Automobilista Hotfix Update Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS Hotfix Update.jpg

The racing sim that refuses to finish development, another 'final' update has been released...

... to be fair this is more of a hotfix to the recent, final, major build release for the still exceptional Automobilista Racing Simulator, but I just couldn't resist making reference to the seemingly endless development life of Reiza Studios AMS - a title that's gone through three different names and countless improvements to hold the lofty position in sim racers affections that it enjoys today.

This latest build, dropped to the title earlier today, is most focused on adding a few final fixes that appeared as part of the last major build update, details of which can be found below:

AMS V1.5.26 Hotfix Notes:
  • Fixed a bug that could cause rotation range not being set for older Logitech wheels in some cases; Fixed G27 LEDs not working; Added old method for rotation range adjusting, can be triggered from controller.ini
  • Fixed CTD when going out on track in some cases with direct drive wheel controllers
  • Added Fanatec Podium Direct Drive Preset
  • Snetterton: Revised AIWs; Added garage walls & detais; draw distance adjustments; Adjusted pit & start lights; Racing groove & other minor graphical updates
  • Puma Series: Added multiple performances to puma series
  • F-Classic: Fixed mistakenly commited audio experiment
  • SuperV8: Replaced Plasto Racing Team with Scuderia Basilea

An epic sim - long live AMS!

Automobilista is available now exclusively for PC.

For news and discussions about this PC exclusive racing simulator, head on over to the AMS sub forum here at RaceDepartment and keep in touch with everything Automobilista. If news isnt enough to quench your AMS thirst, why not sign up for a race in our Automobilista Racing Club? Fun times, great racing and an epic community - check it out here.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Check your OSD settings in Afterburner / Rivatuner. Maybe something somehow got disabled or changed. As long as you don't uninstall anything, your settings should stay if it's an install over the current install. I'd check the various settings for the OSD and such.

Nothing seems to have changed in Rivatuner, and it shows up in other games so everything's enabled in Afterburner...what settings do you guys use (so I can compare)? Here are my RTSS settings for AMS (everything not named is OFF). I'm using version 7.2.3 Beta 2:

Show On-screen display ON
Application detection level: LOW
Stealth Mode: ON
On-Screen display support: ON
On-Screen display rendering mode: Raster 3D
Viewport selected for coordinate space
On-Screen Display Shadow: ON
Show own statistics: ON

Nothing seems to have changed in Rivatuner, and it shows up in other games so everything's enabled in Afterburner...what settings do you guys use (so I can compare)? Here are my RTSS settings for AMS (everything not named is OFF). I'm using version 7.2.3 Beta 2:

Show On-screen display ON
Application detection level: LOW
Stealth Mode: ON
On-Screen display support: ON
On-Screen display rendering mode: Raster 3D
Viewport selected for coordinate space
On-Screen Display Shadow: ON
Show own statistics: ON
Have you tried using the default or reset button in Rivatuner? I did that and then it works perfectly with AMS.

Tried it. Nothing. Deleted the profile for AMS. Still didn’t work under global.
Strange. Maybe if you make a thread about it more people will join in to help? I don't know what else it can be. Are you using Afterburner as well? If so, make sure the OSD is enabled in there. Also, try the hotley buttons for show, hide, and enable/disable OSD. Finally, make sure the numbers in Rivatuner that correspond to where on the screen the OSD is displayed are back to default (I think you resetting the settings would have already set this back to default but try double checking). Other than that, I'm at a loss, sorry.

Strange. Maybe if you make a thread about it more people will join in to help? I don't know what else it can be. Are you using Afterburner as well? If so, make sure the OSD is enabled in there. Also, try the hotley buttons for show, hide, and enable/disable OSD. Finally, make sure the numbers in Rivatuner that correspond to where on the screen the OSD is displayed are back to default (I think you resetting the settings would have already set this back to default but try double checking). Other than that, I'm at a loss, sorry.

Sadly I've done all of this before...as I said earlier, AMS is the only sim that's doing this (i.e. RTSS works on all other games) and it only happened after the recent updates. Thanks for trying to help though, I guess I'll make a thread later.

I'm using version 7.2.3 Beta 2:

I use RTSS stable v7.2.1 with AB v4.6.0 on gtx1070 driver 417.71.

No trouble here caping video or screenshots (the last time I tried was a few weeks now), OSD works as expected.

Unlikely that AMS is the issue, they didn't change any code regarding graphics. Other than solve the crash on exit for the config tool.

Are you sure that the versions of AB / RTSS you are using are compatible?

I know that RTSS often updates before AB, I only upgrade when prompted by AB.

Last edited:
Sadly I've done all of this before...as I said earlier, AMS is the only sim that's doing this (i.e. RTSS works on all other games) and it only happened after the recent updates. Thanks for trying to help though, I guess I'll make a thread later.
Man, I wish I could figure this out. How about just fully uninstalling and re-installing? By the way, are you using Afterburner as well or just RTSS on it's own?

I use RTSS stable v7.2.1 with AB v4.6.0 on gtx1070 driver 417.71.

No trouble here caping video or screenshots (the last time I tried was a few weeks now), OSD works as expected.

Unlikely that AMS is the issue, they didn't change any code regarding graphics. Other than solve the crash on exit for the config tool.

Are you sure that the versions of AB / RTSS you are using are compatible?

I know that RTSS often updates before AB, I only upgrade when prompted by AB.

I upgraded AB, which came with an upgraded RTSS...so I'd imagine the two are compatible with each other. I upgraded manually after the AMS issue occurred; I never upgrade AB and RTSS unless I need to.

Man, I wish I could figure this out. How about just fully uninstalling and re-installing? By the way, are you using Afterburner as well or just RTSS on it's own?

Reinstalling AB and RTSS, or AMS? I'd rather not have to re-download AMS just for that, the game itself runs perfect. I guess I'll have to live with it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back