Automobolista keeps crashing

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by sci006, Jun 2, 2018.

1. sci006

sci006

Ratings:
    +4
    Hi guys , not sure if I have missed something but haven't played for a while and when I tried tonight game keeps crashing during opening movie. Tried beta as well, same thing!. Not sure if it is windows 10 causing the issue or what. Any ideas?

2. sci006

sci006

Ratings:
    +4
    Think I found a solution ticked windowed box in config tool and seems to be working now

3. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,740
    Well running config again is a good idea. If you keep having issues, making a new profile might solve them; with all the latest changes Reiza advised a new one for the latest updates.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stephen O'Sullivan

Stephen O'Sullivan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +175
    I'd like to make a new profile but keep my settings, lap times, etc.. Is this possible? If so, could someone explain how to do it in simple steps, remembering at all times that I'm a (computer...) simpleton? Thank you. :)

5. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,740
    Well, first you need to locate your UserData folder: it is either in your Document folder (...\Documents\Automobilista\userdata\yourname), or in the game folder itself if you run the game as admin (...\steamapps\common\Automobilista\userdata\yourname).

In this UserData folder you'll see a folder with your name: that's were all the datas are stored. Move this folder to your desktop: next time you'll fire the game it will ask you to create a new profile.

If you want to get back your settings, lap times, etc.: close the game, open the old profile folder that you just saved. You'll find a bunch of .cch files (your lap times and records are stored there), a Controller.ini file (your wheel or controller settings are in there), a 'Settings' folder (all your setups are in there). Move them in the new user folder you have with the new profile to get them back.

I'm just not 100% sure keeping the Controller.ini is a good idea as the new one might bring newer options; it might be worth re-assigning your keys, and start fresh.

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  6. Stephen O'Sullivan

Stephen O'Sullivan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +175
    @alexSchmurtz Thank you for an exemplary explanation. I followed your instructions to the letter (including using a new Controller.ini file) and everything is working perfectly.

May I suggest that your reply is made into a sticky? It should be straightforward to make a new profile that keeps old lap times and user preferences, but catastrophe awaits anyone who isn't quite sure of what they're doing. Your post could help a lot of Automobilista fans.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    • Beer Beer x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.