Automobilista only shows a black screen and I have no idea how to solve it.

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by berheavedtripod8, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium

Ratings:
    +1,005
    @Alex Sawczuk I have this problem too, but I have found that it's caused by my keyboard :O_o: I recently got a Corsair K55 gaming keyboard, and after I plugged that in Automobilista stopped responding-I just got a black screen when I tried to start it up.

If I unplug the keyboard the game will start, then I can plug the keyboard back in.

The keyboard is fine to use while racing, but I need to unplug it again when I quit the race before the main interface will work again.

I hope this helps track down the issue, as it's an annoying bug. Who would have thought a keyboard could cause this? USB drivers FTW! :cautious:

2. pabletux

pabletux
    Premium

Ratings:
    +33
    Don´t tell me this! I have the same keyboard and the same problem!!!!! Will try it!

3. rafaelscard

rafaelscard

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok guys,

I accidentaly found out that my driving wheel is causing a game crash as soon as I click on the next button to go to the track, when my driving wheel (Thrustmaster T300) is not connected, everything runs smoothly. :( Does anybody have any idea how to solve it?

4. berheavedtripod8

berheavedtripod8
    Premium

Ratings:
    +0
    @rafaelscard Have you tried updating your wheel drivers?

5. Fatalist88

Fatalist88
    Premium

Ratings:
    +45
    I for one had an issue with my K95 keyboard - plugged in = black screen. Unplug it = good to go!

Very odd.

6. rafaelscard

rafaelscard

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok guys I solved the problem!

But it does not mean that´s the final solution, even because it´s a bug so it´s up to Reiza.

Answering berheavedtripod8 question: Yes I have updated driving wheel drivers, but that didn´t work also.

Since my problem was related to driving wheel and following some suggestions that I saw here in this topic, I decided to start the race with the T300 unpluged, after being able to race few minutes with the keyboard I got back to the controls menu yet under the racing session, plugged the T300 in and set this up again refreshing the game inside controls menu to find the driving wheel. After that process, I got back to the race, but this time I was able to use the T300

Now everytime I log into the game again, I´m able to race normally with no more problems, and I don´t need to do the same process everytime. :)

I hope you guys are also able to do the same with other devices.

7. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo

Ratings:
    +319
    WOW I just got the exact same keyboard and now I have the exact same problem. I am lucky I happened to find the correct thread where you guys noted the issue.
    A possible solution: When I first installed the new keyboard I did not install the Corsair iCUE software and AMS seemed to not be negatively affected. It was a day later I installed and looking back I now realize that is about when the black screen issues started. Since reading this thread and learning the keyboard is the issue, I uninstalled the software and now my game seems to work fine.

8. Fatalist88

Fatalist88
    Premium

Ratings:
    +45
    But did you manage to keep the sexy lighting?

9. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo

Ratings:
    +319
    Ohh for sure. Yon can control the keyboard lighting with the FN key anyway. It is actually much faster to change vs the software. ;)
    upload_2019-1-5_7-49-21.png

Attached Files:

• Love Love x 1
  10. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo

Ratings:
    +319
    That workaround does not seem to work any longer. I inquired about this issue in the Reiza 51 forum.

11. 2stains

2stains

Ratings:
    +124
    I've been having this issue ever since getting a new monitor and running in extended mode in Win 10! The new monitor is 1 (DP)and the TV(HDMI) is 2 but if i disconnected the HDMI cable from GPU I get AMS to run again on DP only, it's good as I only want to run AMS on the monitor but it's a pain to have to disconnect and reconnect the HDMI whenever I want to play AMS or ba k to the big screen!
    By the way, AMS is just so fantastic and I'm totally stoked I sold my Rift and thats what got me to get the new monitor and get back i to AMS

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.