Automobilista: New Tracks Coming - New Game Annoucement "Soon"

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza New Game Preview.jpg

Reiza Studios have some exciting news to share...

Somehow the little Brazilian development studio have managed to announce even more awesomeness in their latest roadmap release - confirming that the surprise (and epic) addition of Donington Park and Snetterton for Automobilista in the near future, some updates and additional content for the recent rFactor 2 'Reiza Pack' DLC and... confirming an announcement about the next racing title is very close indeed...

Hello everyone!

Time to break radio silence again to bring you some fresh news about what´s happening with Reiza and our projects over recent weeks and for the foreseeable future.

Reiza rFactor 2 Bundle - May Update
As previously announced, we´ve continued development of the rF2 content this month focusing primarily on development of the two additional Imola versions - the 1988 and 2001 layouts, which will be added free of charge to all who bought the Imola track or any pack that included it.

Below a couple of WIP previews - now the rF2 Mclarens will have some era-accurate official tracks to stretch their legs on..

AMS Imola 1.jpg
AMS Imola 2.jpg

There´s also been some work done elsewhere in the pack with further polishing and sorting a few remaining issues - more notably we have added the missing wet tire compound for the MCR S2000 and we are working on adding the turbo model to the Metalmoro cars that feature it.

With the possible exception of the turbos, these updates are due for release later next week.

Automobilista Final Update & DLC
Unfortunately are still struggling a bit to get this one worked out. Without going too far into licensing specifics, here´s a brief breakdown of where things stand at the moment:

Although we have for a while now held a licensing deal for some new cars for our next sim and already have them modelled and in-game, we jumped the gun with regards to extending their license agreement to Automobilista - despite continuing attempts we still haven´t quite managed to make the numbers work and it´s looking unlikely we will manage to, which may force us to pull the plug on releasing this particular pack in Automobilista.

If that scenario pans out however we have put together a good alternative - we are extending our licensing agreement with Motorsport Vision to include Donington Park and Snetterton, and in this one we would be able to release both tracks for Automobilista as part of the AMS Season Pack with no extra charge for those who already own that.

Development for both Donington and Snetterton is already in progress, and we should have them both ready by late July.

I understand such changes are never a good thing specially for something that was announced so long ago, hopefully most users agree this alternative is good value too.

Either way we are set on releasing one last set of premium content for Automobilista along with some minor bug fixing before the end of July.

There is one more thing...
Naturally most of you will be checking this more interested in hearing news about our much anticipated and long overdue new title.... I´m aware we have pushed everyone´s patience to the limit there but good things do come for those who wait :)

After a long, gruelling and sometimes painful conception we´re finally getting ready to unveil our new baby. Stay tuned for an announcement to be made in the coming days on our Social Media pages, which you can access from the links on the top right of this forum.

Once this is out of the way we should certainly have a lot more to chat about again, so look forward to us resuming our monthly update tradition from next month onwards!

AMS fans rejoice! We have a dedicated Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and it has plenty to offer you so head on over! You want mods, we have mods! You want racing events, then come sign up! You want news? You got news! You want free money? Me too, let me know where you find it..

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

My only real dislike abut rF2 is the annoying packaging/unpackaging system. It is a real pain just to do straightforward things like change AI names/abilities or make adjustments to AI lines for offline racing. I end up not bothering and go to Assetto Corsa instead.

But as for the Reiza news, whatever engine they use, I look forward to it being the best sim since AMS :)

In an utopian world, I drive in a sim that has a good AI that know blue flag and go easy on exit lap and in a practice session.

This sim is also a piece of software that doesn't need nerdish users, with a clean UI, and without a complicated way to create AI drivers for offline championships.

This sim gives the possibility to have a fixed sets of tires for a weekend, and consequences for the incidents occured during the weekend

I'm hoping AMS2 will got at least a good blue flag AI interaction.

i love studio397, kunos, codies and reiza guys but, hey, have you ever look the miracle that reizas did with gmotor of 2007???? figure out what they could do with a more performing motor. I've got an uprising hype on this news. Come on guys, do an AMS2 announcement for the simracing history!:thumbsup:

People complain about a lot of things with RF2 but physics is not usually one of them. In fact, it is normally seen as a real strength. What is your concern?
I don't see the rF2 physics engine as too much of a disadvantage, but as you ask: CPU-heavy, too complicated, not anywhere near being optimized.
Don't get me wrong, rF2 has a good physics engine imo. It's just that Reiza would spend so much longer optimizing it (something S397 has miserably failed at ever since) then actually developing the game that they'd end up in the same state as S397.
However, I believe that Reiza already have their own top-notch physics engine, they don't need to start all over with a new one.

i love studio397, kunos, codies and reiza guys but, hey, have you ever look the miracle that reizas did with gmotor of 2007????

Way back in 2006, just one year after ISI released ISIMotor2 to the world, GTR2 came out with dynamic track, weather, in-race saves, animated driver hands, track marshalls and pitcrew, a driving school, and hotlap features such as ghost car and dynamic racing line.

There is no doubt Reiza have done a good job of developing ISIMotor2, but compared to GTR2 Reizas developments 10 years on aren't quite such a miracle IMO.

Still, I am looking forward to Donington Park (also in GTR2 of course) and to finally finding out which engine they have opted for for AMS2.

Way back in 2006, just one year after ISI released ISIMotor2 to the world, GTR2 came out with dynamic track, weather, in-race saves, animated driver hands, track marshalls and pitcrew, a driving school, and hotlap features such as ghost car and dynamic racing line.

There is no doubt Reiza have done a good job of developing ISIMotor2, but compared to GTR2 Reizas developments 10 years on aren't quite such a miracle IMO.

Still, I am looking forward to Donington Park (also in GTR2 of course) and to finally finding out which engine they have opted for for AMS2.
And GTR2 did that with a pre rfactor version, wasn't it?
It's such a shame after titles like GTR2 and GP4 when a sim add a basic pit crew they make a huge deal out of it like it's the most impressive thing ever lol
Also the rain in GTR2 feels way more real than rF2

Yeah, hopefully Reiza's new title has more substance. Nothing wrong with the barebones high quality driving simulator, but a more engaging interface and a sense of a racing atmosphere would be great to see and would surely help attract players from the mainstream too.

This is also the perfect illustration of why rF2 engine is not needed.

ISI took rF and enhanced it significantly for rF2. Graphics...not such an impressive result compared to what else has come out, but still good improvements over rF. Physics--fidelity increased nicely and new tire models...that have not been developed or applied consistently and have affected FFB negatively in a number of car mods.

GTR 2 did a bunch of things that no one else using the ISI base bothered to for a long time...and still haven't.

Reiza took rF in a slightly different direction. Increased physics fidelity almost the same as rF2, worked on a bunch of issues that actually matter to sim racers and exceeded rF2 in several areas, but stuck with the old rF graphics enhanced a bit. Sound improved beyond rF2.

Basically, AMS is rF 1.8 or 1.9 and rF2 is ...wait for it ... rF 2.0 :)

I would much rather have AMS 2 continue on the somewhat parallel development path than revert to rF2 as it stands now because it is a dog's breakfast of inconsistency and over-reach (much as iRacing has confounded themselves over the years with tire models too complex for even themselves to understand and implement in an organized, consistent, polished manner).

With a new graphics engine bolted on, which allows for weather and loose surface effects that are worth bothering to update the corresponding tracks and vehicles (physics and graphics) to accommodate, I'd rather keep the superior other features we already have in AMS because I'd rather have something implemented at 9/10 consistently and in a polished manner than 10/10 chaotically. Example: One or two cars in rF2 are absolutely sublime and prove the excellence possible in that sim. They are undoubtedly slightly better than the best car in AMS. But then I have 48 other cars in rF2 that rate anywhere from 8/10 to 2/10. With AMS, I have 50 cars that are all 9/10. Just my preference, but I prefer the 9/10.

And the best part is that when Reiza figures out some new feature like proper drive train modelling, it gets retroactively applied to all cars, not just the ones released or updated subsequent to the update. Yes, the model is a bit of a work-around in some ways and is far from perfect or fully accurate, but I have a working and appropriate to the vehicle drive train model on every Reiza car in AMS. I'm still waiting for a clutch that works properly on any car in rF2 and, by the way, the Reiza pack rF2 cars like the MR-18 and MCR S2000 do not even have properly functioning no-lift-to-shift sequential transmissions as they have for a long time in AMS.

I'd like to fantasize that Reiza could step in and somehow do the vast amount of work that ISI and S397 have each failed to do over a span of 7 years. But I am not stupid enough to think that Reiza has those amounts or types of resources, or that ISI and S397 are a bunch of lazy people. There are reasons rF2 is so wobbly and it can't be easily rectified--or it would have happened already long ago.

And just to give equal time, we may find the the same may be true of ACC. UE4 may turn out to be an unresolvable mess for Kunos, at least for those of us who value clean and crisp graphics suitable for racing sims. UE4 is outstanding for some types of games. Yet to be seen whether it can be adapted to a racing sim successfully and actually have higher performance than the bad-old rF2 we all like to grumble about. So far, at equal levels of visual quality, they run at about the same FPS on my rig. But UE4 will be fine for consoles and eventually those interested in low-res VR experiences.

Without taking anything away from GTR2 which was a brilliantly well-rounded, landmark sim of what was a great, diverse series... But AMS features about 4 times more unique venues and cars ranging from karts to trucks, all done to more sophisticated modern production standards. This is not to say this or that offered greater value, that will depend on personal preferences.. Pretty much any product is a set of design choices, and these are often market-driven - racing sims are no different :)

The trend now seems to be for a push towards more gameplay-oriented features, but unless you´re doing a F1 game I don´t think you can go back to focusing on a single racing series without considerably limiting your reach. The goal then has to be adding more features without limiting content, and that´s what we´re going for.

Without taking anything away from GTR2 which was a brilliantly well-rounded, landmark sim of what was a great, diverse series... But AMS features about 4 times more unique venues and cars ranging from karts to trucks, all done to more sophisticated modern production standards. This is not to say this or that offered greater value, that will depend on personal preferences.. Pretty much any product is a set of design choices, and these are often market-driven - racing sims are no different :)

The trend now seems to be for a push towards more gameplay-oriented features, but unless you´re doing a F1 game I don´t think you can go back to focusing on a single racing series without considerably limiting your reach. The goal then has to be adding more features without limiting content, and that´s what we´re going for.
ljBJLfz.png

No disrespect intended, but you're supposed to be attending to a big announcement right now, not hanging out in here ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 132 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 140 13.9%