Featured Automobilista Final Build Released

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins

Ratings:
    +213
    Agree...but I have Ferrari's, Lambo's and BMW's in my AMS ;) EEC has very well-done mods and there are a decent range of community mods out there. Again, not as extensive as AC, but more than enough to keep most people well occupied.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ami_M3

Ami_M3

Ratings:
    +5

Absolutely, but now we are talking mods. I just mentioned it because some people want just a stock content ;)
    Also, Mitja Bonca, since we are mentioning mods, check out Patrick Giranthon's track pack for AMS if you decide to try out the sim.

3. kamackeris

kamackeris
    Premium

Ratings:
    +990
    How much do you pay yearly? For me I just can't justify the expense

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I may not be fast, but I'm wide! Premium

Ratings:
    +1,725
    I paid around $85 on the Black Friday deal, so it comes to about $8 month. So basically just skip one frappuccino and one Big Mac per month and it's all paid for. ;) For me it's about the amount of entertainment I get, I've spent well over $100 on AC but with that about the best I can hope for is 10 people on the grid and I fight for king of the mid pack with no real hope of winning. In iRacing I can get big grids every day and more times than not I find myself fighting for a podium or a win, totally worth the $0.25/day IMO. YMMV.

5. kamackeris

kamackeris
    Premium

Ratings:
    +990
    I don't do McDonald's or have coffee out already lol... But after the subs you then have to pay for content which all adds up to a lot doesn't it?

6. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,066
    It also adds up really fast if you're not able to take advantage of those Black Friday deals for a year. A single month bought the "normal" way costs almost 20 euro (including VAT). A single track or car is another 15-20 euro.

It's ludicrous. But, as I was on many occassions reminded by iRacing fans, it's apparently a good thing you have to pay this much, as it apparently keeps the bad drivers at bay. It works for me, so I guess they're right.

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. kamackeris

kamackeris
    Premium

Ratings:
    +990
    do you race it too??

8. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,066
    I did for a few months, until my subscription ran out.

9. Andy_J

Andy_J
    PC Veteran Gamer and Biker. Premium

Ratings:
    +3,438
    Add to the fact that you never really own any of it too. You are just renting your cars. When you decide you have had enough or they ban you for something, you will lose all your investment.
    I really wish you could buy Iracing as a standalone race sim with offline AI too. Like a heavily updated and modded NR2003. Which is what it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Stephen O'Sullivan

Stephen O'Sullivan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +186
    I did the same; but the monthly subscription fee, the expensive content, and not actually "owning" said content was ultimately too much to bear. However, iRacing seems to offer good discounts for long-term users who participate regularly.

One of the many pleasures of following AMS's Beta development was realising just how much content would be added - Reiza still hasn't finished stuffing the Xmas stocking. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  11. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,265
    Uhhh, u dont "own" anything in any software, u just buy right to use it, which is basically renting, and it these terms iracing isnt different from any other software (except being sub and time based).

12. Stephen O'Sullivan

Stephen O'Sullivan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +186
    That's why I used speech marks to convey the nebulous notion of "owning" software. :whistling::D

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Ryan Robbins

Ryan Robbins

Ratings:
    +71
    AMS is my favorite SIM for "feel" of car connected to road, although AC comes close. PCARS 2 needed Jack Spade files to get pretty decent. Without a proper league in my time zone (US weeknights)...I just don't use it much.

14. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,265
    i wasnt aiming only at you :D

15. Stephen O'Sullivan

Stephen O'Sullivan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +186
    But I'm hard to miss. :p

16. Andy_J

Andy_J

Ratings:
    +3,438
    What about when you buy a game on disk, like an xbox game that you can then sell after you have finished with it? That is a way of "owning" a game if not the actual software surely?:cool:

17. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,265
    no
    u can buy cd in any shop, download game files, put it on the disk, it doesnt make u owner. You simply bought rights to use the software with disk included

18. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I may not be fast, but I'm wide! Premium

Ratings:
    +1,725
    It's all 1's and 0's, you never really own any of it. At the end of the day I don't care if I got a little silver disk for my money, I care about how much enjoyment I got for the money spent. So far iRacing has given me much more enjoyment per dollar spent than most other sims. I actually look forward to races now, I practice for races, I've even won a race and got a pole position which are things that were virtually unheard of in AC or AMS servers. Sure I'm paying more up front but I'm also getting a lot more in return compared to other sims. Shooting hoops in the driveway with your mates for free is fun but does it really compare to joining a competitive league down at the gym (which you have to pay a membership for)? Your mileage may vary though, and this isn't the place to discuss it.

19. Andy_J

Andy_J

Ratings:
    +3,438
    You are arguing semantics now. I know I don't own the software but comparing Iracing to lets say AMS is not the same in the fact that you do sort of own the game to play whenever you feel like it and if they still came on disk with a code that you enter every time you install, then you would be free to sell said game and get some money back. My sons sell their unwanted xbox games. That is what I mean. Anyway Iracing is over priced and over rated. IMO of course. :thumbsup: Oh and not a patch on AMS either.

20. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,265
    u can sell your iracing account, whats the difference?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.