Automobilista Version 1.01 Deployed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS Patch 1.01.jpg

Reiza Studios have deployed a new patch for their Automobilista Motorsport Simulator (AMS) on Steam, bringing with it a number of updates and fixes to the popular racing sim.

Patch 1.0.1 was released on Monday with a number of fixes to issues found in the recent version 1 release of the title. Highlights from todays patch include a useful memory leak fix in the game menus, several visual bug fixes including more work on the floating cars in replay issue and a nice triple screen fix to better present vehicle info displays.

As well as the new update, Reiza have confirmed Steam Achievements have been delayed until the version 1.1 patch, probably due to hit the game around the end of September.

Changelog for Build v1.0.1:
  • Fixed bug causing memory leak in menus
  • Fixed bug with track usage conditions using current setting (rather than defaulting to max state) in Time Trial mode
  • Fixed bug which could cause game to run in 16bit color mode when in Windowed mode
  • Updated DRM version to atone for some potential conflicts with older OS
  • Fixed bug where max opponent vehicles in menu would not reset to the current series default after switching from a series with a higher limit
  • Corrected vehicle info display during loading screen for triple screen resolutions
  • Further adjusted floating car issue in multiplayer replays
  • Small UI tweaks to race settings
  • Corrected alpha in main menu series graphics to remove light square box around them
  • DynHUD: Improved DeltaTimesWidget in TIME TRIAL mode & fixed initial visibility in CleanHUD; Updated Editor initialization paths
  • Corrected parameters in F-Retro & F-Vintage series for VX portal
  • Mendig: Limited max car count to 20
  • F-Vintage: Fixed Miatra 02 1969 tachometer needle; helmet updates
  • F-Retro: Fixed suspension animation
  • F-Vee: fixed suspension visibility from cockpit
  • F-V12: Updated throttle map
  • F-V10: Main LOD optimization for better performance / lower memory load; fixed mirrors from TV cam;
  • SuperV8: Main LOD optimization for better performance / lower memory load
  • Boxer Cup: Main LOD optimization for better performance / lower memory load
  • Montana: Fixed transmission description to 5-speed sequential

OBS:
Steam Achievements have been rescheduled to be introduced in v1.1 at the end of the month.

VX portal is also now also officially launched at www.virtualxperience.net ! You can access the multiplayer lobby and launch the sim straight from your browser. Official public rooms are also up and running now, with a rotating schedule soon to be divulged.

For all of the news relating to Automobilista, check out the AMS sub forum here at RaceDepartment. We have regular Club Racing events to enjoy, all the top mods for the sim to download, and some of the most engaging community discussion just waiting to be enjoyed. Head on over now to see what everyone has been talking about.

Have you tried the new AMS patch? Do you like the game so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
a nice triple screen fix to better present vehicle info displays.
...Not sure what that is but it sounds interesting....will have to investigate. Oddly enough with all the bug fixes listed now and before, I personally have not noticed any, which is great to see that Reiza has got my back like the team of mechanics under the hood...lol.....which lets me just concentrate on driving :D

• Boxer Cup: Main LOD optimization for better performance / lower memory load
That worked like a charm! The Boxer Cup graphics is much lighter now, thanks a lot!
As I play the sim in a 2-years old Notebook, I have to lower down several settings in order to run the game at a nice fps rate. With this graphical optimization, my FPS rate goes up to 10 fps more than I had on v1.0, which allowed me to use better graphic settings. That enhance my game experience to a whole new level, as I had to put low track objects before, and missed all the nice stuff on track surroundings.

Thanks a lot for this, and keep up the LOD optimizations in the future! People with older rigs like me will be very pleased! ;)

@Alex Sawczuk Loving Automobilista an awful lot! Just having a slight problem when using Copa Montana at Kansai Full, I have to reverse the FFB. Then I have to revert back to normal FFB for other tracks with Copa Montana. Not a big issue but just thought it a little strange this is happening. I can live with it but just wondered if others had come across the same issue?

Using T300 with T3PA Pro, Triple screens, Windows 10

Last edited:
Loving the game. Driving more than ever because Reiza keeps fixing things so I don't have to. I'm running the game completely out-of-the-box other than Real Head Motion which for me is mandatory so hope there is continuing support or a replacement for this in Reiza 2017. Really like the VX portal and leaderboards and also the continuing MP popularity of the Vintages which are my favorite vehicles. Performance is outstanding with my aging GTX760 on a single screen and ffb on my trusty G27 is informative and deeply immersive. Reiza are simply masters of design, product strategy, quality and community relations and I find my overall sim racing experience is more positive than ever since I have dedicated myself to this sim exclusively.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 375 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 516 38.9%