Automobilista 2 V1.2.1.0 is now live

Kryztov

Premium
Automobilista 2 has now been updated to v1.2.1.0 - this is another complementary update to our v1.2 release, following a good week of bug-hunting and further improvements.

The update also expands visual seasonal variations to a new location, as all versions of Silverstone now feature seasonal foliage.

V1.2.0.8 -> V1.2.1.0 CHANGELOG

GENERAL

• Fixed an issue that could lead to CTD on loading screen when using French localization in some instances
  • Fixed an issue that could lead to CTD when selecting an existing championship save in some instances
  • Fixed real weather in championships sometimes loading from wrong location.
  • Fixed incorrect track info when saving vehicle setups in championship mode
  • Added default compound assignments to various series that didn´t have one, fixing bug that could cause CTD during pitstops
  • Fixed inconsistencies in various similar material settings which could cause slick tires to become completely gripless in certain surfaces when very wet

UI & HUD

• Added "ENABLE ANALOGUE INPUTS IN MENU" option to 'Controller > Configuration' options screen to disable analogue inputs in menus. Defaults to disabled for wheels with presets available and can be set per input type

PHYSICS

• Added updated traction control scaling for cars that have the device
  • Fixed error in Caterham Supersport tire tread
  • Minor adjustments to GTE, GT3, Stock Car tire treads
  • Minor suspension geometry & wheel rate multiplier adjustments for cars in GTE, GT3, GT4, GT5, Ginetta G40, Stock Cars, Sprint Race, F3 classes
  • Adjusted front splitter height sensitivity for Ginetta G55, Camaro GT4R, BMW M4, Stock Car 2020/2021
  • Minor diffuser aero revisions & BoP pass to GT3 cars
  • Minor aero revisions for Ultima GTR Race
  • Fixed error in camber ranges of Metalmoro MRX, Montana
  • Various aero & default setup adjustments for Metalmoro MRX, Roco
  • Adjusted default power ramp angle in Mclaren GT4, GT3, C8.R, Sprint Race & Stock Cars
  • Mclaren 720S GT3: Revised diffuser, front brakes, ride height range & default settings
  • Mclaren 570S GT3: Adjusted rear ride height
  • Fixed corrected GTE fuel capacity from a previous build which had been reversed by accident
  • Enabled onboard adjustable roll bars for MCR2000
  • Reenabled refuelling in formula series that shouldn´t have them allowed (this will be added back as an option later)

AI

• GTE, GT3 AI performance callibration pass
  • Adjusted speed AI can sustain while running off the ideal racing line
  • Increased 2020 AI Grip at Silverstone 2020
  • Adjusted AI for slightly lateral swerving in urgent reaction at max aggression / slightly higher concede drops, lower boosts during overtaking conditions

TRACKS

• Added seasonal foliage to Silverstone (all versions)
  • Long Beach: Fix tire wall adverts material issue; removed wandering fence poles from T8 runoff; Revised pit lane exit limits, Cheat block follows the yellow (was blue) pit exit line.
  • Hockenheim Historics: Minor performance pass; Revised startlight glows
  • Slight zoom tweaks to Long Beach & updated FOV at Interlagos trackside cameras to minimise shimmering

VEHICLES

• Ginetta G58 P1: Added 6 new liveries
  • Added day running lights to Porsche Cup, Metalmoro AJR, Stock Cars
  • Porsche Cayman GT4: Add Pirelli tire branding to the sidewall

This lack of buttons assignment for important features is for me a "No Go" from now on.
I cannot understand such a way of doing things in a motor racing simulation.
I cannot understand that it may not be adapted or changed by Reiza ... hoping that the problem is not a Madness native problem.

The biggest problem is "Enter or Accept" "return or exit" are not possible wheel assignments but only forced ones according to your wheel.
After 30 minutes in AMS2 and 5 mistakes of exit at the wrong moment ( my buttons are for all other sims the contrary of the ones chosen by PC2 for the T300RS ) ... I let this AMS2 sleep until next update.
I hope it will not finish in rubbish bag with Project Car 1 and 2.

Please Reiza, change it if possible ... if not possible ... that'll be done for good now. I'm bored.

This lack of buttons assignment for important features is for me a "No Go" from now on.
I cannot understand such a way of doing things in a motor racing simulation.
I cannot understand that it may not be adapted or changed by Reiza ... hoping that the problem is not a Madness native problem.

The biggest problem is "Enter or Accept" "return or exit" are not possible wheel assignments but only forced ones according to your wheel.
After 30 minutes in AMS2 and 5 mistakes of exit at the wrong moment ( my buttons are for all other sims the contrary of the ones chosen by PC2 for the T300RS ) ... I let this AMS2 sleep until next update.
I hope it will not finish in rubbish bag with Project Car 1 and 2.

Please Reiza, change it if possible ... if not possible ... that'll be done for good now. I'm bored.
They are working on changing it. They said it was not an easy thing to do a while ago. So yeah, we must wait.

I hope they finally find the solution ... if that's not an easy thing to do, that 's surely because that's a famous stupid Madness idea at the start.
Sorry for them but PC1 and PC2 were wasted money for me....
and a third time should be the very last one .... I supported Reiza buying until now their DLCs but that was the last time until it is solved.

NB if the wheel might not be automatically recognized by the game as a T300RS but a special wheel, maybe all assignments might be possible ... at least those 2 ones included

Last edited:
OK, I've been doing some offline testing.
Now, I've seen "bad AI" out there, but AMS2's AI is on a whole new level.
On a single lap on the Nordschleife I've encountered 3 blockages caused by spinning AI, one case where a car was stopped on the middle of the track (and another AI bashed onto him).... Damn.

And the AI seem to have some sort of rubber banding as well. Case in point: I started from the back on a 115% AI strength. I gained about 10 positions. I'm following this AI car (which has the same pace as all the other AI cars) and virtually kissing his rear. The AI car behind me was 50 m away, but on the next corner he's suddenly kissing my rear end.

Also, they're super aggressive, going on the grass trying to pass and spinning, poking their noses where there's no space at all.

I love almost everything about this game, but racing with the AI on AMS2 has been a very frustrating experience. One of the worse AI I've ever seen.

Last edited:
they're super aggressive, going on the grass trying to pass and spinning, poking their noses where there's no space at all.

I love almost everything about this game, but racing with the AI on AMS2 has been a very frustrating experience. One of the worse AI I've ever seen.
I know everyone's experience is different but I think they are pretty good, depending on the aggression settings. I haven't tried them on Nords (which I would imagine is a nightmare to code) but the various combos I have tried they were not at all bad, not up to RaceRoom (which I regard as the gold standard for AI) but not half bad.

I know everyone's experience is different but I think they are pretty good, depending on the aggression settings. I haven't tried them on Nords (which I would imagine is a nightmare to code) but the various combos I have tried they were not at all bad, not up to RaceRoom (which I regard as the gold standard for AI) but not half bad.
I was racing Cadwell Park last night in the Porsche Cup car. AI at 105/96 and I was pretty blown away by how good the AI was.

That track is extremely narrow and pretty complex, and yet the AI handled it great. The only criticism I have is that there was one corner where I could nearly always overtake (but that’s kinda realistic).

In contrast to that, they can be pretty annoying on some tracks, Nurb definitely included.

Reiza will get there I think, it’s just a matter of time. The game has lots of minor niggles, but Reiza are diligently working through them in order of priority.

Last edited:
Great now my game crashes at launch, right after the studio logo. Uninstalled and reinstalled, that did not solved it. Any ideas on how to solve this?
When was the last time you played it? Do you use a Logitech wheel? There was talk that the latest version of ghub is causing this crash.

Maybe try -
Step by step fix:
Go to Logitech Support (Logitech G Hub) Logitech G HUB
2. Click in "Show All Downloads", choose you OS version (Windows 10 in my particular case) and scroll down until you find Software Version 2021.3.5164
Download and install Logitech G Hub Software Version 2021.3.5164
4. Immediately go to Settings and unmark the "Activate Auto Updates" checkbox.
5.Reconfigure every hardware you like and you're good to go.

@BorisK @Amanda @Jempy From today's June Development Update notes:

On the Physics side, the biggest incoming development is the competion of the Traction Control system revamp that we´ve been working on through this cycle, as well as adding input binding to adjust both TC & ABS in-car (and not just via ICM as it is currently).

Still on the topic of input bindings, by the end of the month we hope to offer the often-requested option to map multiple commands to the same key or button.

:)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 233 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%