Automobilista Updated and Puma Cars Added

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS December Update PUMA .jpg

Automobilista has been updated - now includes four new Puma cars!

Automobilista has received a new update today (that's something I never thought I'd write again), and the wait should hopefully be well worth it - a couple of new fixes and four brand new, and highly entertaining cars from the Brazilian Puma brand.

AMS V1.5.15:
  • Added Puma Series with Lumimari, P052 models;
  • Added Puma GTB, GTE models to TC Classics series
  • Goiania: Fixed VX ID error in External layout
  • TC Classics: Adjusted engine inertia
  • F-Classic: Adjusted AI fuel consumption & threshold for tire pitstops

GENERAL NOTES:

Logitech G29 / G920 users: Support for auto rotation is on a dedicated Beta Branch labeled LogitechG29. Further instructions as to how to switch to a beta branch here

If you experience any issues running the game following the update, it´s worth running a Steam Integrity Check to make sure all files have been added / updated correctly.

AMS Lumimari concept Sports Car 1.jpg
AMS Lumimari concept Sports Car 3.jpg

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing game from Reiza Studios, and can be purchased from the Steam network.

If you enjoy Automobilista then take your experience to the next level with RaceDepartment! Join in our brilliant online Racing Club to take part in organised online race events, or head over to the Automobilista Modding Forum to have a look through our community made content, or if this isn't enough to keep you occupied, check out the general AMS sub forum and involve yourself in our wonderful sim racing community.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Check us out on Social Media!

Last edited:
Loving the old Pumas, you can get the hang of the GTE quite easily, but boy, the GTB is brutal in every sense possible (with a glorious sound). The Pumas were dominant cars in Copa Classic RS, but I'm finding them a bit too dominant in their classes in AMS.

About the CTD, I had it first with the GTB and then with the P052 after today's update. In both cases I tested a car before and when I entered with them in a new session the controls weren't responding and then I got the CTD.

Tip for maintaining skins ............

AMS is a little confusing and problematic with skins replacing defaults
The other issue is ( unless somethings changed I have not seen ) you can't select individual skins to race all your 3rd party

Easy solution is using JSGME or OVGME
* I recommend OVGME as you can place "MODS" anywhere

1. Remove all default TC classic skins from AMS and pack individual models into seperate "MODS'

2. Remove all default TC classic that have 3rd party skins from those "MODS" and place in another new "MOD" you see in pics

3. Pack all 3rd party skins into other mods you see

Now you can instantly swap from no TCL to default TCL to only the modded TCL then back again
When you get a skin uses a new car download straight into the correct mod
De-activate any TCL mods, move the default files for the new skins into the correct mod

Re-activate

AMS-TC-MODS-2.jpg

AMS-TC-MODS-2.jpg

EDIT: sorry, actually you have 4 choices

1. No TCL so not showing in menu with all team files disabled
( you can use this to easily find and fix errors with errant files left behind in AMS folder*** )
Anyone that has packed ECC into "MODS" would know what i am talking about
I watched new EEC mods left unchecked spreading thumbs like cancer through other ECC
skinsets using the same cars....I i tried to tell them they were not interested

Some modders and painters insist on leaving hidden files or thumbs.db in their packages........ it is the curse of generic tool users p
OVGME will not remove thumbs or hidden files when a mods de-activated so when you activate the same mod next time it will error and won't install lool
That is why I search all downloads for thumbs and other hidden files to save the hassle later

2. Default TCL
3. 3rd Party TCL
4. Default and 3rd Party TLC

Takes a few clicks :)

Last edited:
Adjusted engine inertia

Ahhh I was wondering why when I put the Puma in gear with the clutch depressed the car lurched forward, haha.

Thank you Reiza. This latest update is amazing and above and beyond! Thank you !!

I recently dived into Automobilista: great sim, which brings something different from the others ones :thumbsup:.
glad to discover (I won't say obscure) new tracks and new cars :).
These Puma cars are a very cool xmas gift from Reiza, I'm enjoying much all of them, each is specific, well made, a lot of fun to drive!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%