Automobilista only shows a black screen and I have no idea how to solve it.

A while back, Automobilista broke for me and I have not been able to fix it since.
Since a video says more than some words, here is a youtube video showing the problem:
If for whatever reason the video does not show, here is a direct link.
If that still doesn't work, basically the first splash screen pops up, showing the game logo. After that things break. All I get is a black screen, whatever I do.

Things I've already tried, and didn't help (not in any particular order):
  • Reinstalled the game
  • Reinstalled Steam
  • Installed the Beta version of the game
  • Verify integrity of game files
  • Run game without DynHud
  • Run game in windowed mode
  • Run game as administrator
  • Disabled Steam overlay
  • Removed Automobilista folder from My Documents
  • Removed d3d9.dll
  • Disabled Oculus VR services
  • Reinstalled NVidia display drivers
  • Run game using Logitech G29 beta
  • Disable Dynamic Super Resolution
  • Disable Geforce Experience overlay
  • Disable Discord Overlay
  • Turned of antivirus
  • Shut down any program that may show an overlay (discord, GeForce Experience, NZXT CAM, etc)
  • Reinstalled Logitech Gaming Software
  • Installed an older version of Logitech Gaming Software
  • Run game from different types of hard drives (SSD/HDD)
  • Run the game in various compatibility modes (e.g. Windows 7, Windows 8)
My hardware
  • Windows 10
  • Intel i7 6700K
  • NVidia GTX 980 (G1 Gaming edition from Gigabyte)
  • 4x 4GB Kingston HyperX Fury RAM
  • Logitech G29
I've also run the game using -trace=2, which did not generate any log file. There are other log files in the directories, but most are empty or contain a single line except for the DynHud log file. The contents from this log file are posted below.
Code:
Process-ID: 32188
Windows version: 6.1.7601
Using parent d3d9.dll "D:\GameShield\AMS Steam\Src\d3d9_2.dll".
Game resolution: 1920x1080
Doing Handshake from D3D side...
    Successfully created a pointer to a PAGEFILE Memory Mapped File.
    Found outdated memory.
First part of Handshake successful.
Doing Handshake from Plugin side...
    Successfully created a pointer to a PAGEFILE Memory Mapped File.
    Found first part of handshake. Doing second part...
Second part of Handshake successful. Handshake complete.
Starting up DynHUD Plugin (D3D part)...
Doing a sanity check...
Sanity check passed.
Initializing DirectInput...
Successfully initialized DirectInput.
Using Java from folder "D:\GameShield\AMS Steam\Src\Plugins\DynHUD\Java".
    Loading msvcr100.dll... done.
    Loading jvm.dll... done.
Successfully loaded Java dlls.
Invoking Java VM...
JVM options:
    -Djava.library.path=D:\GameShield\AMS Steam\Src\Plugins;${system_property:java.library.path}
    -Djava.class.path=D:\GameShield\AMS Steam\Src\Plugins\DynHUD\dynhud.jar;D:\GameShield\AMS Steam\Src\Plugins\DynHUD\dynhud_gamedata.jar
    -Dworkdir=D:\GameShield\AMS Steam\Src\Plugins\DynHUD
    -Xms96m
    -Xmx96m
    -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=5
    -XX:+UseAdaptiveSizePolicy
    -Xincgc
    -Dsun.java2d.opengl=true
    -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false
    -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true
    JVM properties:
        java.vm.vendor = "Oracle Corporation"
        java.vm.name = "Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM"
        java.vm.version = "25.60-b23"
        java.runtime.version = "1.8.0_60-b27"
        java.awt.graphicsenv = "sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment"
Successfully invoked Java VM.
Retrieving Java objects and methods...
Initialized logging system with log level EXHAUSTIVE.
Creating DynHUD instance Version 1.5.0-Beta (build 130)...
    Detected game "AMS" (supported).
    Creating overlay texture interface for resolution 1920x1080... done.
Loading GameEventsPlugins...
    Found plugin "net.ctdp.rfdynhud.plugins.director.DirectorPlugin".
Found and initialized 1 plugin.
Loading custom fonts...
    Loaded and registered custom font "DS-Digital".
    Loaded and registered custom font "DS-Digital Bold".
    Loaded and registered custom font "DS-Digital Italic".
    Loaded and registered custom font "DS-Digital Bold Italic".
Couldn't register font "Gotham-Bold". It is already registered.
Couldn't register font "Gotham Book". It is already registered.
Couldn't register font "Gotham-Medium".
Successfully created DynHUD instance.
Initializing input bindings...
    Bound "Keyboard::," to "FuelWidget1::DecPitstopLapAction"
    Bound "Keyboard::," to "FuelWidget1::DecPitstopFuelAction"
    Bound "Keyboard::." to "FuelWidget1::IncPitstopLapAction"
    Bound "Keyboard::." to "FuelWidget1::IncPitstopFuelAction"
    Bound "Keyboard::B" to "BrakeTempsWidget::ToggleWidgetVisibility"
    Bound "Keyboard::D" to "GLOBAL::ResetLaptimesCache"
    Bound "Keyboard::E" to "GLOBAL::ToggleFixedViewedVehicle"
    Bound "Keyboard::F" to "GLOBAL::ResetFuelConsumption"
    Bound "Keyboard::H" to "GLOBAL::TogglePlugin"
    Bound "Keyboard::M" to "MapWidget1::ToggleWidgetVisibility"
    Bound "Keyboard::S" to "GLOBAL::ResetTopSpeeds"
    Bound "Logitech G25 Racing Wheel USB::Botão 0" to "GLOBAL::IncBoost"
    Bound "Logitech G25 Racing Wheel USB::Botão 17" to "GLOBAL::TempBoost"
    Bound "Logitech G25 Racing Wheel USB::Botão 18" to "StandingsWidget1::CycleStandingsViewAction"
    Bound "Logitech G25 Racing Wheel USB::Botão 3" to "GLOBAL::DecBoost"
Finished initialization of input bindings.
Successfully retrieved Java objects and methods.
Starting up DynHUD Plugin (telemetry part)...
Successfully started up DynHUD Plugin.
Shutting down DynHUD Plugin...
Successfully shut down DynHUD Plugin.
Disposing DirectInput...
    Disposing Keyboard... Successfully disposed Keyboard.
    Disposing Joysticks... Successfully disposed Joysticks.
    Disposing DirectInput... Successfully disposed DirectInput.
Successfully disposed DirectInput.
Destroying Java VM...
Successfully destroyed Java VM.

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this, or seen something similar?

Thanks in advance for any help given.

@Alex Sawczuk I have this problem too, but I have found that it's caused by my keyboard :O_o: I recently got a Corsair K55 gaming keyboard, and after I plugged that in Automobilista stopped responding-I just got a black screen when I tried to start it up.

If I unplug the keyboard the game will start, then I can plug the keyboard back in.

The keyboard is fine to use while racing, but I need to unplug it again when I quit the race before the main interface will work again.

I hope this helps track down the issue, as it's an annoying bug. Who would have thought a keyboard could cause this? USB drivers FTW! :cautious:

@Alex Sawczuk I have this problem too, but I have found that it's caused by my keyboard :O_o: I recently got a Corsair K55 gaming keyboard, and after I plugged that in Automobilista stopped responding-I just got a black screen when I tried to start it up.

If I unplug the keyboard the game will start, then I can plug the keyboard back in.

The keyboard is fine to use while racing, but I need to unplug it again when I quit the race before the main interface will work again.

I hope this helps track down the issue, as it's an annoying bug. Who would have thought a keyboard could cause this? USB drivers FTW! :cautious:

Don´t tell me this! I have the same keyboard and the same problem!!!!! Will try it!

Ok guys,

I accidentaly found out that my driving wheel is causing a game crash as soon as I click on the next button to go to the track, when my driving wheel (Thrustmaster T300) is not connected, everything runs smoothly. :( Does anybody have any idea how to solve it?

Ok guys,

I accidentaly found out that my driving wheel is causing a game crash as soon as I click on the next button to go to the track, when my driving wheel (Thrustmaster T300) is not connected, everything runs smoothly. :( Does anybody have any idea how to solve it?

Ok guys I solved the problem!

But it does not mean that´s the final solution, even because it´s a bug so it´s up to Reiza.

Answering berheavedtripod8 question: Yes I have updated driving wheel drivers, but that didn´t work also.

Since my problem was related to driving wheel and following some suggestions that I saw here in this topic, I decided to start the race with the T300 unpluged, after being able to race few minutes with the keyboard I got back to the controls menu yet under the racing session, plugged the T300 in and set this up again refreshing the game inside controls menu to find the driving wheel. After that process, I got back to the race, but this time I was able to use the T300

Now everytime I log into the game again, I´m able to race normally with no more problems, and I don´t need to do the same process everytime. :)

I hope you guys are also able to do the same with other devices.

WOW I just got the exact same keyboard and now I have the exact same problem. I am lucky I happened to find the correct thread where you guys noted the issue.
A possible solution: When I first installed the new keyboard I did not install the Corsair iCUE software and AMS seemed to not be negatively affected. It was a day later I installed and looking back I now realize that is about when the black screen issues started. Since reading this thread and learning the keyboard is the issue, I uninstalled the software and now my game seems to work fine.

WOW I just got the exact same keyboard and now I have the exact same problem. I am lucky I happened to find the correct thread where you guys noted the issue.
A possible solution: When I first installed the new keyboard I did not install the Corsair iCUE software and AMS seemed to not be negatively affected. It was a day later I installed and looking back I now realize that is about when the black screen issues started. Since reading this thread and learning the keyboard is the issue, I uninstalled the software and now my game seems to work fine.

But did you manage to keep the sexy lighting?

Ohh for sure. Yon can control the keyboard lighting with the FN key anyway. It is actually much faster to change vs the software. ;)
upload_2019-1-5_7-49-21.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-5_7-48-48.png
    upload_2019-1-5_7-48-48.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 136
I've been having this issue ever since getting a new monitor and running in extended mode in Win 10! The new monitor is 1 (DP)and the TV(HDMI) is 2 but if i disconnected the HDMI cable from GPU I get AMS to run again on DP only, it's good as I only want to run AMS on the monitor but it's a pain to have to disconnect and reconnect the HDMI whenever I want to play AMS or ba k to the big screen!
By the way, AMS is just so fantastic and I'm totally stoked I sold my Rift and thats what got me to get the new monitor and get back i to AMS

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back