Automobilista just crash

Hello, good evening, everyone. I have this problem with my game since I upgraded to version 1.20. The game crash out of nowhere. Maybe I could use it for an hour or just ten minutes, it just crash.

At the beginning the fault module name was the DINPUT8.dll. Change the Anti-Aliasing setting to "none" and now the problem is ntdll.dll

The strange thing is that I do not change anything in the graphical configuration of the game. I play in the same in-game configuration as I always played. I've updated Windows, as I read it might be a solution, but the problem is still there.

Any idea would be really welcome!

Thanks

Is anyone else having troubles with AMS v1.5 crashing?
I played the game for about 2 weeks and after adding the Cayman Cup mod it crashes when loading any race etc. I have done everything imaginable but I cannot fix it and I get no response from Reiza Studios.

Last of all I uninstalled and re downloaded it and it still won't run. Can anyone help??

The clue to your problem is in your original message. Sloppy mods can do very strange things and leave behind files and settings that wreak havoc.

If you have truly deleted absolutely everything and started afresh, then you have some other issue with your system because AMS has not been changed recently in any way that would result in you going from a working product to a not working one.

Start over--and make sure you follow every single step people have outlined above. Delete all traces of AMS in Documents and Programs folders. Do NOT use DynaHUD. Do NOT install ANY mods of any description. Run the configure widget and look carefully at what you are selecting. Depending on your wheel hardware, leave it unplugged and just use keyboard as a test to see if things will load. If you have a proper stock installation and it worked before, it will work again unless you have mucked around with some other settings on your PC in the interim.

Once working, you can add in controller and do all the tweaking to your configuration.

Only then even think about adding mods and when you do, add them one at a time, so you know which mod screws your system right away and you can get rid of it. After every mod install, you have to test the mod and the plain vanilla game (i.e., stock content) to ensure everything is still working.

Thanks Marc Collins for the response.

So now I have uninstalled the game through Steam, I have deleted the AMS folder under .../steamapps/common/.. and I have deleted the userdata folder for AMS in My documents. Is there anything else I should be deleting?

Also last time when I uninstalled and re-installed the game through Steam, the whole game downloaded again 25gig or so and it had the 3 mods I had added including the Cayman Cup mod which I removed before uninstalling. Is this because I didn't deleted the My Documents userdata folder?

If not do Steam have my version of the game and that is what they will give me if I re-install the game again?? When asking to remove all the file games they say that they keep my files and that is what they will use... or something to that effect. If that is the case I will have the same problem!!

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Marc Collins another question please. How do I know if a mod is good or if it will corrupt the game??

If your mods were still there after a complete reinstall, then you didn't delete everything, did you? ALL folders have to be deleted, not just userdata or some other sub-set that you decide. ALL. So in Documents, no trace of AMS whatsoever. In Steamapps, no trace of AMS whatsoever.

Any time you have a crash or can't load, etc., it is likely the result of the last mod you added. So get rid of it. If you are not adept with computers and mods and so forth (and sorry, but it seems to be the case), don't use mods in the first place.

Hi Marc Collins

Yes you are right I am new to all this, especially using mods. I have used mods in GTR2 and although I had some problems they were easily fixed and I never had to do a re-install.

Yes your right I didn't delete everything the first two times I re-installed but there was no one telling me I had to. I only found out from this and other forums which I had to resort to. I am also new to using forums. I guess I learnt the hard way. I just want some confidence that if I re-install the game will work.

Anyway thanks for the advice I really appreciate it. I have to wait till next month before I do anything as I don't have enough download data.

Hi Marc Collins

Yes you are right I am new to all this, especially using mods. I have used mods in GTR2 and although I had some problems they were easily fixed and I never had to do a re-install.

Yes your right I didn't delete everything the first two times I re-installed but there was no one telling me I had to. I only found out from this and other forums which I had to resort to. I am also new to using forums. I guess I learnt the hard way. I just want some confidence that if I re-install the game will work.

Anyway thanks for the advice I really appreciate it. I have to wait till next month before I do anything as I don't have enough download data.

Good luck. Just stick to adding one new mod at a time with testing in between and all will be good...after you make sure the basic game works before adding mods.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back