PC1 Autopilot in pits

Is anyone aware of if autopilot in pits will be removed ? or can be toggled at least..

It may not be a massive issue for most people, but it ruins the simulation attempts by this game when control is completely removed.

I can understand it removes the chance of mayhem in the pits, but that's really a moot point.

Even the handing back of control to the user coming out of a curved pits exit like Spa for example, lacks feedback. Didn't really feel like a seamless process, which it should if you're going to remove control from the end user.

It's one thing I've hoped would be removed from the game, yet have not heard much mention of it.

• Deleted member 113561

I don't think it will be changed. I agree that it ruins much of the immersion, but it's a choice that they made.
It was said during dev that it will be a postrelease feature. But atm idk what actual status is. Gonna ask in the forum for you, coz i want it badly aswell.
I could imagine though it comes with Pit Animations

It was said during dev that it will be a postrelease feature. But atm idk what actual status is. Gonna ask in the forum for you, coz i want it badly aswell.
I could imagine though it comes with Pit Animations

Thank you!

I know it's a feature that others have asked for earlier, but I wasn't sure if it was going to be a post-release addition. I really should log in to the forums myself and add a request also.

• Deleted member 113561

Thank you!

I know it's a feature that others have asked for earlier, but I wasn't sure if it was going to be a post-release addition. I really should log in to the forums myself and add a request also.
Read this thread http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...want-this-game-to-be-a-Sim-Then-make-it-a-Sim - it doesnt says much but enough to guess the answer.

It seems like that they wont do it for PCARS 1 - but i think if the community really wishes it for pCARS 1 the may decide else. I think one of the problems is setup pitstrategy while driving - the design isnt prepared for that - its sad as i really wish manual pits aswell.
I will keep trying to get the people who wants it together to convince SMS to do it for pCARS 1 but im a bit pessimistic that it becomes reality.

And when customers complain, they get this style of superb customer service:

bell%20bans_zpsxpzuyw7q.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I will keep trying to get the people who wants it together to convince SMS to do it for pCARS 1 but im a bit pessimistic that it becomes reality.

If what Mr.Bell says are correct, then it won't happen due to licensing, and, let's say, Aston Martin does not want it to be possible to drive through humans.
That's at least what he says, but to know when he is joking and being serious is NOT easy!

Thanks for the information guys, I just had a look through the thread on the PCars forum ....

From a quick look (cos it gets off topic fast in that place) they have AI controlled pits so people can't run over unanimated pit crew members.... what the hell ? is that seriously an answer ? I've noticed Ian Bell is a bit of a twat at times towards his paying customers, but seriously, that's seems like a piss poor excuse to blame it on licensing. It's not like the game is simulating vehicular manslaughter, AI aren't getting hooked up in the wheel arch and dragged down the back straight with blood spraying everywhere, although Carmageddon is pretty cool.

What about the fact I can simulate driving my car in to a wall at top speed and committing suicide, even though the animations aren't there, shouldn't that ability be removed also ? Maybe this game should just be on auto-pilot and we can watch how racing sims should be done.

edit: After reading further, it seems like they will be adding animated pit crews in a later build. Which would lean towards, It's too hard to animate crew and allow you to drive the car in pits at the same time, which makes more sense than a licensing issue. Still, drivable pits>animate pit crew.

Last edited:
If what Mr.Bell says are correct, then it won't happen due to licensing, and, let's say, Aston Martin does not want it to be possible to drive through humans.
That's at least what he says, but to know when he is joking and being serious is NOT easy!
It the same reason that Codemaster use to not have manual pit stops in their F1 20xx Series. FOM don't like the idea of pit personal being hit by F1 cars.

It's like ghosting (or some similar avoidance system) isn't possible to code.Yet it's already used in both games.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 285 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 40.0%