AUTOMOBILISTA: Fresh screenshots, videos and plenty of details

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
USiuqbN.jpg

Reiza Studios are happy to confirm that AUTOMOBILISTA - Motorsports Simulator will be released on Steam very soon.

As previously announced, AMS is the successor of Stock Car Extreme, featuring major new simulation features, numerous substantial improvements along with plenty of extra content.

We would like to share with you all now some details of what is under the hood of AMS:

Elite Brazilian Series

As a greatly revamped successor to Stock Car Extreme. AUTOMOBILISTA continues to simulate elite Brazilian autoracing series such as Stock Car V8, Copa Petrobras de Marcas, Formula 3 Brasil and Mitsubishi Lancer Cup, now packing every car and every track from their respective 2015 championships.

pynimpc.jpg

LfuND02.jpg

Beyond the brazilian core, AUTOMOBILISTA is extensively complemented with one of the most diverse selections or racing vehicles to be found in a racing game. In AMS you will also find:

Diverse Racing Disciplines & Venues

In addition to the comprehensively upgraded content from Stock Car Extreme, AUTOMOBILISTA turns it up to a new level by adding all the new cars & tracks proposed in the SimRacing Bonanza crowdfunding campaign. In AUTOMOBILISTA will you be able to go from a casual rental kart heat to drifting a Mitsubishi Evo X around rallycross tracks; From jumping ramps in a Supertruck to mastering the driving basics in a Formula Vee; from trading paints in frantic Mini Challenge races to gruelling 24h multi-class endurance races - all of this and much more packed into a single racing simulator.

s6FfyGa.jpg

4mhzwAn.jpg

NpLRrm9.jpg

Pure Simulation, Pure Fun

These are some of the features that make AMS stand out as a purebred racing simulator:

Upscaled 720 hz physics and 500 hz input rates (vs 360 hz &100 hz respectively in SCE) grants AMS super-accurate, high fidelity physics and Force Feedback

Vehicle physics based on models developed for professional racing teams with in-depth exclusive data

1qezW86.png

5o39wo2.png

Minutely detailed and accurately modelled race tracks with 3D bumps, custom road properties and air density according to its location and altitude

Engine sounds sampled from high-quality recordings of real cars

Capturing the ever-changing demands of racing

Cars with old-style gearbox mechanisms will demand proper gear engagement by using the clutch or synchronizing revs; modern cars will demand handling of advanced electronic systems; High downforce cars will create aerodynamic wake for those that follow; 24h cycles will allow racing from dusk to dawn and at night.
  • Dynamic track conditions turn the racing line into a grippy rubbery trail and builds up marbles offline
  • Dynamic tire damage & dirt pickup add further extra dimensions to the driving experience
KAlTe88.jpg

msXqOh0.jpg

1H44XXU.jpg

hdmIaqp.jpg

Quality Single & Multiplayer Racing

Racing with the AI cars in Stock Car Extreme is already widely regarded as one of the best in a racing game, and in AMS it has been further improved to provide quality racing challenge in any conditions and for all skill levels.

The multiplayer code from ISIMotor in turn ensures one of the most reliable network experiences in sim racing

itmPceb.jpg

DszJGmq.jpg

Accessible Simracing

A nicely streamlined 1080p UI allows users to quickly choose game mode, pick a car and track, set up a session up and hit the track within a few clicks. The thoroughly optimized graphics in turn provide users with the fluid frame rates required for a great sim racing experience even with a mid-level PC.

FJl2uEG.jpg

To be continued...

Last edited:
well in AMS it is technically fictional car so .. steering wheels might differ I guess :)
Actually I determined most likely that I was looking at late season FW24s where they had a bowed front wing. The early season car apparently had the straighter edged front wing that was common to the FW23. That's my best detective work so far. :p

We are working on adding driver animations - it won´t be in the initial release but hopefully make it in for a future update.

Do you have any plans to deal with the annoying and totally distracting out of sync shifting animations that I feel add nothing to and detract greatly from the immersion?

I've always felt that you could easily find a way to sync them up in replay files because all events are known at that point but when its in situ shouldn't it be simply impossible to get the game to animate in sync an action that's already begun?

This is what caught my attention :

Upscaled 720 hz physics and 500 hz input rates (vs 360 hz &100 hz respectively in SCE) grants AMS super-accurate, high fidelity physics and Force Feedback
Does this mean we'll see a much greater CPU load in AMS?

Apologies if I'm nitpicking, but I'm just curious. I went to look at some f1 videos of v10 era and the cars are noticeably upset by the little bumps on the track and they bounce/flex a lot, especially at the front.

Now in the Automobilista v10 preview there is hardly any motion of the chassis/suspension visible. The car is stiff and flat.
I remember Renato announcing (and even showcasing) body flex in the past... Is this feature still planned for AMS or maybe further down the line ?

Then again it only adds to replay realism, i guess. Probably adds nothing to the driving experience, since you don't notice much while driving...

Spent an hour or so driving SCE last night looking for tin tops I might have missed. I drive 60s and early 70s stuff almost exclusively except when my h-shifter is broken like it is now.

Anyway, I like the Camaro SS (appears to be similar quality to the amazing NSX and Vette road cars for rF1/2) and the '86 stock car but would still like to see ANY high power 60s tin top, even if fictional or semi-fictional. I have been driving conversion of HistorX but not sure will still convert to AMS, especially the 2017 version.

OK so enough of that. Next thing is critical :p Not sure if this is a simple plr file setting, but I noticed that menu/UI music continues to play during loading of tracks in GTR2/P&G, which is awesome. If can be done in AMS that would be cool because SCE cuts the music during track loading which is terribly uncool :p...

...which brings me to the subject of cool and I have to say that I am really impressed by how Reiza interacts with the community. Even if their product was not top notch (which it clearly is), it's no wonder why they are so popular.

Final thing is that I have to give Reiza (and the old Simbin) major kudos for knowing what is fun and how to create well-rounded, polished products and FUN TRACKS :cool:

I'm so looking forward to this; Iv'e been playing GSC a lot lately, I can't get enough of driving the V8's with the H-shifter; no other title (okay - other than iRacing & rF2:D) simulates the gearbox/engine behavior better and it takes heel/toe driving to another level in terms of immersion IMO. :thumbsup:

I'm so looking forward to this; Iv'e been playing GSC a lot lately, I can't get enough of driving the V8's with the H-shifter; no other title (okay - other than iRacing & rF2:D) simulates the gearbox/engine behavior better and it takes heel/toe driving to another level in terms of immersion IMO. :thumbsup:
Are you sure? You don't really need to use clutch at all on GSC and you are not penalized if you don't except stalling. That is something that will be introduced with AMS. Not sure about rf2 .. You have to clutch or rev match in AC and R3E, though not being able to stall car in AC takes away half of the fun.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back