AUTOMOBILISTA Motorsports Simulator is coming to Steam on Q1 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
AMS_LOGO.jpg

Successor of Stock Car Extreme, new racing simulator by Reiza Studios will be free to all current owners of SCE

AUTOMOBILISTA puts you in the driving seat of an advanced racing simulator to deliver a uniquely diverse motorsports experience!

As the natural successor to Reiza Studios´ previous title - the highly regarded Stock Car Extreme, originally released in 2013 - AUTOMOBILISTA continues to simulate premium Brazilian racing series such as Stock Car V8, Copa Petrobras de Marcas, Formula 3 Brasil and Mitsubishi Lancer Cup, now packing every car and every track from their respective 2015 championships.

Beyond the brazilian core, AUTOMOBILISTA is extensively complemented with one of the most diverse selections or racing vehicles to be found in a racing game: only in AUTOMOBILISTA will you be able to jump from a rental kart to a 800-HP F1 car; from drifting a Rallycross Evo X to jumping ramps in a Supertruck; from mastering the driving basics in a Formula Vee to managing a full 24h race in an endurance prototype; back and forth through time with historical and modern content including a sample from several decades of Grand Prix racing - all of this and much more within a few mouse clicks. Thoroughly researched and cohesively developed for maximum simulation accuracy, AUTOMOBILISTA captures the fun only motorsports in its various forms can provide.

In addition to the content already present in Stock Car Extreme - all of which comprehensively upgraded - AUTOMOBILISTA turns it up to a new level by adding all the new cars & tracks proposed in the SimRacing Bonanza crowdfunding campaign, new simulation features such as dynamic track conditions, advanced transmission and tire modelling, substantial upgrades to physics, graphics & audio, new game modes and much more!

SPECIAL OFFER - AUTOMOBILISTA free to everyone who owns Stock Car Extreme on Steam by January 5th!

AUTOMOBILISTA is an evolution of the project presented by Reiza´s successful crowdfunding campaign in July 2015. Originally proposed as an extensive free update to Stock Car Extreme, AMS has grown further to become a completely independent release from SCE - it will however remain free to everyone who bought Stock Car Extreme up until January 5th 2016.

Therefore if you already own SCE on Steam, AUTOMOBILISTA will become immediately available to you upon release!

SCE owners who have not yet activated their copy of Stock Car Extreme on Steam should do so before January 5th 2016 by retrieving their Stock Car Extreme Steam key here, and activating it on Steam. It is not necessary to install SCE on Steam - just have it activated there to ensure your free copy of AMS. This will have no effect on your SCE installation outside Steam, where serial numbers will remain functional (owners who had previously made the switch also have had their NonSteam Serial Numbers reactivated).

Upon launch, AUTOMOBILISTA will sell for US$ 39.99 so for those who don´t yet own Stock Car Extreme, this is a special opportunity to get both SCE now and simultaneously ensure a free copy of AUTOMOBILISTA - all for the current price of Stock Car Extreme (currently selling for the special Steam holiday price of US$ 22.49 / R$ 89.99). This special offer is available only until 5th January 2016, as from January 6th 2016 onwards buying Stock Car Extreme will no longer warrant a free copy of AUTOMOBILISTA.

AUTOMOBILISTA - Motorsports Simulator will be released exclusively on the Steam platform during Q1 2016.
Further information as it becomes available on www.game-automobilista.com

A few in-game screenies:

AMS_StockV8_Brasilia.jpg

AMS_F-V10_Kansai2.jpg

AMS_EvoX_Tykki2.jpg

AMS_F_Extreme-Inter2015.jpg

AMS_F-Vee_Brasilia.jpg

AMS_LancerR_VeloCitta.jpg

AMS_Supertruck_Montreal2.jpg

AMS_SuperV8_Kansai.jpg

AMS_Supertruck_Montreal.jpg

AMS_EvoX_Tykki.jpg

Last edited:
Well, for SCE owners this is pretty cool, but I'm not interested in something looking so outdated.
A shame that they're not making this in a modern engine.
Reiza2017 / AMS2 or whatever it will be called, is meant to be built on a newer DX12 engine.

R3E proves that a DX9 / ISI powered sim can look fantastic. Reiza have alluded to significant overhauls to the shaders and UI which should hopefully distance AMS from the slightly garish and low fi visuals of SCE.

The new sim looks stunning. As a rallycross fan, I absolutely was waiting for the motorsport to be added at some point (was expecting it to be in SCE, but was surprised that it would be part of any sort of new sim similar). I'm also like the Supertrucks as well plus a couple other series in the sim. However, I'm not too sure about how Automobilista would run in not so powerful PC rigs (I'm not running a powerful PC (unable to run Project Cars due to weak video card)). I understand a couple of members stated that the minimum/recommended requirements should most likely be similar to SCE (I have the specs to run SCE). But considering the upgraded graphics and the screenshots of the game I've seen, it looks like I would need a powerful PC (which I don't really have) to run the game.

Also, will there be multiplayer or online racing similar to SCE?

Thanks,
RoadRunner11

• Deleted member 130869

Well, for SCE owners this is pretty cool, but I'm not interested in something looking so outdated.
A shame that they're not making this in a modern engine.

I think as a placeholder until AMS2, this is fine with the reduction of the overly bright colors and their high contrast nature (a common gmotor2 "feature"). I am looking forward to the progress in the core mechanics of the game, an improved tire simulation and force feedback will be delightful.

I think as a placeholder until AMS2, this is fine with the reduction of the overly bright colors and their high contrast nature (a common gmotor2 "feature"). I am looking forward to the progress in the core mechanics of the game, an improved tire simulation and force feedback will be delightful.
Wait, Automobilista will still use the 10-year-old rFactor engine?

There's a reason why this 10 year old engine is still going strong - it delivers a great core physics and FFB experience and performs well even on modest hardware, although without the graphical fidelity of newer titles. Reiza have source level access to the engine now, so can make more fundamental changes to physics/FFB/etc rather than just bolting on plugins or injecting code.

As far as current gen ISI based sims go:

R3E delivers a fantastic audiovisual and core driving experience but is rather feature incomplete.
SCE is far more feature complete, also great to drive, but has an ugly low res UI and cartoonish visuals.
rF2 delivers a very feature complete and incredibly detailed simulation of car/tyres/track/weather/AI, but generally looks very drab. Its more advanced gMotor engine is also much tougher on computers.

With visual refinement and additional simulation and FFB work, AMS will hopefully fill the gap as a feature complete and audiovisually engaging title which doesn't melt CPUs and GPUs.

Really great news.

I bought SCE for only 18.75€ in steam sales, which is cheap but TBH i never really enjoyed the game. My eyes were bleed because of the outdated graphics and mostly because with the existence of rF2, there was no reason for me to play something that was way more outdated in physics/features area, despite the good FFB ( not as good as rF2 or AC) good sounds and unique content.

Now with this addiction, i believe that i would give more percentage of my free time on this game.

I am curious to know what the "as dynamic track conditions, advanced transmission and tire modelling, substantial upgrades to physics, graphics & audio, new game modes", actually means.

Dynamic track conditions as rF2?
Advanced transmission as rF2?
Tire modelling as rF2?
Physics?
Graphics/audio? Screens looks ok but i don't really expect miracles. If they manage rF2 graphics i will be more than happy.
Modes?

I am looking forward for this game though.
The bar is getting higher even more now that AC has improved so much with 1.4.X and there is also rF2 to fill the the missing features.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

Building one from the ground up would likely be chaotic and who knows how actually beneficial. Besides rF's g/pmotor2, what other engine could they license? netKar Pro? rF2 and Assetto are still in development. R3E is morphed from rF. iRacing... doubtful they'd license anything.

Maybe Unreal 4 would be an alternative but I have absolutely no clue to how well it can work, still waiting for the KartKraft demo to roll out. Besides, the team is heavily qualified and experienced with g/pmotor2 and AMS2 should have plenty of new developments layered over it.

Keeping 2 seperate versions up to date was a big time-sink, so with this move Reiza drops the non-steam version.

Regarding "10 year old engine":
Reiza licensed the gMotor2 engine and are in the process of turning it into a gMotor2.5 by adding features and improvements. Basically the same thing ISI does...

But ya, AMS is just GSCE with makeup.
The upcoming title is where DX12 features will strike (but will also lead to higher system requirements)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.6%