Automobilista Build 1.4.76 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Automobilista Updated.png

Automobilista has been updated and with it several important fixes have been brought to the simulation.

Those of us running Windows 10 will have noticed a rather annoying tendency for Automobilista to crash on a regular basis following the latest update from Microsoft. This has been addressed by way of a new build update, alongside many other minor and major issues currently outstanding with the latest racing simulation from Reiza Studios.

Released today to the Steam network, the new build, dubbed 1.4.76, is another sizable release as Reiza look to bring development to a close on what has been a fairly major rate of progress on the Brazilian studio's latest sim racing PC title.

Although the new build offers many fixes and improvements, players who have previously experienced difficulties with the DynHUD causing crashes should keep the automatic disabling of this feature turned on. If however no previous issues have been experienced, players can re enable the setting by unticking the option to disable it in AMS Config.

It is also worth noting that Reiza have introduced advanced AntiAliasing settings in the Config application for Nvidia users. This should auto upgrade as part of the new build, however it is advisable to manually check this is indeed the case.

Below is the Changelog for v1.4.72 -> v1.4.76:
  • Added Config app option to disable DynHUD, disabled by default while some reliability issues are worked on (if you experienced no problems you may re-enable DynHUD by unticking the option in AMS Config)
  • Added support for advanced Nvidia Control Panel settings in the Config application so Nvidia Antialiasing settings can be configured straight from AMS Config)
  • Added Driving Line Aid (it adapts in real time to how fast you are going to give you updated information)
  • Speed Sensitivity is now customized for each vehicle
  • Added dynamic ambient / track temperatures, configurable via Track GDB, & configured ambient Track Temps at all default circuits according to real weather data
  • Corrected sunrise / sunset times for better accuracy
  • Season Tool: Fix userdata failure when Windows username contains non ascii latin1 characters
  • Added FFB for XInput Devices (may require loading of Controller Preset of Xbox Controller for it to start working, depending on your current settings. Support for one XInput FFB device only, limits all FFB to 90hz)
  • Added Refresh Connected Devices button to Controllers page, available from main & in-session menus
  • Made XInput built in deadzones configurable in the Controller.ini (also halved the amount from previous build)
  • Minor tweaks to Controller Damping Presets
  • Added Dedicated Server options to allow driving line or not
  • Added options to use predefined profiles in Dedicated Server and in Game Server for game difficulty
  • Made game DPIAware, so that the game formats correctly on PCs using non 100% scaling setting
  • Added actual game version to the Windows game window
  • Tweaked Tool Tip and Icon placement top right of screens in general
  • Adjusted Difficulty Settings page to be more organized
  • Added long spinner UI option so text doesn't get cut off with Controller Profile names or User Profile names
  • Adjusted In Game Monitor screen, tidied up the UI in general and organized. Added Session Info button which shows the general information about the current session. Online adjusted vote and server details options. Added Servername and Message of the day to the Server Info button.
  • Adjusted Garage page to hide pit stop options when pits not available. Made Session Info accessible from Garage Page and reorganized UI elements slightly
  • Reorganized Setup File browser and added non editable notes element to the Setup Browser
  • Improved AI Behaviour on Formation / Standing Start
  • Improved AI Behaviour behind Safety Car on Rolling Starts and SC periods
  • Adjusted Safety Car to take Fastest Line rather than a middle of the road line
  • AI cars now lift less under blue flag in race condition, and not at all in practice / qual for other AI cars as a temporary measure to avoid AI cars going off track (better blue flag logic currently under development)
  • Foz: Updated terrain textures to latest standards
  • Ibarra: fixed inner collision corridor at hairpin; fixed the headlight beams going up to the mountains; fixed specular levels on the road patches; slight tweak to AI performance
  • Adelaide: Fixed AI lining up after formation lap
  • Ascurra: Updated terrain textures to latest standards
  • Velopark: Updated model to feature 2017 modifications & terrain textures to latest standards
  • SuperV8: Adjusted fuel consumption estimates

Important note for Logitech G29 / G920 users: Support for auto rotation is still on a dedicated Beta Branch labeled v1.4.7_G29. Further instructions as to how to switch to a beta branch here.

If you have a bug to report please use the new bug report thread (make sure to check the opening post first).

If you experience any issues running the game following the update, it´s worth running a Steam Integrity Check to make sure all files have been added / updated correctly.

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing simulation available from Steam.

Like mods? Looking to add plenty of new content to your Automobilista install? Well lucky you, we have an awesome AMS Modding Forum you can check view to download plenty of great community content! Don't forget playing games with others is fun too, so check out the AMS Racing Club sub forum for details of the many great online club race events we host on a regular basis here at RD.

What are your impressions of the new update? Happy with how AMS is progressing as it nears development end? Any specific things you would like to see addressed before the game reaches its final finished state? Let us know in the comments section below!

Is there a way to disable some things in DynaHud like the tire temps, or is it more or less all or nothing ?
You can customize DynHUD to your liking, including adding or removing widgets (from though you're limited to those that are included by default, you can't add custom ones), there's an editor included with the game.

So.... Is there an improvement in the ai now especially at the start?

It was mentioned in release notes from last beta too, but none of the problematic series and starts that I experience have been improved. Simple test: Minis at Brasilia Full. Always chaos at the start line. Other series are much better, but some are not and there is still a systemic issue or two to iron out.

It was mentioned in release notes from last beta too, but none of the problematic series and starts that I experience have been improved. Simple test: Minis at Brasilia Full. Always chaos at the start line. Other series are much better, but some are not and there is still a systemic issue or two to iron out.
I really hope they can get it right. They are so close!

I'm so happy the deadzone problem is solved, thank you so much Reiza.
i see in the patch note, that previous amount build was avalaible, bu i do not know wich value i have to edit, and wich value is bring me back 1.4.5.4 controller built feeling in the controller.ini

The dynHUD has disapeared,on the options for me , i have only "off" and "native"
I'm searching for Dyn proHUD, if anyone know the answer :thumbsup:
Thanks to Reiza for the hard work, my favourite game is back.

I'm so happy the deadzone problem is solved, thank you so much Reiza.
i see in the patch note, that previous amount build was avalaible, bu i do not know wich value i have to edit, and wich value is bring me back 1.4.5.4 controller built feeling in the controller.ini

The dynHUD has disapeared,on the options for me , i have only "off" and "native"
I'm searching for Dyn proHUD, if anyone know the answer :thumbsup:
Thanks to Reiza for the hard work, my favourite game is back.
Dynhud is disabled for now due last Windows update causing problems... You can enable it in Automobilista config.

@CMGARAGE Ok, thank you, I was not sure on how to understand it...
I didnt quite understand when i was unticking that box (advanced antialiasing) and it said "advanced antialiasing will use nvidia control panel settings". Ok, cool, but shouldnt it say that only when you tick it? If you untick it shouldnt say anything OR it should say "Automobilista will use its own AA when unticked). Or something similar. But i left it ticked and "user defined" and i had 4xAA in nvidia control panel and it works. It uses NvCPL AA.

The other thing i noticed, and was happy about, was headphone surround sound. Sounded great! But some cars their shifting sounds seem to be outside of the volume/speaker range so you hear it but its so silent. Like it fell outside of the speaker range. For example the trainer that came with Brit Pack. You can hear the shifter sound but it sound like its miles away really quiet.

Anywhoo, tiny issues. AMS looks, feels and sounds great now. Reiza has done such an epic job with this title. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back