Featured Automobilista Final Build Released

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Andy_J

Andy_J
    PC Veteran Gamer and Biker. Premium

Ratings:
    +3,488
    Can you? Anyway this is going off topic. I'm out. Bye.

2. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,423
    yea, no problemo

3. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,515
    Are you seriously telling me, that you don't see the difference between a game where you "buy" the right to use the software in perpetuity, and a game where you "rent" the right to use the software,(including component parts, which have been paid for individually), only for as long as you continue to stump up extra cash?
    Wow! Seems like quite an obvious difference to me.
    Just out of interest, what happens to your access to cars and tracks, if you allow your account to lapse for... say 6 months and then re-activate your account? Can you still use cars and track which you've previously paid money for? Or would you have to stump up again for the exact same content? Has this been tested in court?
    I'm guessing that you're gonna say, if the content has changed in any way, you've lost access to it?

• Beer Beer x 1
  4. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I may not be fast, but I'm wide!

Ratings:
    +1,749
    Nope. My account was inactive for two years, I reactivated it in November and all my previous content was still there and available to me.

As for the rest, I pointed out that there's clearly a difference between the two. Other games are like playing basketball in your driveway with friends, iRacing is like the gym you pay a monthly membership fee to that allows you to participate in their leagues for some serious competition. Sure, you can go to the local schoolyard and get in on a pick-up game for some competition too, but the quality of players and adherence to rules really varies, whereas the gym has more serious players and they stick to official rules so you can get a better quality experience for the extra money you spend.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,515
    Sorry, my question was directed at Felthat. Sorry for any confusion.

6. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,501
    (I honestly couldn't care less if I "own" the game or not.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,515
    Even if you'd have to pay monthly subs to use content that you've paid for? See, that would really get on my prodigious mammaries. But hey, different strokes for different folks. Long may that continue. :D

8. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,423
    Oh i wouldnt have guessed, i believe our argue was about different matter

9. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,515
    Really?
    OK,if you say so. :confused::roflmao:

10. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,423
    how subscription changes right to use anything? it only limits time u can use it which is covered there. We had our agreement with Andy and finally stopped this offtopic and u had to come and continue it, didnt you? :whistling:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  11. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,515
    Yes, I did. I couldn't resist. I didn't agree with what you'd posted. I was moved to comment.
    "how subscription changes right to use anything?"
    In iRacing you pay a monthly subscription, then you pay extra for tracks and cars. Then, if you stop paying the subscription, you may not use the tracks and cars. In many other games (software), you pay for tracks and cars, then you can use them for as long as you wish (in some cases this may be offline only). If you refuse to admit that these 2 things are not the same, then it may be best if we agree to differ. :thumbsup:

12. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,501
    You mean like in iRacing, which is what we were talking about? In that case, I do care about having to pay to be able to play the game, but that really has nothing to do with "owning" it, that's a completely separate thing, as demonstrated by R3E, which you technically don't "own" either, but you don't have to pay to play it.

13. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,515
    Ok, we really are splitting hairs now. I don't care what you call it.. Own it or not, I don't like the model and wouldn't even try iRacing on principal. Lots of people do. To each his own. I just hope that other game developers don't go down that route. But that's just me. :)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,423
    but what makes them different except subscription and time u can used it in based on that subscription? (i think this is the worst offtopic in rd history :rolleyes:)

15. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,501
    Ah, OK.

16. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,515
    In iRacing you pay a monthly subscription, then you pay extra for tracks and cars. Then, if you stop paying the subscription, you may not use the tracks and cars. In many other games (software), you pay for tracks and cars, then you can use them for as long as you wish (in some cases this may be offline only).
    Which bit don't you understand?

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins

Ratings:
    +234
    For the love of whatever entity you worship, drop this conversation. Denis' point is crystal clear. Enough said.

• Like Like x 3
  18. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,423
    Oh its beyond crystal clear, the point is that he keeps describing subscription vs one time payment while i ask about anything but that. Atleast i believe this is what i wrote

19. bello francesco

bello francesco

Ratings:
    +5
    I as an AMS user I appreciated the graphic quality of this product in version 1.5, perhaps I expected the variable weather, which many of us ask to REIZA and despite many questions about the staff of the official forum has never deigned to give us a answer, but on the contrary has always ignored these posts, especially by users not belonging to the Portuguese language.

20. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,423
    "Dynamic weather is not something we could slap in for a patch, so its not a matter of it being low priority but rather it was never on the table for AMS as it requires a longer development schedule." from reiza forum
    why did u expect feature from 1.5 without any hint or info? weather is rly big thing to add, they cant add it just like that with their budget and manpower+imo a waste of time to develop someting so major on old engine when new one is on the horizon

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.