Automobilista2 interview with RENATO SIMIONI/ Oct. 28, 2019.

Bonehead

Premium
I have no clue as to what was said. If anyone can interpret this in a small condensed version I would appreciate it very much. I am very curious if the BETA release was mentioned. Thank you.

A lot of the stuff asked is sometimes answered by saying that it's similar to what AMS1 had or PC2 has, so I don't know how those would work.

-Some new brazilian categories;
-Trucks;
-Old brazillian stock car cars to celebrate 40 years of brazilian stock car series;
-They had to develop a dedicated server tool since PC2 engine doesn't have it. I don' t know exactly what that means;
-Game will have some focus/elements on e-sport(not sure I understood that right) and racing leagues, so it will have some "cheat detection systems" similar to AMS1 and improving what PC2 already provides, very vague about this, probably about cutting corners and ramming people.
-Will have something like Trading paints like in iRacing? I don't know what that is since I don't play iRacing.
-Maybe a console release thanks to Madness engine, so it would be simple to port to other platforms, but focus is 100% on pc release and it's improvement then they may look at consoles;
-AMS2 will be less CPU heavy than AMS1. Lots of things were rendered by the CPU on AMS1 and car number would make it worse;
-No mods because of Madness engine, it's a closed engine that the general public doesn't have enough knowledge. Liveries and UI edits will probably the only thing people will manage to change. AMS1 was never aimed at modding, but players already had a vast knowledge of that engine so modding was easy;
-Slightly more sophisticated career mode. Player will have a progression inside the AMS2 universe(maybe similar to PC2?). They wan't to do it right and not something completely simple, so career probably won't be available on release, will be added later;
-Game will have joystick support;
-They are very happy with Madness engine, it's working very well.
-They believe AMS2 is an upgrade in all aspects compared to AMS1.
-There's a tool to build a championship the way you want.
-Release will probably be changed to first few months of 2020(so maybe Jan/Feb/March ?);
-Beta access for those with early access in the future.

Overall this interview was very superficial. Looks like the game is still in a very work in progress state, but from the sounds of it they are not having trouble developing the game thanks to the Madness engine. And as always, like other simracing games, it will receive support for like 1~2 years, so a long project.

Last edited:
They confirmed this beauty, the 1999 Stock car!

em-1999-no-ano-que-a-stock-car-1.jpg

But, if they won´t allow mods, I think I´ll end up sim-racing rFactor 2 more than AMS 2...
Reiza has been consistent in saying they will not support mods for AMS2. Officially they don't support mods in AMS1, either!

However, some of the workings of the Madness engine are known and modded cars have been created for pCARS, so it seems likely that will happen with AMS2.

I think that just because of Reiza´s origins, their work with that engine should have a more
open approach, so I expect them to be more open minded on the mods subject, leaving
their customers options to extract more of the Sim.

Hopefully they see this also as another selling point.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 91 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 67 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 100 13.9%