Automobilista Back on Steam!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Automobilista Returns to Steam.jpg

Reiza Studios have again made available for purchase new racing simulator Automobilista Motorsports Simulator after a recent Copyright Infringement claim forced the Brazilian studio to withdraw the title from Steam.

On March 29th 2016 small Brazilian development team Reiza Studios were forced to withdraw from sale new racing simulator Automobilista Motorsports Simulator (AMS) due to an undisclosed copyright claim by an external party.

At the time of withdrawal Reiza's Renato Simioni rightfully refused to confirm details of the claim other than stating that no specific reference to content allegedly in breach of copyright has been referenced.

As is the rules with any such DMCA claim if the claiming party fail to escalate the claim to the courts within two weeks of the initial notice (i.e. no actual legal motion against what has been claimed to be in breach of copyright) then the subject of said claim can return to its original position and resume sale.

This is a fantastic piece of news for the sim racing community in general and Reiza Studios in particular as AMS is showing signs of being a significant step forward from previous titles produced by the studio.

Automobilista Returns to Steam 2.jpg

Indeed despite much speculation and suggestions from the sim racing community no official confirmation of the copyright claim and content claimed against has been released by either Reiza or the claiming party. It is advisable to not begin speculation on this subject again and just simply rejoice that the potential impact on both Reiza and the sim racing scene in general has been minimal and studios such as Reiza can continue releasing high quality racing tracks and vehicles for sim racing enthusiasts to enjoy.

The whole episode has been an unfortunate blot on what is otherwise an enjoyable pastime for many people and I for one am glad that common sense has prevailed and we can all get on with what we enjoy most: Racing these wonderful machines.

Don't forget to check out the RaceDepartment Automobilista Forum for top quality Club Racing, gossip news and chat as well as a comprehensive (ahem) Mods section.

So its back! Do you think the temporary withdrawal from Steam sale has helped or hindered the progress of Reiza's latest title? If you didn't have it before, will you be getting it now? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
I even like some of them more ... always went for redbull or generic "one color" as I didn`t liked other too much and have no relation to real life F1 liveries .. now I like at least 2-3 .. so I`m fine with it :)

Last edited:
Looking on the bright side of things, it's often said that "There's no such thing as bad publicity", and hopefully AMS will sell even more units as a result of all this © nonsense.

Keep up the good work Reiza :thumbsup:

Repainted skins for several fictional series

but...

Added extra information & reprofiled dashboard displays to better represent real counterparts (for Lancer Cup, Marcas, F-Extreme, Metalmoro MR18)

I love this.
Is like...
Reiza: "Okay okay, we do less formula in the looks and we are back on store, okay?"
DMCA Claimer: "Okay".
Reiza (whispers): "We'll do more formula in the inmersion too"...

Respect for Reiza.

So the Formula Extreme, aside form having some new paint schemes, also feels a lot less stiff than the last version and much more like itself from SCE. New display is also neat.

Now the other side, the font on the new FExtreme displays is hard to read and could probably be done a bit better. I can't imagine it's much good to people who play with wider FOV than I use. Also maybe its my imagination but it feels like flatspotting is a whole lot less punishing, at least for the FExtreme's tires. I couldn't do anything to them that made it feel like I needed to pit whereas in real life we know it can actually tear the car apart.

All in all its great to have the game back on steam store.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back