Automobilista Subject to Copyright Claim

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Automobilista Logo.jpg

Reiza Studios' newest title Automobilista has been temporary removed from the Steam digital distribution platform due to a copyright infringement claim. The title was removed from the Steam storefront Tuesday night.

Reiza Studios made the following statement to their fans and customers today:

"The Steam store page for Automobilista has been taken down due to a copyright infringement claim which had been submitted to Valve.

As is known, Automobilista packages a variety of officially licensed cars & brands alongside fictionalized, originally created content. The claim in question does not make any specific reference to content present in Automobilista supposedly in infringement of the party´s copyright - until it does, our belief is that it has no merit.

We have already taken the appropriate measures to resolve the issue ASAP, but in accordance to Valve´s policy, the process may take a few days to be completed.

In the meantime time we will continue to progress with the development of Automobilista, and intend to release another Early Access update shortly. The game is available for purchase as part of our Membership packages from our forum store.

Please understand that until the matter is fully resolved, we may not be able to discuss it."​

If you previously purchased and installed Automobilista through Steam, you will still be able to play the current Early Access build 0.8.7r both off- and online.

Dont forget to check out the RaceDepartment Automobilista forum for discussion and news on the Reiza title. Why not have a go in one of our daily Club Races run across a number of tracks and cars with large grids and close racing.

Update April 5th
: Renato Simioni made a statement that can be seen here

Last edited by a moderator:
You can rule Codemasters out as gamers will buy their official formula one game anyway, regardless of mods in other games. I know I do.

Yeah, as I told later I don't think Codemasters have anything to do with it, dont think AMS will hurt there sale that much... But still, in game world these days with the licence wars then I wouldn't be surprised..

So, the FOM is jealous that Reiza was able to make better top-tier open wheeler content than anybody they've ever licensed could have ever done. Definetely F1 is the greatest example to see how to piss off your fans. Just because they own the rights of the Formula 1, doesn't mean that you own the rights of the concept "top-tier open wheeler".

Reiza might've flown too close to the sun with it's mock F1 liveries and names, Pcars seems safe.

FOM's attitude with the F1 license is all wrong honestly, games and the internet shouldn't be used as quick cash ins, they should be a way to bring new fans to the sport and get them hooked.

F1 games went downhill since they went exclusive, and guess what? They aren't even top sellers anymore, something like Pcars outsells them easily, never mind GT and Forza which are established franchises.

How great would've been a world where we get F1 games from Reiza, S3, Kunos, SMS... and Codemasters (they would do much better if there was competition).

Then why weren't you guys (and others) touching this story when it was fresh to ensure maximum accuracy?
So because you choose to run a tabloid filled with mainly speculations, wrong facts and outright lies we need to correct your stuff because you don't check your facts? No thanks.

We have been under attack for many years and never felt the need to public bring this as news as it isn't news. It is just an agency bullying the internet (in the mod cases mostly rightfully and in other cases not rightfully) and by blowing it up to epic proportions (clickbait ftw right?) you are giving them exactly what they want to achieve: spreading fear among the F1 community, premier league community, dakar community etc.

So great job done in facilitating them :thumbsup:

So because you choose to run a tabloid filled with mainly speculations, wrong facts and outright lies we need to correct your stuff because you don't check your facts? No thanks.

We have been under attack for many years and never felt the need to public bring this as news as it isn't news. It is just an agency bullying the internet (in the mod case rightfully and in other cases unrightfully) and by blowing it up to epic proportions (clickbait ftw right?) you are giving them exactly what they want to achieve: spreading fear among the F1 community, premier league community, dakar community etc.

So great job done in facilitating them :thumbsup:

I did my best to check my facts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-30-10-49-34.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-30-10-49-34.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 507
  • Screenshot_2016-03-30-10-49-34.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-30-10-49-34.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 503
Just sell a vanilla game.
Give the mods for free.
Don't do skins.
Don't call them barrari, panoult, boxer cup...

This is stupid but...money makes the rules.

FOM is scared that a small company did a real simulation of their cars...that's how good Reiza is!

I did my best to check my facts.
And what answer did you receive on that request? Indeed: none. As it's none of your business. Just like other media who contacted us through the right channel (email and not a private profile on facebook). If we want to say something about it (which we don't as there is nothing to say) we can do that ourselves.

Go make screenshots of stuff that actually contributes to our little sim racing niche instead of trying to break it down and make it smaller as it is already.

And this is the last comment on this off topic stuff and I advise you to do the same.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back