- Apr 1, 2011
The Boxer Cup looks to essentially be a Porsche Carrera Cup car which, for fans of the sim, is a greatly appreciated addition considering much of the game's'obscure content'. Additionally if you've ever seen a Porsche Carrera Cup race, you'll know that the racing is brutally close, so there's that to look forward too.
Virginia International Raceway (VIR) is a massive addition to the game as it's a break away from the majority of Brazilian tracks found in game. Considered as one of America's Crown Jewel race tracks, VIR was first opened in 1957 and since then has been used for categories such as NASCAR, ISMA GT, the American Le Mans Series and the Rolex Sports Car Series.
- New track: Added Virginia International Raceway (3 layouts).
- New series: Added Boxer Cup series (hotfix to address team names will come up shortly).
- Fixed a bug with LCD displays that could cause the game to crash after loading a session in certain conditions.
- Added a Series .SRS auto-sort function - SRS files no longer need to be named "REIZAXX", and the game will automatically sort their main menu listing in alphabetical order, with original series coming first - slots REIZA01-28 & REIZA99 are reserved for Reiza original content, mods can use REIZA29 up to 99 OR any other name of the modder´s preference; New REIZAXX must be in upper-case.
- Added a reset sound event to mute replay sounds at the end of the replay.
- Added an extra state to virtual mirror cycle to display the in-car mirrors, but not the virtual mirrors.
- Added option for mapping multiple commands to the same key / button.
- Increased maximum race lap limit from 100 to 500.
- Added extra custom AI physics values to improve AI stability & re-callibrated AI performance for various series.
- Revised Portuguese, french & Spanish localization (work still in progress).
- Added parameter to define engine layout & orientation, and set cars with transverse engines (Marcas, Mini, Lancers, Karts) accordingly.
- Revised aeromap for several cars.
- Fixed bug with windshields of various cars becoming transparent at night.
- Reprofiled LCD displays for Superkart, SuperV8, StockV8, F-V12, F-Classic.
- Updated font alpha in all Motec-style displays & added a function to light up background when headlights are switched on.
- Updated sky textures & added 2 new packs.
- DynHUD: Fixed reading Config.ini with UTF-16 (This also fixes the "editor starting with white screen" bug); fixed editor to access the correct data folder; Improved viewport detection and change reaction; Renders on top of big monitor now; MapWidget now renders item positions correctly again; Improved on-track detection for MapWidget; Fixed textures to be properly updated after configuration loaded.
- Curitiba: Smoothed out section near 200m board in the main straight.
- Supertruck: revised tire physics.
- F-Vee: Fixed rollbar LOD distance.
- Opala: Fixed championship scoring not computing.
RaceDepartment have a huge selection of quality mods available to download for Automobilista right now, have a look at our AMS forum for download links and reviews, user created setups and of course you cannot forget our highly popular Automobilista Racing Club which will be featuring the new content as of immediately!