Automobolista keeps crashing

Hi guys , not sure if I have missed something but haven't played for a while and when I tried tonight game keeps crashing during opening movie. Tried beta as well, same thing!. Not sure if it is windows 10 causing the issue or what. Any ideas?

Well, first you need to locate your UserData folder: it is either in your Document folder (...\Documents\Automobilista\userdata\yourname), or in the game folder itself if you run the game as admin (...\steamapps\common\Automobilista\userdata\yourname).

In this UserData folder you'll see a folder with your name: that's were all the datas are stored. Move this folder to your desktop: next time you'll fire the game it will ask you to create a new profile.

If you want to get back your settings, lap times, etc.: close the game, open the old profile folder that you just saved. You'll find a bunch of .cch files (your lap times and records are stored there), a Controller.ini file (your wheel or controller settings are in there), a 'Settings' folder (all your setups are in there). Move them in the new user folder you have with the new profile to get them back.

I'm just not 100% sure keeping the Controller.ini is a good idea as the new one might bring newer options; it might be worth re-assigning your keys, and start fresh.

@alexSchmurtz Thank you for an exemplary explanation. I followed your instructions to the letter (including using a new Controller.ini file) and everything is working perfectly.

May I suggest that your reply is made into a sticky? It should be straightforward to make a new profile that keeps old lap times and user preferences, but catastrophe awaits anyone who isn't quite sure of what they're doing. Your post could help a lot of Automobilista fans.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 260 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 170 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 168 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 125 7.4%
  • < 5 years