Automobilista Hotfix Build 1.4.93 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Automobilista Update.jpg

Reiza Studios hotfix build 1.4.93 has been deployed to the Automobilista simulation recently, addressing the majority of the remaining issues with the most recent major build update.

The update hotfix released yesterday is the second additional build improvement to the title since the major November 24th update, and as such the final few outstanding issues that have arisen since the public launch have hopefully been addressed by Reiza Studios, including a couple of pesky CTD issues that have been causing a large number of players issues in recent weeks. For reference you can find the previous hotfix notes HERE.

The new release was deployed yesterday afternoon (Thursday 14th December) and can be seen in full below:
  • Fixed occasional CTD when crossing SF line on the first lap out of the pits online
  • Fixed various Sound issues potentially causing CTDs and possibly server lag
  • Fixed AMS Config resetting audio configuration
  • Restored pre 1.4.9 replay compatibility, (1.4.9 -> 1.4.92 replays will not work though)
  • Fixed major lag & potential CTD when someone joins a server when there are AI present
  • Fixed an issue where the finish session button would not work in the last few minutes of a session when player has set a time.
  • AI logic tweak to bring it more in line to overtaking behavior pre v1.4.9
  • Updated morning lighting values
  • Oulton: Fixed terrain hole inside pit lane exit
  • TC Classics: fixed window material name on Uno; fixed rear suspension modeling on Fusca

IMPORTANT: Audio configuration has been reset to STEREO SPEAKERS to address a configuration issue - if you have another audio configuration please run AMS Config and review the setting accordingly.

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing game from Reiza Studios, and can be purchased from the Steam network.

If you enjoy Automobilista then take your experience to the next level with RaceDepartment! Join in our brilliant online Racing Club to take part in organised online race events, or head over to the Automobilista Modding Forum to have a look through our community made content, or if this isn't enough to keep you occupied, check out the general AMS sub forum and involve yourself in our wonderful sim racing community.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Has the new build release addressed the quoted changelog issues for you? Are you satisfied with the state of the current build now? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Grahpics can be improved without DX11, Reiza has already done so with new shaders etc. When iRacing moved to DX11 it first looked identical to DX9, same with rF2 except that they added some new post effects. DX version doesn't dictate how shaders, texture work, 3D models etc. are built. Biggest reason why AMS in certain sense looks outdated is that lots of the car cockpits in the game are very old, some from around the time when GSC/GSCE came out. That won't magically change with new DX interface.

The other reason is that the game still runs in 32-bits, which means you can only have limited detail in cars and tracks to avoid going above 4 GB RAM. Again, nothing to do with DX version.
I'm not a developer but if you look at rF2 in DX11 and you play the DX9 version, there's a world of difference. Upgrading the DX version, having better shaders, moving to 64-bits, it helps a lot creating a more visually realistic sim. I was playing rF2 still using DX9 graphics because I forgot to delete the cache... imagine the nice surprise when I found out my mistake and I emptied that cache folder. A different game, visually speaking! :)

So for the next Reiza sim, I would love the devs to aim to the visual realism, since they already have a solid physics engine.
Imagine GT Sport lighting engine and a more detailed skydome — better if using dynamic weather — for example. Wouldn't it be something developers should aim to, as we get close to year 2020?
Photorealism, physics realism, realistic AI behavior, engine sound fidelity, should be our "mantra" :p

I'm not a developer but if you look at rF2 in DX11 and you play the DX9 version, there's a world of difference. Upgrading the DX version, having better shaders, moving to 64-bits, it helps a lot creating a more visually realistic sim. I was playing rF2 still using DX9 graphics because I forgot to delete the cache... imagine the nice surprise when I found out my mistake and I emptied that cache folder. A different game, visually speaking! :)

The difference you see in rF2 is mostly because they tweaked HDR to more "dramatic", it had little to do with DX11 as such. In fact they maintained all their old DX9 shaders to not break mod compatibility with DX11. I believe any track/car in rF2 will still run fine in DX9, so they added no new features to DX11 content. Maybe with upcoming rain effects that will change and DX11 will have some real use other than VR.

I agree with the 64-bit part, that is probably the primary thing holding AMS graphics back at the moment. With 32-bit app you can't even go close to the 4 GB limit before things start breaking down. That rules out 4K textures and very detailed cockpits as in AC or latest rF2 GT3 pack.

The difference you see in rF2 is mostly because they tweaked HDR to more "dramatic", it had little to do with DX11 as such. In fact they maintained all their old DX9 shaders to not break mod compatibility with DX11.
LOL, no DX11 effects in rF2 apart from DOF, godrays, automatic glare, ambient shadows, and other shiny effects... yup, no-sirree, they never did put any DX11 effects in their DX11, now did they?

LOL, no DX11 effects in rF2 apart from DOF, godrays, automatic glare, ambient shadows, and other shiny effects... yup, no-sirree, they never did put any DX11 effects in their DX11, now did they?

They used Yebis 2 middleware to generate those post FX, which has nothing to do with DirectX directly, they are not provided by the DirectX API. Those effects are nice for screenshots and for the 5% of users who can run them with decent performance. From cockpit cam none of them are much visible, so I stand by what I said that the main difference is the changed HDR tone.

It still looks like rFactor 1 in game, you can only see a slight improvement in replays, nothing more nothing less.
Are you sure you emptied the cache folder after the upgrade to DX11? Otherwise, you're still looking at DX9 graphics. On my system anyway, the difference between DX9 and DX11 was huge, the difference between day and night. Now it looks really pretty, I never thought I'd see rF2 looking like it does now :thumbsup:

Last edited:
It still looks like rFactor 1 in game, you can only see a slight improvement in replays, nothing more nothing less.
Melanie, as @GuitarTech said, perhaps you made my same mistake forgetting to empty the shaders cache folder:
- rFactor 2\UserData\Log\Shaders
- rFactor 2\UserData\Log\cbash

For example only now I emptied cbash folder, since I didn't know we had to empty that folder also. I didn't exactly follow this thread on Studio-397 forum at the time of the Open Beta, so...my bad :D

The difference is clear, visible, between DX9 and DX11.
And they still have to add Yebis 2 post-effects if I'm not mistaken.

Are you sure you emptied the cache folder after the upgrade to DX11? Otherwise, you're still looking at DX9 graphics. On my system anyway, the difference between DX9 and DX11 was huge, the difference between day and night. Now it looks really pretty, I never thought I'd see rF2 looking like it does now :thumbsup:
I should not have to empty anything, if they had actually created a new graphics engine from scratch as they claim that's what they have done, but they are not fooling me for sure, as these effects we see in screen shots are only just that, seen in screen shots or in replays, but not actual in game while you are driving/racing, apart from the over bright white bits and bloom.

Melanie, as @GuitarTech said, perhaps you made my same mistake forgetting to empty the shaders cache folder:
- rFactor 2\UserData\Log\Shaders
- rFactor 2\UserData\Log\cbash

I did, but the graphics still had that rfactor 1 look to them, updating the graphics engine to DX 11 is nothing, when the engine still uses DX8 Shader Models. The shader model needs a complete overhaul as well, chrome and silver effect still don't look metallic, rubber doesn't look like rubber, leather doesn't look like leather in rFactor 2.
I think Race Room still has the best visuals and shader model of any ISI motor engine title to date.

Last edited:
The difference is clear, visible, between DX9 and DX11.
And they still have to add Yebis 2 post-effects if I'm not mistaken.

This is simply false. If the game required you to manually delete folders (which would be a moronic move), then they would make sure to mention it in build notes. The one folder doesn't magically transform DX9 to DX11, it would be technically impossible. And the shaders are the same too, that's why all cars/mods work in both DX9 and DX11.

I agree with Melanie (for once), if the app is ported from DX9 to DX11 and continues to use old shaders, then DX11 won't itself magically change the graphics. And regarding Yebis 2, they are what is referred to as "post FX" and have been in use since first day when DX11 beta came out.

This is simply false. If the game required you to manually delete folders (which would be a moronic move), then they would make sure to mention it in build notes. The one folder doesn't magically transform DX9 to DX11, it would be technically impossible. And the shaders are the same too, that's why all cars/mods work in both DX9 and DX11.

Read here: https://forum.studio-397.com/index....-simple-way-to-clear-shaders-and-cbash.55446/

I didn't know about that, so I was playing in what I was thinking was DX11, while the graphics was ugly as before in DX9. I was even using ReShade to improve it... Then one fine day I was reading a comment in a blog about deleting the files in the cache folder (since I was not following too much the official forum). Bingo! I did it and the game finally showed me a much better graphic quality! It was not ReShade, which I uninstalled, but DX11 true quality.

From what I read online, the effects from Yebis 2 will be gradually implemented, therefore some are already there while others will come.

I just noticed an error with the engine config of the #4 PMotor car in the AJRs. I'm not sure if this error has always been there or was introduced with the latest update. Today was the first time I drove the #4 PMotor car. I had previously only driven the #2 car from this team. Regardless, the .veh file for the #4 car has it configured with the Powertec instead of the Honda. This isn't just the "Extra=" text either. The Engine= and Sounds= lines are for the Powertec as well.

if you chenk in other teams you can see that some others also use different engines, so its not an error
Then what is the logic of having both cars in a team categorized under a single engine type when you're selecting? Kind of makes it a crapshoot what you'll actually be driving when you select a car, no? Error or not, it definitely seems illogical.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back