Automobilista New Content Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Automobilista Membership Packages.jpg

Brazilian development team Reiza Studios have announced a new membership scheme and details of upcoming DLC content for new PC racing title Automobilista.

The natural successor to fan favourite Stock Car Extreme, Automobilista achieved Steam Early Access release to much community praise back in February and has already made a positive impression with many improvements over its earlier incarnations under the SCE title.

Featuring improved graphics and enhanced force feedback effects with a whole host of new content and many under the hood enhancements courtesy of the fully licensed ISI developed gmotor engine, Automobilista Early Access is aimed to be the first step towards Reiza breaking through to the next level of sim racing for the studio.

Following a successful indiegogo crowdfunding campaign Reiza released a detailed roadmap of content and game enhancements users of the title could expect throughout 2016. With a high majority of these items delivered already or are well on the way to hitting the game, Reiza have now announced that due to community demand they are opening up the opportunity to buy into a Reiza Membership package and gain access to both retail and beta version of AMS, access to backers only Reiza 51 development forum and access to all upcoming DLC packages with a potential of 40-50% saving on the full retail price of the DLC.

Members of any level who backed the Indiegogo campaign will automatically get the Reiza Membership All Inclusive package at no additional cost (access to Reiza 51 & AMS Beta along with all upcoming AMS DLC releases).

Ranging from US$ 2.99 to US$ 4.99 and aiming to contain either a completely new series or venue for the game, Reiza plan to bring between 10-12 DLC items released over the remainder of 2016 at the rate of approximately 1 DLC pack per month.

Renato Simioni of Reiza Studios had the following to say following the official announcement on the Reiza Studios Forum:

"We do have intention to do a couple more items beyond what´s listed as the announcement suggests, but obviously this list along with what had already been announced in the roadmap already gives us plenty of work for the whole year (and the goal is very much to wrap and deliver everything during 2016).

To some extent it will depend on what people want and how much they want it - again as the announcement says, in this regard the more people buy into the membership packages, the more they can show us there is demand for extra content, the more they can participate into deciding which type of content it should be, and the faster we can deliver it."

With an impressive line up of proposed new content, some items still to be implemented into the title from the original Indiegogo campaign and a strong base already making up AMS this new DLC and Membership announcement yet again pushes the very small Brazilian team closer still to producing a classic sim racing title for virtual racers across the world to enjoy.

Details of the 2 new membership packages can be found below:

Reiza Membership ALL INCLUSIVE Package.png

Reiza Membership ALL INCLUSIVE Upgrade Package.png

While not all deals have been fully closed, Reiza are in "advanced negotiations" to deliver the following DLC packs:
  • Imola/ITALY (historical & modern variants)
  • Oulton Park/UK
  • Cadwell Park/UK
  • Brands Hatch/UK
  • Hockenheim/GERMANY (historical & modern variants)
  • Hillclimb rally stage (Pikes Peak based) /US
  • Ultima GTR
  • Truck Racing - based on contents from Formula Truck 2013 (free for those who F-Truck 2013)
  • Aussie Racing Car
  • Divisão 3 (Historical Brazilian touring car series)
  • Group B Rally car
As mentioned by Renato Simioni more DLC content could be included as we go through the year and the success of the Reiza Membership scheme could influence additional content and faster release of proposed items to all who have bought in to the title.

Reiza Membership packs can be purchased here (all prices subject to change without notice).

Don't forget to check out Reiza Studios forum right here on RaceDepartment for all the latest news / discussions / mods and of course our superb Racing Club with the largest online grids in the community.

Will you be upgrading to one of the Reiza Membership packages when available? If you are eligible for the free DLC what are you looking forward to most? If you don't plan on becoming a member, will you be picking up some DLC along the way? What do you think of this new strategy by Reiza for AMS going forwards? So many questions! Discuss in the comments section below!

I guess it doesn't really surprise me to see the same few people coming in and crapping all over a game with facts/opinions completely irrelevant to the topic because they do it with every news thread.

Back on topic, I assume that this will behave in the same way the original release of Automobilista did and automatically be added to my steam account since I backed them?

Yep, all indiegogo backers will receive the DLCs automatically. ;)
And whoever buys the Membership Package will basically become the same level as backers, with all the Beta and development forum access, voting rights for content and the DLCs.

:):):)

I'm pretty sure you pay for the upgrade and you get all the dlc

@Kevin Knorpp

Paul's post above is correct.

The Membership package (along with other things detailed in the OP) gives you all DLC once released. The 40-50% discount refers to the price of the membership being 40-50% cheaper than the cost of the DLC if you bought each item individually.

So you get DLC, Beta, Reiza 51 and all the associated advantages and it costs nearly half the price of if you picked up the DLC alone... bargain!!!!

I do not clarify me with two options exist. I want to pay for all the DLCs that are extracting. But already tested. I do not want to be beta tester.

What would be my choice? 19.99€?

I do not clarify me with two options exist. I want to pay for all the DLCs that are extracting. But already tested. I do not want to be beta tester.

What would be my choice? 19.99€?
It's really not that hard, but let's go again:
Do you already have AMS ?
If yes:
a) Do you know already that you want to pay for all the content that will be released in 2016 ?
-> If so, go for the 19,90 option.
b) You don't fell confortable with the content or not all things please you:
-> Wait for each DLC to be release and buy only the one you want.

Don't have AMS yet and want to have everything from the game?
-> Go for the 49,90 option.

If yes:
a) Do you know already that you want to pay for all the content that will be released in 2016 ?

Ohhhh thank you ;). All cleared. My choice is A.
If I have AMS, I'm delighted.

@Will Mazeo well, I did go on the recod saying that PRC is a bit like kotaku of simracing, so it wouldn't surprise me. ;) but that was one solid burn @Renato Simioni :roflmao:
shows that the smarter people don't bother buying another rfactor 1, its so unpopular they might as well discontinue it and join up with Kunos or something.

As someone who has a 98% chance of being smarter then you ( :p ), I can easily say that a) I bought it and b) It's totally not another Rfactor 1. AMS is encroaching upon rFactor 2 territory physics-wise.

TBH I was sceptical hearing about AMS and the "revolution" that could bring to us, simracers.
As member of a racing team, we were (since begin of alpha phase) playing Pcars and getting championships and opens done on this game. Before that we were playing intensively GTR2 on a overmodded version and that was extase.
We had really huge hopes with Pcars as we followed closely the alpha developments and at some times the game felt quite well for team racing. But after one year of efforts, waiting for SMS to give us patches and enhancements for its game, we're still experiencing big issues while racing online all together. Dedicated does not work as we intend, players gets disconnected (I know what I'm talking about, I could only finish 2 races on 8 because of game crashed), FFB feeling changing on its own... and many more!

And we discovered AMS. Reiza well known because of GSC & GSCE, Copa Petrobras de Marcas among others, this title has really changed our mind.
For sure it's really disturbing going from a really beautiful game to AMS, but you know what, game feels so great that this parameter is totally omitted. After 5-6 laps you completely forget about the graphic aspect of the title and you focus on what you feel. And the feeling gives you a smile where other titles attempts hardly to get you right.

That said, AMS is maybe not a AAA game, but it has all what us, simracers, want! Reiza plans for DLC is maybe too much and looks like they are trying to copy what other studios plans but I think it totally worth it. DLC is maybe not the think I like much but it ensures the title development will be continued and will give funds to the studio for the future. With AMS and all the quality already released I'm pretty sure that the studio target is not "only" to get money from the customer but also to give us what we pay for.

I feel I owe it to Reiza to say something here. I wasn't expecting anything better than AC for a while (having given up on PCars long ago after 20+ hours trying to make FFB work for me, and being further discouraged by their obnoxious support), but AMS made me reconsider and has displaced AC in my preference. What a great game! True, it doesn't look as pretty as PCars or AC (although it comes fairly close), but it feels real - fantastic FFB, excellent AI, all the features one could expect. You can almost smell the rubber smoke on the track. And, although it doesn't offer gorgeous sunsets, it runs flawlessly at 120 fps in my midrange system. Sometimes I even forget it is still in beta stage.

But what is truly refreshing here is Reiza's attitude. They pay attention, they have excellent individual support, they are obviously trying to make a living out of it, but not interested in ripping you off. So yes, I will definitely buy this package and whatever else they care to offer. Great job, guys!

4339143+_216d1f42325867bc1346127b8becfb02.png
If yes:

Instead of pissing on each frontpage article all the time, why not sign up for a freemium account and show the world on a live streamed event how superior you are on track as well? :)

Go and accept the challenge, it might grow your reputation and maybe then people will take your comments seriously, as your trolling around here is getting annoying.
Trolling, do you know what it even means, Aris and Stefano said exactly the same thing, are you them? How come am I "pissing" on each article, aren't we supposed to stay mature?

No matter how highly i rate AMS and Reiza's community interaction, i can't suggest to anybody to pay upfront for something that you can't say anything about yet.
I advertise against pre-ordering.
I advertise against season passes.

Buy the content once it's released and other community members approved the quality and value.

That said:I'm happy that Trucks will make their way into AMS and that F-Truck owners will get that update for free as it should be and if i wouldn't have backed, i most likely would have considered getting the season pass myself :D
I didn't back the option to get all DLCs with Reiza17, but then again i follow my own rules - at least sometimes - and will see for myself if i even like Reiza17 before deciding on DLCs for it.

Before I take the dive for the season pass/membership I'd like to ask a question; I bought SCE before the "deadline" and got Automibilista free as a very pleasant surprise. I really value and appreciate that move. But I was completely out of the loop at the time when the crowdfunding campaign happened. I was wondering, what steps would I need to take to be eligible for "Reiza 17" considering I have missed the crowdfunding campaign. Or if that option is still available. I fully understand if it is not. Thanks.

As i did not back them in the indiegogo for some reason :thumbsdown: ...
I am happy to join in the membership now! The guys in development team deserve it for sure!

Im so stoked to test and race all the upcoming content :thumbsup:
Thanks!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back