Automobilista: New Update and Puma Pack Content Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS Puma 6.jpg

Reiza Studios have been busy indeed - releasing a brand new update to the venerable simulation and showing off impressive previews of some interesting new content.

With updates for the Automobilista racing title thought to have reached its conclusion earlier this year, Brazilian development team Reiza Studios still have a few welcome surprises up their sleeves for fans of this fabulous sim, very recently having deployed an unexpected bonus update alongside confirmation that some interesting new content is set to arrive before the start of the festive holidays...

Addressing the new update first, Reiza deployed a new build to AMS on Friday 14th December, moving the sim to build version 1.5.13 and adding a number of small but important changes to the software. Of these changes, some of the more notable additions include 2018 spec revisions to the Imola circuit, a new additional layout for the Goiania track, and various improvements to the drift element of the game. You can check out the full update notes below -

• Fixed UI bug that could allow reset tire sets / track progression / tire wear / fuel wear mid session
  • Fixed AI not going out of garage when tire sets UI option is set to "Default"
  • Corrected conflicting IDs in Drift tracks
  • Made windowed mode default to borderless
  • Added various fixes to drift score calculation
  • Added multiple race setting to Dedi Toll
  • "Look for XInput devices" is now defaulted to off to avoid long loading times (will reset for all users to default)
  • Fixed bug where running multiplayer in spectator mode would cause single player to default to TV trackside camera
  • Further tweaks to default settings in dedicated server (Max Data Client minimum 128 kbps)
  • Added new Extreme SimRacing branding to tracks and various car skins
  • Goiania: Added external ring layout
  • Imola: Updated to 2018 modifications & added night time lighting
  • MCR: Added headlights and brakelights for night time racing

GENERAL NOTES:

Logitech G29 / G920 users: Support for auto rotation is on a dedicated Beta Branch labeled LogitechG29. Further instructions as to how to switch to a beta branch here.

If you experience any issues running the game following the update, it´s worth running a Steam Integrity Check to make sure all files have been added / updated correctly.

As well as releasing this little bonus build prior to the weekend, Reiza have also given a bit more insight into the upcoming new pieces of content set to hit the simulation later this month. Featuring the lesser known Puma brand, Reiza Studios are planning to bring both modern and historic content to AMS in the form of the Puma Pack release, new previews of which can be seen below:

AMS Puma 2.jpg
AMS Puma 5.jpg

AMS Puma 1.jpg AMS Puma 3.jpg AMS Puma 4.jpg AMS Puma 1.jpg

Featured images are from the Puma GTB & P052. The upcoming pack will also include the modern Lumimari sports car and the classic GTE, with both P052 & Lumimari to be added as free base game content, while the GTB & GTE will be added as part of the Brazilian TC Classics DLC.

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing game from Reiza Studios, and can be purchased from the Steam network.

If you enjoy Automobilista then take your experience to the next level with RaceDepartment! Join in our brilliant online Racing Club to take part in organised online race events, or head over to the Automobilista Modding Forum to have a look through our community made content, or if this isn't enough to keep you occupied, check out the general AMS sub forum and involve yourself in our wonderful sim racing community.

Like what RaceDepartment is all about? Never want to miss out on the action? Fear not, just subscribe to our various social media accounts and stay up to date with all the latest happenings!

If going for screen, get a 144hz one. The difference in smoothness and input reactions is huge, and its another aspect of feeling "there" that people used to overlook till lately.

If going for screen, get a 144hz one. The difference in smoothness and input reactions is huge, and its another aspect of feeling "there" that people used to overlook till lately.

I'm playing in fullhd 120hz on an 4k TV. 120hz vs 60hz ist like night and day. Way faster reaction times, less input lag, less motion blur from the LCD.

After some months at 120hz, I'm getting motion sickness at 60hz. No joke.

Really looking forward to the new content. No doubt they won't scratch the itch of the GT3 crowd, but AMS has a particular knack (actually Reiza are the best at it) of bringing low powered road cars to life for some pretty thrilling racing, the Mini's being a case in point.

Maybe I need to buy a monitor to line up with my dedicated VR rig so I can fire up AMS again! I'm not sure if I can drive in 2D anymore but this makes me very tempted to try.

I'm not sure if Automobilista is a supported title, but TrackIR can breathe new life into 2D pancake sims, at least it has for me.

I used to be a No VR = No Buy type of person, but since recently discovering this bit of old technology ;) I've been able to go back and actually enjoy 2D sims when they either don't support VR or I just feel like having the eye candy which is sometimes sacrificed in order to have a smooth VR experience.

When set up properly, TrackIR can put back into 2D gaming what is sometimes missing for those who have been spoiled by that "in the car" feeling that VR brings.
With TrackIR, being able to naturally look around in the car, at the outside & interior mirrors, and into the apexes has completely changed how I view pancake gaming when it's supported.

It's a great fall back, or even first choice for racing/flight sims if VR is not an option.

even 90 or 120 feels super smooth compared to 59/60 ... 144 must be different world
Well, surprisingly not so tbh.
I use to cap few sims like Kartkraft, at 120 fps/hz because the higher fps are just generating the heat in the videocard, and not that much noticeable.
But well, I still have a 144hz monitor, so maybe even 120hz on it is better, due to the faster response of the monitor.

I'm not sure if Automobilista is a supported title, but TrackIR can breathe new life into 2D pancake sims, at least it has for me.
It is supported title. Has also nice feature, where if you take TrackClip off from your head, the game understands TrackIR is no longer used, and the view doesn't get stuck in some stupid angle like in many games, but centers for normal driving. If you put it back on, it works again etc.

Well, surprisingly not so tbh.
I use to cap few sims like Kartkraft, at 120 fps/hz because the higher fps are just generating the heat in the videocard, and not that much noticeable.
But well, I still have a 144hz monitor, so maybe even 120hz on it is better, due to the faster response of the monitor.
to me it was very noticable, eventhough I was trying to convince myself it is not and that I dont need new monitor :) .. now I kept only single 60Hz Eizo I need for work and I dont want another screen just for gaming ..

What's with the Extreme SimRacing branding all over the place ?
Apart that Londrina is pretty close to Maringa, what gives ? Did they purchase Reiza ? :confused:

Not sure about the exact connection but they have always supported each other.
I bought my first Stockcar disc at a Extreme SimRacing event/ show in a local mall years ago.
Also got a Extreme SimRacing XT Cockpit and there was some Reiza adverting in the shipping box.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 280 13.5%