Automobilista build v0.9.4 released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Automobilista Update 0.9.4.jpg

Ever impressive Brazilian development team Reiza Studios have released version 0.9.4 of the Steam Early Access title Automobilista and with it brings a number of useful updates to the game.

Notable enhancements include work on in-game shaders and lighting to bring about a more accurate and realistic feel to the many unique circuits. Work on improving particle display from dust and dirt kicked up by cars on track has been undertaken and could support better performance as well as stutter reduction for some users.

Alongside today's game update Reiza have also confirmed a new detailed development roadmap currently being finalised. Keep an eye out on RaceDepartment for more details as and when they become available.

Build v0.9.4 changelog below:

• Fixed UI bug that could cause game to crash when clicking to exit it
  • Adjusted shaders & environment RGB settings for some lighting & color accuracy improvements
  • Adjusted AI slip reaction (improving reaction to front wheel grip loss)
  • Slightly improved collision detection & reaction (also slightly improves AI awareness to other cars)
  • Corrected TV Cockpit camera orientation rate in several cars
  • Fixed error which caused dust smoke from the dirt side of the road to be almost invisible (might actually resolve some performance / stuttering issues too)
  • Fixed bug with Salvador & Ribeirão dynamic road conditions not working
  • DynHUD: TelemetryInfo.mLapDistance is zeroed before crossing S/F line in a race session; Fixed NPE in LaptimesRecorder
  • Further tweaking to AI behavior to tone down aggression in close racing conditions (does not apply to mod cars or tracks unless these use the same AIW values)
  • Corrected AI qualifying performance in several tracks (were missing the ratio parameter that makes AI slightly faster in quali)
  • VIR: Tweaked road spec and changed event dates, updated skies accordingly
  • Spielberg (all versions): Shot down misplaced birds
  • Boxer Cup: LOD optimization; corrected skin alpha channels; callibrated AI performance; tweaked default Setup & tire physics
  • F-Extreme: Fixed bug with DRS flap opening not being visible; Fixed visibility of driver arms in T-Cam; Corrected wheel mount position & RPM leds; Set minimal weight to 702kg as per 2015 rules; adjusted weight distribution & tire physics
  • F-Reiza: Adjusted tire physics; Corrected wheel mount position & RPM leds
  • F-V10: Adjusted traction control scale levels
  • F-3: Corrected onboard cameras
  • Opalas: Fixed shift light not working
Whilst the recent build update contains many fixes and improvements to a title already shaping up nicely during this Early Access phase a couple of legacy issues still remain from previous versions. The in game DynHUD is still prone to freezing in Multiplayer when switching to race and saved multiplayer replays continue to present the appearance of floating cars when on track. Reiza advise they intend to address these issues in the next update, along with some other Multiplayer-related tasks.

Check out the RaceDepartment Automobilista forum for mods, news and discussions as well as our mighty AMS Club Racing scene.

Have you enjoyed AMS so far during Early Access? What do you think of the new update? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I am not sure about everyone else but i really, really, really would like to see a championship editor for reiza.. A tool where you can select a number of tracks then a car class or 2 or 3 :p Then it creates a series file that we can just output to reiza series folder... I am not a coder by any means just a basic modder and painter otherwise i would work on a tool like this myself.. But i just thought i would drop this here so a coder or more experienced person with Reiza programs can see :)

Happy racing all....

• Deleted member 130869

This is probably the most OT thing ever but if you scare a seagull it will sh*t and p*ke as it tries to take-off. Often see this when our cats try to chase them. Not sure if that is for weight saving or just to distract the chaser.

It could be from the sudden strain! I've chased off a flock of many dozens of geese, and a few sh*t themselves while taking off.

People talking of excrement storms... Such fowl language. Seagulls are hard to shoot down on account of their random flight patterns, I'm sure Reiza just had to wing it.

I'll see myself out.

Did someone has noticed that with the release of the 0.9.41 build a line has been added to SRS files and for each GDB track file ?

The line is : ID=20 (for example) that I assume it means "identification"; but what's the purpose ?

Luca.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 110 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 83 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%
  • < 5 years