 GTR...

GT Sport March Update.jpg

As well as the iconic F1 GTR, the update today also brings with it four additional vehicles to enjoy - the 2019 Toyota GR Supra RZ, 2013 Pagani Huayra, 2009 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren and the 1989 Mazda Eunos Roadster.

As per usual, additional highlights from the new build include new events and leagues based on the freshly release content, a new Scapes mode and various unannounced miscellaneous fixes and improvements to the game.

GT Sport is available exclusively to Sony PlayStation 4.

For more news, more discussion and more community engagement around the wonderful world of Gran Turismo Sport, head on over to our GT Sport sub forum here at RaceDepartment - get involved in the conversation now!

Like what we do here at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
I have never played another Gran Turismo since the 1st on ps1 but I still enjoy watching the videos of GT new generation ...
the realism of replays is really a pleasure for the eyes! polyphony digital realizes a ambience, textures, models of beauty!

I have never played another Gran Turismo since the 1st on ps1 but I still enjoy watching the videos of GT new generation ...
the realism of replays is really a pleasure for the eyes! polyphony digital realizes a ambience, textures, models of beauty!

Autopolis was a pleasant surprise. If you have a PS4 I suggest picking it up if you are into online competition. Despite its simple and shallow physics it's a lot of fun racing online with a huge player base. It's only twenty dollars.

It doesn't look bad at all, but this gotta be the first GT in the series that don't make me buy a Playstation. Think I'll just pass this time around. There are plenty of better racing games doing what GT does in this generation.

GT4 days were a different story though. What a game that one was. It was in a league of its own when the Prologue was released in late 2003.

It doesn't look bad at all, but this gotta be the first GT in the series that don't make me buy a Playstation. Think I'll just pass this time around. There are plenty of better racing games doing what GT does in this generation.

GT4 days were a different story though. What a game that one was. It was in a league of its own when the Prologue was released in late 2003.

To echo @Ludwig von Mises, if you have the extra cash or can borrow a PS4 and pick up GT Sport you would be well rewarded for doing so. The amount of raw passion poly has for the industry is presented extremely well and is something to be experienced.

While there are games out there that do specific aspects of racing better, as a complete package GT Sport is at the top of the list for me.

To echo @Ludwig von Mises, if you have the extra cash or can borrow a PS4 and pick up GT Sport you would be well rewarded for doing so. The amount of raw passion poly has for the industry is presented extremely well and is something to be experienced.

While there are games out there that do specific aspects of racing better, as a complete package GT Sport is at the top of the list for me.

Thanks for the recommendation, but PS4 isn't for me. Maybe PS5, if it's better than owning a gaming PC. I don't think PS4 was ever worth of my cash. Let alone now in the end of its life cycle.

Thanks for the recommendation, but PS4 isn't for me. Maybe PS5, if it's better than owning a gaming PC. I don't think PS4 was ever worth of my cash. Let alone now in the end of its life cycle.

I don't think a console will ever be better than a gaming PC :p. Unfortunately exclusives make not owning consoles a bit painful, but there are more games than anyone can reasonably play regardless of platform.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 462 39.3%