Automobilista Updated and Puma Cars Added

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS December Update PUMA .jpg

Automobilista has been updated - now includes four new Puma cars!

Automobilista has received a new update today (that's something I never thought I'd write again), and the wait should hopefully be well worth it - a couple of new fixes and four brand new, and highly entertaining cars from the Brazilian Puma brand.

AMS V1.5.15:
  • Added Puma Series with Lumimari, P052 models;
  • Added Puma GTB, GTE models to TC Classics series
  • Goiania: Fixed VX ID error in External layout
  • TC Classics: Adjusted engine inertia
  • F-Classic: Adjusted AI fuel consumption & threshold for tire pitstops

GENERAL NOTES:

Logitech G29 / G920 users: Support for auto rotation is on a dedicated Beta Branch labeled LogitechG29. Further instructions as to how to switch to a beta branch here

If you experience any issues running the game following the update, it´s worth running a Steam Integrity Check to make sure all files have been added / updated correctly.

AMS Lumimari concept Sports Car 1.jpg
AMS Lumimari concept Sports Car 3.jpg

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing game from Reiza Studios, and can be purchased from the Steam network.

If you enjoy Automobilista then take your experience to the next level with RaceDepartment! Join in our brilliant online Racing Club to take part in organised online race events, or head over to the Automobilista Modding Forum to have a look through our community made content, or if this isn't enough to keep you occupied, check out the general AMS sub forum and involve yourself in our wonderful sim racing community.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Check us out on Social Media!

Last edited:
Getting CTD when trying to use Lumimari, P052 (all I tested so far)

Loads up the track, but once you try to start the race, quits to desktop (no error prompt). Happens with none of the old cars (just tested)

Did Steam integrity check too, no fix

Last edited:
Getting CTD when trying to use Lumimari, P052 (all I tested so far)

Loads up the track, but once you try to start the race, quits to desktop (no error prompt). Happens with none of the old cars (just tested)

Did Steam integrity check too, no fix

This has been reported and noted over at the Reiza forums.

From the announcement post:

"Hearing the reports of people with CTD running the new Pumas, sorry about that we´re investigating and pushing to sort it ASAP."

It seems quite random as to when it happens and may not be effecting all users. It is possible to get them up and running with a few re-tries, in my experience.

Added Puma GTB, GTE models to TC Classics series

I cannot find these cars anywhere? Not in my TC classics
Anyone else have this issue?

GTB and GTE are located in the TC Classics series and then go (from memory)

Copa Classic > B > GTE
Copa Classic > FL > GTB

You'll need to own the Brazilian Touring Classics DLC to use them.

The P052 and the Lumimari are available for all in their own series folder, even if you own no DLC. :)

GTB and GTE are located in the TC Classics series and then go (from memory)

Copa Classic > B > GTE
Copa Classic > FL > GTB

You'll need to own the Brazilian Touring Classics DLC to use them.

The P052 and the Lumimari are available for all in their own series folder, even if you own no DLC. :)
Found them. Cheers

I had the ctd problem until I set Player detail and opponent detail to full. Only tried a race with the Lumimari so far, what a sweet little thing!

Many thanks and a merry Christmas to all at Reiza and also here at Race Department!

I have always had my details at Full and have the exit to desktop in both beta and release versions. It seems to only affect the Lumimari variants (not the GTE and GTB) and some people only get the exit once and then it is OK after that. Others of us keep getting it randomly--because once in a while it will load and play normally! So there is nothing fundamentally wrong or that needs adjustment from the user side.

Reiza will get it sorted soon enough. Just really bad timing for them while they were trying to be nice to all of us by releasing on Christmas Eve.

With regard to CTD after some epic effort by devs debugging last night and into this morning the issue has been narrowed down and a fix repacked. You can expect an update in the next few hours which should hopefully resolve the issue.

In the meantime, running without AI and sticking to internal views will work in most cases.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.3%