Automobilista Talk & Drive - Ultima GTR with Niels Heusinkveld

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS Ultima GTR - Brands Hatch.jpg

Reiza Studios physics guru Niels Heusinkveld presents a 20 minute "talk and drive" video presentation of the upcoming Ultima GTR for Automobilista, putting the 720hp closed cockpit sports car through its paces around the beautiful Interlagos Formula One track.

The Brit Pack DLC will introduce three renowned UK circuits to Automobilista - Brands Hatch, Oulton Park and Cadwell Park, as well as a selection of popular British club racing vehicles. Caterham will make its debut in the sim, with Reiza producing several variations of the classic manufacturers line of models. Open wheel cars in the form of the Formula Trainer (Formula Ford without the licence), the MCR Sports 2000 and of course the previewed Ultima GTR will also form the first DLC package since AMS reached V1 last month.

Reiza physics guru Niels Heusinkveld, the man behind many of the outstanding cars in AMS, has given fans an early access view of the epic looking Ultima as part of his nice little "talk and drive" videos, putting the machine through its paces around the Brazilian Grand Prix venue at Interlagos. You can check out the full 20 minute video below.

Niels Heusinkveld Talk & Drive 19: Ultima GTR

The Automobilista Brit Pack DLC is due for release on the 27th September, priced at $19.99. Season Pass or Beta Backers will receive the pack at no additional cost.

Check out the Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions regarding the simulation. We do mods, setups and awesome racing clubs too, well worth a look for those with an interest in all things Reiza...

Looking forward to the Brit Pack DLC? What piece of content are you most excited about? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Nice video by Niels as usual. This car looks like a bit of a monster although in typical Reiza style still very drivable. After crashing the Ultima a few times I am sure I will spend most of my time with the Caterham(s) and FFord just because they should be a lot more raceable for me.

While it seems pretty cool I can't help but feel that yet another odd choice of car is the last thing I want/need in AMS. Hopefully URD will do for cars what Patrik has done for track selection in the title.

How many titles have as many cars and broad range of choice as AMS? No one cares if you or I don't like a particular car. Drive something else. And if there isn't enough to choose from, then your standards are either ridiculous, or you should just go use a different sim...one with a greater selection of cars, I guess. Which one is that?

While it seems pretty cool I can't help but feel that yet another odd choice of car is the last thing I want/need in AMS. Hopefully URD will do for cars what Patrik has done for track selection in the title.

We have the EEC mod for that stuff. I think AMS is probably better off without offical GT3 content just because for the sims that have it that's pretty well all that anybody races.

While it seems pretty cool I can't help but feel that yet another odd choice of car is the last thing I want/need in AMS

This is why opinions are a wonderful thing. For me, one of the best things in AMS is the unusual cars and tracks. I easily tire of playing the same old car / track across a million platforms. Yeah Spa is cool, but I'd much sooner go drive in AMS on a track I've never heard of in Brazil and have a blast learning something new and interesting.

On the other hand, I see why this can turn people off, and that is why I say opinions are great. Different things do it for different folks.

Thankfully we have mods. So everyone wins :D

Agreed Paul, I don't begrudge anyone loving the crap out of the "rare" things coming out of AMS, track wise there's plenty of high quality mods to mix into the content to make it an amazing game on that front. Not to crap on what the EEC guy has done but as a mostly offline AMS racer the mod is not really for me, it's for the EEC league and I'm sure it delivers in that regard. Though to be fair EEC is all about the GT3's and URD is GTE so it's not like their in direct competition anyway.

Not quite sure where you're coming from though Kev, it's not really the case that AMS lack of a strong GT* lineup is making it's other content that much more popular, it's making AMS that less driven online.

Not quite sure where you're coming from though Kev, it's not really the case that AMS lack of a strong GT* lineup is making it's other content that much more popular, it's making AMS that less driven online.
Just to jump in on this one: this is also what i hate online in the sim world. Apart from some (very few and very seldom) who do interesting combos most just do GT. So much awesome cars and tracks we have spread over the simulators and its the same combos over and over and over. I must be one of the lucky ones who LOVE every type of car/class there is. To me racing is to chase the others and win (hopefully), and you can do that in anything that rolls and has an engine. :)

Of course leagues and other serious competitions do best with typical race cars, but combos you find browsing each sim's MP section always has the most people in GT as well, and no "exotic" combos. That most people cant seem to find any joy in a single race that isnt GT baffles me. Really does. MP would be golden and super fun if people would find "motorsport" interesting and not just GT. :p

AMS video: Great looking machine. Sounding amazing too. Cant wait. :thumbsup:

You should try the clubracing here at RD then Alex, even in the more GT prolific sims there's quite a lot of "exotic" fun to be had. =)

Personally I just feel AMS already does the exotic very well.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back