Automobilista Final Build Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Automobilista has hit its most significant milestone to date, reaching build 1.5.0 and is now considered in a final and finished release state.

Coming to pc gamers after a long and often spectacular road of development and change, Reiza Studios have now wrapped the development of the Automobilista Motorsport Simulation (AMS) racing title, a new release born off the back of the very popular and highly regarded Game Stock Car simulation from 2013.

The latest and potentially final major release, dubbed build 1.5.0, hit the Steam network late yesterday and represents the final efforts of the development studio before full attention switches to the new and as yet unrevealed racing simulation under closely guarded lock and key back at the studio in Brazil.

Although 1.5.0 is considered the final build for AMS fans need not despair as Reiza did indicate in a recent 'roadmap' post that some other bits might sneak into the sim over time, however for now this is it people, its done, it's awesome and it's available to play on Steam right now!

AMS Buid 1.5.0 Released.jpg

Build v1.5.0:

NEW CONTENT

• Added Buskerud Kart track (2 layouts)
  • Added Mendig Langschliefe layout

GENERAL
  • Added support for Ranked Servers: Lobby shows Ranked Servers average entrants ranking. Added player's server rank in monitor view (Only Reiza Official Servers will be ranked at this stage)
  • Added "TIRE SETS" option to limit number of available tire sets over the race weekend (range 1-10 or unlimited as before)
  • Added "RETURN TO PITS" option to RULES settings (options are Instant, Car must be stopped and Car towed to garage with semi realistic or realistic timings)
  • Fixed various issues with Steam Achievements
  • Disabled Pause While Zero Players server setting, as it is required for servers to announce on Steam
  • Added Game tag to results file with property "Automobilista"
  • Added Steam ID and Race Rank to player entries in Results files
  • Added Game Version and Profile in use to title bar on Dedicated Server
  • Increased frequency to smooth player´s steering wheel animation during replays (should no longer look jerky)
  • Fixed Spotter announcing last lap one lap too early if you were a leader in a timed race
  • Fixed Steam info not being parsed correctly when dedi is hosting without steam client logged in

USER INTERFACE
  • Redesigned Monitor UI screen
  • Added Escape Menu Confirmation option to Display settings
  • Fixed multi join screen sometimes showing wrong track map
  • Added RaceRank leaderboard to Profile page
  • Auto select users time on TT Leaderboards
  • Refactored internet connection type settings
  • Garage UI now shows fuel by decimal point when step is less than 1.0
  • Optimized UI files, removing unused files and entries
AI
  • Tweaked AI suspension rates to smooth ride over curbs a bit
  • New AI code which uses actual car width to calculate road width

AUDIO
  • Enhanced surface sounds positioning
  • Fixed various little sound replay bugs
  • Lowered spotter default volume to 75%
  • Replay surface sounds are now positioned (both pre 1.49 and new replays)
  • Remote vehicles now also have tire sounds (although highly approximated)
  • Tweaked dirt residue sound calculation (should hear it more often)
  • Audio now is smoothly faded in / out when pausing / resuming game
  • Added additional audio output configurations: Surround Headphones 5.1, Surround Headphones 7.1, Surround Speakers 7.1
  • Added "Trackside Camera Audio Directionality" into PLR file for stereo configurations (with it non-zero, sounds in the back will be less loud then ones in front of camera)
  • Fixed RPM limiter sound not being played
  • Added new crowd samples (club, national in addtion to old grandprix type)

CONTENT FIXES & UPDATES
  • New TV helicopter camera sample
  • Removed helicopter sound from ambient audio sample
  • Added audio environment settings to all circuits
  • Updated TV cameras for F-Ultimate, F-Extreme, F-Reiza
  • Updated Headlight textures in various cars
  • Fixed rear view mirror resolution inconsistencies
  • Granja: Revised AI paths in all layouts
  • Boxer: Increased brake torque & adjusted front tire load sensitivity; Updated series skin set
  • F-Trainer: Updated series skin set
  • Karts: Adjusted fuel scale to allow 0.1L increments (needs Garage UI code tweak); Further adjusted AI, adjusted front tire load sensitivity; Removed redundant / innacurate feeler values; Reduced tire wear for all compounds; tweaked AI to reduce issues with rolling over curbs; Added more suitable standard tireamanagement / startskill multipliers
  • AJR: Adjusted AJR RealFeel setting to reduce default FFB clipping; Fixed loop on high rpm in Honda Turbo
  • F3: Fixed double arms in F309; Updated external sounds & fixed missing onboard pit limiter sound
  • Caterham: Fixed double arms in various models
  • F-Reiza: Updated LCD display
  • Ultima: Fixed unbalance front brake torque in road versions
  • TC: Classics: Corrected some pitch errors in external sounds

GENERAL NOTES:

Logitech G29 / G920 users
: Support for auto rotation is on a dedicated Beta Branch labeled LogitechG29. Further instructions as to how to switch to a beta branch here.

If you have a bug to report please use the new bug report thread (make sure to check the opening post first).

If you experience any issues running the game following the update, it´s worth running a Steam Integrity Check to make sure all files have been added / updated correctly.

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing game from Reiza Studios, and can be purchased from the Steam network.

If you enjoy Automobilista then take your experience to the next level with RaceDepartment! Join in our brilliant online Racing Club to take part in organised online race events, or head over to the Automobilista Modding Forum to have a look through our community made content, or if this isn't enough to keep you occupied, check out the general AMS sub forum and involve yourself in our wonderful sim racing community.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Enjoying the new build? Satisfied with the "final" product? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
The sim is great the way it is now and i would not complain if no more content was added..
But what ever happened to the new car that we was ment to get next year ?
I am not sure what type of car it was but there was ment to be a car coming and all it ever said was T.B.A :(

The sim is great the way it is now and i would not complain if no more content was added..
But what ever happened to the new car that we was ment to get next year ?
I am not sure what type of car it was but there was ment to be a car coming and all it ever said was T.B.A :(
From the last Reiza development update:
While core development of AMS ends with v1.5, the new Drift project and the upcoming DLC means there is still some exciting things to come to AMS in 2018 - Since v1.5 is another major update with substantial new features it´s also very likely we´ll do some fine tuning and deploy a couple of smallish hotfixes early on next year.

it's just so good :x3:
but i need vr, cmon reiza18!

Seriously I cant play any racing title without VR now. AMS was one of my best titles till i realised no VR is coming 2017 ..... if u don't have it, use or like it fair enough but it's now a deal breaker for me and many others. Most sims have it as standard.

Disagree if you want.....Just my personal opinion.

Hope 2018 brings it.

Last edited:
Great job Reiza! :thumbsup:

I thought the drift/dirt was coming with this build. Which of those are DLC to buy? Or are they free but come later outside the "final build" and the DLC is something else?

@Enagee
Did you try Vorpx? I saw a youtube video of someone playing AMS with VR. Looked pretty convincing to me, but I have to acknowledge I have never tried VR so I have zero experience with it except for what I read, hear or see.

Last edited:
Reiza, to me you have proven to be the best dev team within simracing land. Thank u for the hard and dedicated work. You have created a beautiful product. Happy new year to the whole team with lots of love, luck and health:inlove:

My AI does not overtake more in the straightsi, after I install the DLC 5.0. Is there anything I can do about it? Thanks
I have been testing out some 1 hour races using the eec mod and its great fighting with the ai.. They try and overtake every chance they get... They are a little slow in corner entry and exit but the do overtake.. I race on 103% difficulty and medium aggression :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.8%