AUTOMOBILISTA Coming To Steam Early Access Soon (Possibly not this Weekend)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Automobilista Motorsports Simulator.jpg

Reiza Studios have elected to release AUTOMOBILISTA Motorsports Simulator in Steam Early Access soon.

There are various reasons why we believe this to be a good move, most important of which is having a broader userbase for the development of the new Steam-based matchmaker and the new leaderboard system (along with some relevant features for both).

That means if you already have Stock Car Extreme activated on Steam and you bought it before January 6th, you will already be able to play Automobilista this weekend free of any extra charge! The game should be added to your library as soon as it´s released.

If you did not purchase Stock Car Extreme, Early Access will offer you a chance to get Automobilista with a 20% discount (which will gradually reduce as we approach the full release).

You can check out the Automobilista Motorsports Simulator store page here.

Below is the Steam Early Access questionnaire:

Why Early Access?
“While Automobilista is already at a very advanced stage of development, there are still some final pieces of content to be added to complete what is a very extensive package. The new simulation features and community tools will in turn benefit from testing with the broader user base we intend to gather during Early Access, not only from new comers but also everyone that purchased Stock Car Extreme before January 6th who will be getting Automobilista free of charge.”

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?

“We estimate Automobilista will have a relatively short Early Access stage, in between 30-60 days before full release.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“While the content base is largely complete, a couple of remaining new cars and tracks are still in development will be added to the base package during Early Access stage, along with further fine tuning of our large roster of cars and tracks.

New core simulation features and gameplay options are also in development and will be added over the course of Early Access.

Community-based features such as online leaderboards and the Steam-based matchmaker, along with new tools to enhance both online and single player competitions will be introduced and developed along Early Access stage.”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“The game is currently an advanced beta stage and 90% complete.”

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“Yes - we will begin early access 20% off the full release pricing, and gradually reduce that discount as we approach the full release.”

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
“Since Automobilista is free to everyone who purchased our previous title Stock Car Extreme before January 6th 2016, it should provide us a broader testing base for the development of our new Steam-based Matchmaker and Leaderboard systems, in order to make sure that upon release Automobilista is firing on all cylinders!”

EDIT: Sorry guys but we might not be able to get this out today as we´d planned :( Took us a bit longer than expected to get the build uploaded and Valve has changed their approval processes so it´s unlikely they will get it greenlit before next week (they don´t approve during or allow releases on saturday or sunday).

We´re pushing hard to try still get it cleared but I´d like to prepare you for the fact we may not, in which case I offer you my apologies for getting this wrong.

Last edited:
Well, i think it's pretty much nitpicking if AMS should be called a new game or just updated GSCE.
That's really just philosophical, because what are new titles other than an old game with updated graphics, a nicer UI and improved gameplay (=physics and AI in racing sims)?

Reiza17 will be pretty much the same.
If i'm not mistaken it will run on isiMotor2 with some essential upgrade of gMotor to allow DX12 and the rest? An even further improved version of AMS.
In contrary to many other genres, simracing has only very little potential for new gameplay mechanics.

I doubt that it will run in DX12. Should just be DX9.
They boughts the full rights to the engine, so they could change some things, and to add a few extra's, but that doesn't mean it will be a new engine. I can't speak for the full release, but some early stuff looked still very outdated. But that doesn't mean it will be bad.

They boughts the full rights to the engine, so they could change some things, and to add a few extra's, but that doesn't mean it will be a new engine. I can't speak for the full release, but some early stuff looked still very outdated. But that doesn't mean it will be bad.
The indiegogo campaign site says that the upcoming game (not AMS) will feature DX12.
And as far as i know there are no screenshots of the upcoming title around?

You don`t have to use ISI graphic engine and still use their physics engine (R3E for example ...) ...

10am start? Jesus, I would love to work at Valve :)
And they don't work on weekends too! :roflmao: Hence the postponed release…
But don't rush applying there: if the update goes live at 10AM, it means they already checked all was good so they probably start working earlier… I cannot imagine they start at 10AM and put the update live while they are still having their first coffee… ;)

i guess it depends how much games are in approval line .. AMS being probably last one that comming through before weekend could mean it will be last to get approval ...if they are using FIFO system .. but that it just wild guessing :)

It seems that Steam shows now March 2016 as release date.
Steam still shows release date 26.2.2016 and availability: march 2016 .. so perhaps march is for those who don`t own SCE and will get the option to buy in early access with that discount ...that would make sense ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%