Automobilista to Feature McLaren Cars?

mclaren-sign.jpg

Yet another tasty surprise from AMS.

It looks like Reiza still has an ace or two up its sleeves, because something came up with the last update, something very interesting indeed. As the screenshot shows, it seems like there is a folder laying around in the 'Vehicles' directory of Automobilista, clearly labelled "Mclaren"!

mclaren_scoop #1.png

Right now, there is not much else to say rather than this is very exciting news since Reiza did mention a partnership with a British manufacturer in the past, for a DLC that still hasn't happened. Is this the proof we needed that the DLC is actually coming and that it will feature McLaren cars?
Renato Simioni's reaction seems to prove it, or is at least a nice wink in that direction.
Stay tuned!

mclaren scoop #2.png

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing game from Reiza Studios, and can be purchased from the Steam network.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Check us out on Social Media!

Last edited:
Mmmhhh, this makes me curious.

I probably have missed some crucial infos, but wasn´t 2018 supposed to be they year the AMS successor should have seen the light ?
As well as the development for AMS should have stopped ~ a year ago ?
Don´t get me wrong, i really apprecciate what Reiza is still doing to AMS, they have a strong dedication towards their "child" every other simracing developer is missing.

Will 2019 see AMS2/Reiza´18, or more DLC for AMS ? I would like to know a little, since this mysterious McLaren folder at least raises an eyebrow.

I probably have missed some crucial infos, but wasn´t 2018 supposed to be they year the AMS successor should have seen the light ?
Don´t get me wrong, i really apprecciate what Reiza is still doing to AMS, they have a strong dedication towards their "child" every other simracing developer is missing.

Will 2019 see AMS2/Reiza´18, or more DLC for AMS ? I would like to know a little, since this mysterious McLaren folder at least raises an eyebrow.
one more dlc for ams, one dlc for rf2 and then full steam ahead towards mystical, mysterious reiza17 (which should be in some advanced stages of development if i understand their latest report correctly)

Considering there's also an entry in the realfeel file named [F1] I'd say it's almost certain we'll get the F1 road car in the near future.

@leon_90

If I recall, Reiza said major not British. We got British manufacturers (and tracks) via the first DLC, the Brit Pack.

Reiza released an update around this time last year that they billed as the final major update. There was still a DLC and a hotfix patch scheduled but many people misinterpreted this as an end to all AMS development. For one reason or another the content was delayed throughout the year.

Short story of it is they are still working on the successor (likely still assessing their options for an engine) and the game will see at least this final manufacturer DLC released on the current AMS platform.

Major development of AMS has ended so don't expect any big feature additions in your patch notes. Bug fixes and DLC only at this point.

Renato did a couple of update posts within the last couple of months which I think were covered here, else check out Reiza's official forums.

I hope they come with more historic things like the Imola 70’s track layout... more historic tracks and real historic cars... a formula one season of 1975....?
There a lot gt3’s at this moment and cars and classes of today. Bring historic things Reiza!! That is what we missing in Simracing

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 96 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 130 13.7%