Automobilista Version 0.8.9r Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Automobilista Update 1.jpg

Following a recent copyright claim and the correlating glorious return to Steam Reiza Studios have released the latest patch to Early Access title Automobilista Motorsport Simulator bringing the title to version EA 0.8.8r.

The latest update for the popular game contains a number of new fictional skins across a range of its open wheel content alongside updated AI and sounds for some cars. Of particular interest to many online racers, is the new attempt to fix a frustrating controller bug that causes occasional loss of wheel functionality for some players.

Automobillista continues in the Steam Early Access program while Reiza build up the title prior to a full version 1 launch in the coming weeks.

Build v0.8.9r Changelog:

• Added new controller / FFB recovery mechanism in attempt to rectify occasional loss of functionality in between sessions
  • Added extra information & reprofiled dashboard displays to better represent real counterparts (for Lancer Cup, Marcas, F-Extreme, Metalmoro MR18 - remaining cars to be updated in the following update)
  • Repainted skins for several fictional series
  • Goiania: Updated AI
  • Marcas: Updated external sounds

Don't forget to keep an eye out right here on RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion around AMS alongside an often packed Club Racing scene and active mods section.

How is AMS feeling after the latest update? Happy with progress so far? Has the controller issue been resolved for you? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear lazyweb,

So, um, if "Campo" is pronounced "KHAN-poh" and means "field", how do you pronounce "Canpo" and do .br-pt speakers assign any meaning to said word (google translate was of little help)?

Does brazilian portuguese not distinguish between the consonants 'm' and 'n' in general?

:D

P.S. @aleph: Thanks for the pronounciation guide. However, I have to admit to being intrigued at finding that someone using a hebrew letter name as a nick would know portuguese. Is there an interesting story there? :cool:

So, um, if "Campo" is pronounced "KHAN-poh" and means "field", how do you pronounce "Canpo" and do .br-pt speakers assign any meaning to said word (google translate was of little help)? Does brazilian portuguese not distinguish between the consonants 'm' and 'n' in general?
There is no such word. The letter "p" is always preceded by "m" in Portuguese. Even so, there is indeed a difference in pronunciation between "am" and "an", but it is so subtle that it would require an audio or video recording (and even so I doubt most non-Portuguese speakers would be able to detect it).

I have to admit to being intrigued at finding that someone using a hebrew letter name as a nick would know portuguese. Is there an interesting story there? :cool:
Nothing so fancy. My nick comes from the short story "The Aleph" by the great Argentinian writer Jorge Luiz Borges (http://www.phinnweb.org/links/literature/borges/aleph.html). For those still adept of this ancient analog practice, it is a wonderful reading.

OK, here we go:

Interlagos = Inter-lah-goes (“between lakes”; official F1 circuit in the city of São Paulo)
Brasilia = Brazil-ee-ah (“one who comes from Brazilian lands”, Brazilian capital. While driving around the track, which is located near the city center, you can see one of the buildings designed by famous architect Oscar Niemeyer)
Jacarepagua = Jah-kah-ray-pah-gwah (Indian name, “low lagoon with crocodiles”. The circuit, located in Rio de Janeiro, used to host Indycar races - thus the oval variation - and its official name is Nelson Piquet International Circuit, after the Brazilian F1 champion - yes, Grasshopper, there were others before Senna)
Floripa = Flow-ree-pah (short for Florianopolis, “city of Floriano”, a Brazilian president in the 19th century; located in the city of the same name, capital of Santa Catarina state)
Granja Viana = Gran-jah Vee-an-ah (“Viana farm”, official name Ayrton Senna Karting Circuit, also in São Paulo)
Campo Grande = Kan-pow Gran-deh (“big field”)
Caruaru = Kah-roo-ah-roo (Indian name, “land of plenty”)
Cascavel = Kass-kah-vehl (“rattlesnake”)
Curitiba = Koo-ree-tee-bah (Indian name, “land of pine trees”)
Goiania = Go-eean-ee-ah (Indian name, “land with plenty of water”)
Guapore = Gwa-poh-reh (Indian name, “field with waterfall”)
Londrina = Lon-dree-nah (“from London”, because the original land owners were British)
Ribeirão Preto = Ree-bei-roun Pray-tow (“black creek”)
Salvador = Sal-vah-dower (“Savior”)
Santa Cruz do Sul = San-tah Crews doh Sool (“holy Southern cross”)
Taruma = Tah-rue-man (Indian name, “dark winemaking fruit”, also the name of a tree)

Before this little exercise, I had never actually realized Brazil had so many cities with centuries-old Indian names, mostly geographic references. One is always learning... :)
I'm assuming you're not of Portugese origin? I'm pretty sure Taruma is pronounced Tarru-maa and that Cascavel is pronounced Cascaveu as traditionally in Portugese L is pronounced like English W

I'm assuming you're not of Portugese origin? I'm pretty sure Taruma is pronounced Tarru-maa and that Cascavel is pronounced Cascaveu as traditionally in Portugese L is pronounced like English W
Tarumã would be better pronounced Tah-ru-muh ou Tah-ruu-muuh, because the ~ punctuation on the final "a" makes the stronger syllable in the word.

And Cascavel would be Cas-cah-vehl, or your way to say wouldn't be wrong either.

P.S. @aleph: Thanks for the pronounciation guide. However, I have to admit to being intrigued at finding that someone using a hebrew letter name as a nick would know portuguese. Is there an interesting story there? :cool:

Nothing so fancy. My nick comes from the short story "The Aleph" by the great Argentinian writer Jorge Luiz Borges (http://www.phinnweb.org/links/literature/borges/aleph.html). For those still adept of this ancient analog practice, it is a wonderful reading.

Nothing so fancy? I disagree. Though I may presently be standing in the darkness of a cave, You, Sir, have unveiled a looking glass through which I have discovered an escape to a new -- yet strangely familiar -- world of celestial light.

A wonderful reading it is indeed. Thank You.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 252 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%