Automobilista is now available on Steam Early Access

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Automobilista Cars.jpg

AUTOMOBILISTA puts you in the driving seat of one of the most advanced racing simulators and delivers a uniquely diverse motorsports experience!

As the natural successor to Reiza Studios´ previous title - the highly regarded Stock Car Extreme, originally released in 2013 - AUTOMOBILISTA continues to simulate the premium Brazilian racing series such as Stock Car V8, Copa Petrobras de Marcas, Formula 3 Brasil and Mitsubishi Lancer Cup, now packing every car and every track from their respective 2015 championships.

Beyond the brazilian core, AUTOMOBILISTA is extensively complemented with one of the most diverse selections or racing vehicles you will find in a racing game: only in AUTOMOBILISTA will you be able to jump from a rental kart to a 800-HP F1 car; from drifting a Rallycross EvoX to jumping ramps in a Supertruck; from mastering the driving basics in a Formula Vee to managing a full 24h race in an endurance prototype; back and forth through historical and modern content featuring a sample of several decades of GP racing - all of this and much more within a few mouse clicks. Thoroughly researched and cohesively developed for maximum simulation accuracy, AUTOMOBILISTA captures the fun only motorsports in its various forms can provide.

In addition to the content already present in Stock Car Extreme - all of which comprehensively upgraded - AUTOMOBILISTA turns it up to a new level by adding all the new cars & tracks proposed in the SimRacing Bonanza crowdfunding campaign, new simulation features such as dynamic track conditions, advanced transmission and tire modelling, substantial upgrades to physics, graphics & audio, new game modes and much more!

Keep in mind the title is still an advanced beta and being released in Early Access - some bits and bobs still to add and improvements to be made. We´ll also be sharing more information as to how to get the best out of Automobilista as we progress through the week.

IMPORTANT EDIT:
Do not copy your player PLR, controller or config.ini from SCE or any previous title. Save yourself some trouble and start fully fresh.

Last edited:
@Renato Simioni
Any chance of having the flags as something bigger like this? DynHUD has this option but I can't get it working, it always appear the green flag when I click drive but does not appear anymore after that and the original one from the game is way too small to get my attention (not sure if others would agree)

Attachments

• GRAB_137.JPG
    GRAB_137.JPG
    253.6 KB · Views: 570
A new EARLY ACCESS build of AMS (v.0.8.6r) has been deployed now on Steam.

Below are the release notes & main changelog (please make sure to check for some important information regarding the new build):

V0.8.6r
  • Improved support for Windows User Account Control - now all user-generated files should be stored in MyDocs\Automobilista folder. Users with UAC on will be prompted to create a new profile (if you disable UAC or run as admin however it will still use game folder)
  • Added option to select PLAYER LEVEL after new profile creation (can be changed later from the difficulty menu) - CASUAL / ADVANCED / HARDCORE: depending on level selected, the default settings will be customized accordingly for various Difficulty / Controls / Display options
  • Several new UI improvements & adjustments + version number added to bottom right corner of main menu
  • Further adjusted tire scrub volume calculation, default settings & added Tire Volume Slider to the AUDIO menu
  • Some DynHUD improvements for better stability (& pedal cursors now optional from the editor)
  • Fixed bug with vehicle labels not working
  • Fixed bug with FFB level selection sometimes not sticking
  • Added a FFB Reset function whenever a session is (re)started (to try prevent issues with users occasionally losing FFB)
  • Implemented advanced transmission code for all cars with dog-type sequential boxes (Marcas, SuperV8, MR18, Lancer RS, Shifter and Superkart) now featuring ignition cut-off (AKA powershift) in upshifts; if engine / drivetrain RPM mismatch is too great, gear change is not accepted
  • Downshift protection also added to prevent engine over-revving in semi-auto boxes;
  • Added option for manual gear shift override in cars with autoshift electronic aids (such as F-V10 & Camaro SS)
  • Adjusted flatspotting range (slightly more sensitive than previous version)
  • Fixed bug with Mini autoshift driving aid not working correctly
  • Removed launch control being left mistakenly enabled in F3 & Supertruck
  • Tweaked fast line at chicane in second half of lap of Salvador to minimize cars rolling
  • Fixed foggy cockpit windshield in Lancer RS
  • Fixed bug with Renault Fluence LOD in night lighting
  • Various AI adjustments to generally improve their behavior & performance
  • Added a few missing helmet skins + corrected alpha channels for another lot of them
  • Fixed digital LCDs not working in Indian Momentum F-Extreme cars

If you have a bug to report please use the official bug report thread. (make sure o check the opening post).

With the upgrade, I lost my profile (setup, replay, configurations) Can I recover my profile?
Will the multiplayer when we'll be viewed from within the game?
Thanks Reiza for the update.

As per the release notes, you´ll be prompted to create a new profile. Your old profile, settings & replays should still be in the game folder (AMS\Userdata\Your Name) though - your new profile should be Mydocs\Automobilista. If you copy the files you want over to the appropriate subfolder there (setups & replays at least), they should still show up / work normally.

I didn't read the whole thread but I read a part about somebody complaining about the night being too dark
I think so too, and it's a real shame cos I'm starting to like this game which I installed only one week ago, and I think that night racing is almost useless, except on some tracks which are well-lit.
I just downloaded Spa and I really wanted to try it at night, but it was impossible.
You can see only a few meters in front of you and even if you know the track well, you end up having an accident...
I think they should try to "patch" this and make nights better, like in good old GTR2.:unsure:

I didn't read the whole thread but I read a part about somebody complaining about the night being too dark
I think so too, and it's a real shame cos I'm starting to like this game which I installed only one week ago, and I think that night racing is almost useless, except on some tracks which are well-lit.
I just downloaded Spa and I really wanted to try it at night, but it was impossible.
You can see only a few meters in front of you and even if you know the track well, you end up having an accident...
I think they should try to "patch" this and make nights better, like in good old GTR2.:unsure:

Night racing is fine as long as the car has lights:) how many cars without lights race at night? do they?

I had been in a couple of RD races here that ended up in the middle of night (in game). In the one race, there was a glitch at Taruma where the lights were not reflecting off of the road/terrain. In the second, it was so dark that everyone was hunting for corners and sliding off because no one could see anything. The first one was a game bug, the second was more that needed tweaking like it was way too dark even with the lights.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%