Automobilista: More Puma Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS Puma 5.jpg

Reiza Studios have revealed further preview images from the upcoming Puma P052, GTB & GTE models coming to Automobilista.

Puma Automóveis will join Automobilista in the very near future, expanding the impressive collection of cars yet further and bringing another new Brazilian manufacturer to a game that continues to impress several years after initial release.

Previewed in the latest image release is the P052, GTB & GTE models, a mix of old and new machinery from this little known brand, and cars that are sure to provide an exciting outlet for fans to continue to enjoy what is arguably one of the best racing simulations available at present.

AMS Puma 1.jpg
AMS Puma 2.jpg
AMS Puma 3.jpg
AMS Puma 4.jpg

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing game from Reiza Studios, and can be purchased from the Steam network.

If you enjoy Automobilista then take your experience to the next level with RaceDepartment! Join in our brilliant online Racing Club to take part in organised online race events, or head over to the Automobilista Modding Forum to have a look through our community made content, or if this isn't enough to keep you occupied, check out the general AMS sub forum and involve yourself in our wonderful sim racing community.

Like what RaceDepartment is all about? Never want to miss out on the action? Fear not, just subscribe to our various social media accounts and stay up to date with all the latest happenings!

This is literally the ONLY racing game that I bother with that doesn't have VR. Its a truly incredible piece of work that keeps me coming back for more, fingers crossed their next title is as moddable as SCE/AMS. Fantastic Devs as well, keep up the great work.

I have to say that I discovered some "obscure" tracks (for Europeans) in this game, and I'm very happy with it :)
Providing original and unique content is the good way to develop a solid racing title. AMS topics are the only ones where you don't find any angry or hate posts, even if there is no VR. Only support and love. Other sim developers should learn a lesson instead of copying each other...

These are available to drive in the Beta if people with the season pass wish to check them out. :)

Loving the cockpit view and the sounds.

I'm curious though: Watching this in 1080p60, the cockpit view shows a very lively and somewhat bumpy ride, yet the TV-cam view on the upper left shows the 3D model driving along with no visible play and motion in the suspension? I would expect the car body to look a lot more "alive" given the movements in the cockpit view?

Am I missing something? Why the difference? The cockpit view feels very immersive, but the TV-cam feels rather sterile? Is it just me or...?

Loving the cockpit view and the sounds.

I'm curious though: Watching this in 1080p60, the cockpit view shows a very lively and somewhat bumpy ride, yet the TV-cam view on the upper left shows the 3D model driving along with no visible play and motion in the suspension? I would expect the car body to look a lot more "alive" given the movements in the cockpit view?

Am I missing something? Why the difference? The cockpit view feels very immersive, but the TV-cam feels rather sterile? Is it just me or...?
A mix of few things:
first off, the replay mechanics in ISImotor is a bit simplified than mechanics of actual driving, but i think it's not exacly the case here.
The road mesh has some actual 3d noise, microbumps and variations, which are still noticeable from TV cams but due their subtleties they're more noticeable from the cockpit. And very much noticeable when driving.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.2%