Automobilista crashing to desktop when trying to load track and car

It was working fine earlier today, but suddenly every time you do to drive, when you have the screen showing the track and the progress bar, once it gets to the end, it just junks out to desktop. I tried different cars and different tracks, no difference

Anyone seen this before, or know what this glitch is?

Cheers

Les

What graphics settings are you using? AMS can run out of memory of the settings you are using are too high. If not, verify your local files on Steam. Have you downloaded any new mods recently? That is most likely the cause. AMS has stopped working for me in the past and it's usually a mod that had installed an extra file that causes a conflict with your other mods.

No, no mods recently, but let me go and have a look at the graphics settings - though why that would have changed from this morning to this afternoon is beyond me. Mind you, I've had more bizarre things happen on the PC!

Cheers

Les

Guys, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it continues the same - there have been no hardware changes between it working in the morning and stopping working in the afternoon. Currently I have a dead game, is there anyone who can suggest anything?

Cheers

Les

Sorry for delaying, had to get some other bits and bobs out of the way first

Firstly, I ran the game using only Reiza cars and Reiza tracks, to check that a modded file didn't cause it ( I remember that from rFactor days) with no difference. Then I tried to lower the game specs in the configuration file, no help

I want to try the following "Run the game using the '-trace=2' command option through steam. This will produce a log in UserData\Log\trace.tx " but my knowledge of the system is not good enough, is there a more prescriptive description of how to do this? (remember my age, at 53 I'm not so hot on all this)

Cheers

Les

@Lesthegringo
1.open steam and right click Automobilista and select "Properties"
2. when the properties window open you ll see the Tabs, the first one is the "General"
3.at the mid of tab is says "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS", just click on it and enter any command option they told you

Guys, I went back to this today, as I hadn't had chance to get near my rig before now. I did the -trace=2 thing, started the game up.... and bugger me if it is all just working fine now! I did nothing, other than put that -trace=2 thing in

I'm happy it's working but perplexed as usual as to why these bizarre things happen....

Anyway, many thanks for your attention and assistance

Cheers

Les

its is strange cause not always crash but a bug appered recently and i cannot change from 60 to 75 hertz refresh rate at the game settings panel before enter game
very strange
always keep the 60hz even if i always change it to 75hz.....
any other saw that ?
just change feom 60 to 75 and open the settings again without load the game
check it guys

if anyone can help with trace file to explain wny i crash to desktop while at the end of loading screen right before enter the track.......
i post my trace file
PC specs
Ryzen 5 1600
mobo Asus B350 prime plus lastest bios and chipset drivers from AMD and asus
ram 16 giga G.skill DDR4 @2933 dual channel
game is installed on HDD drive
GPU RX 580 4giga AMD with drivers 20.3.1
Steering Wheel Fanatec CSL elite ps4 beta drivers 356 with Fanalab 1.23

Attachments

• trace.txt
    474.6 KB · Views: 180
Guys, I went back to this today, as I hadn't had chance to get near my rig before now. I did the -trace=2 thing, started the game up.... and bugger me if it is all just working fine now! I did nothing, other than put that -trace=2 thing in

I'm happy it's working but perplexed as usual as to why these bizarre things happen....

Anyway, many thanks for your attention and assistance

Cheers

Les
Hi, can you please share the command line you entered in the launch action

Quoting Mesfigas a bit further up the thread, this is teh set of instructions I followed

1. open steam and right click Automobilista and select "Properties"
2. when the properties window open you ll see the Tabs, the first one is the "General"
3. at the mid of tab is says "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS", just click on it and enter any command option they told you (at that point type in -trace=2 )

Cheers

Les

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back