Automobilista 2 V1.2.1.0 is now live

Kryztov

Premium
Automobilista 2 has now been updated to v1.2.1.0 - this is another complementary update to our v1.2 release, following a good week of bug-hunting and further improvements.

The update also expands visual seasonal variations to a new location, as all versions of Silverstone now feature seasonal foliage.

V1.2.0.8 -> V1.2.1.0 CHANGELOG

GENERAL

• Fixed an issue that could lead to CTD on loading screen when using French localization in some instances
  • Fixed an issue that could lead to CTD when selecting an existing championship save in some instances
  • Fixed real weather in championships sometimes loading from wrong location.
  • Fixed incorrect track info when saving vehicle setups in championship mode
  • Added default compound assignments to various series that didn´t have one, fixing bug that could cause CTD during pitstops
  • Fixed inconsistencies in various similar material settings which could cause slick tires to become completely gripless in certain surfaces when very wet

UI & HUD

• Added "ENABLE ANALOGUE INPUTS IN MENU" option to 'Controller > Configuration' options screen to disable analogue inputs in menus. Defaults to disabled for wheels with presets available and can be set per input type

PHYSICS

• Added updated traction control scaling for cars that have the device
  • Fixed error in Caterham Supersport tire tread
  • Minor adjustments to GTE, GT3, Stock Car tire treads
  • Minor suspension geometry & wheel rate multiplier adjustments for cars in GTE, GT3, GT4, GT5, Ginetta G40, Stock Cars, Sprint Race, F3 classes
  • Adjusted front splitter height sensitivity for Ginetta G55, Camaro GT4R, BMW M4, Stock Car 2020/2021
  • Minor diffuser aero revisions & BoP pass to GT3 cars
  • Minor aero revisions for Ultima GTR Race
  • Fixed error in camber ranges of Metalmoro MRX, Montana
  • Various aero & default setup adjustments for Metalmoro MRX, Roco
  • Adjusted default power ramp angle in Mclaren GT4, GT3, C8.R, Sprint Race & Stock Cars
  • Mclaren 720S GT3: Revised diffuser, front brakes, ride height range & default settings
  • Mclaren 570S GT3: Adjusted rear ride height
  • Fixed corrected GTE fuel capacity from a previous build which had been reversed by accident
  • Enabled onboard adjustable roll bars for MCR2000
  • Reenabled refuelling in formula series that shouldn´t have them allowed (this will be added back as an option later)

AI

• GTE, GT3 AI performance callibration pass
  • Adjusted speed AI can sustain while running off the ideal racing line
  • Increased 2020 AI Grip at Silverstone 2020
  • Adjusted AI for slightly lateral swerving in urgent reaction at max aggression / slightly higher concede drops, lower boosts during overtaking conditions

TRACKS

• Added seasonal foliage to Silverstone (all versions)
  • Long Beach: Fix tire wall adverts material issue; removed wandering fence poles from T8 runoff; Revised pit lane exit limits, Cheat block follows the yellow (was blue) pit exit line.
  • Hockenheim Historics: Minor performance pass; Revised startlight glows
  • Slight zoom tweaks to Long Beach & updated FOV at Interlagos trackside cameras to minimise shimmering

VEHICLES

• Ginetta G58 P1: Added 6 new liveries
  • Added day running lights to Porsche Cup, Metalmoro AJR, Stock Cars
  • Porsche Cayman GT4: Add Pirelli tire branding to the sidewall

I was hoping they were TC presets like ACC or R3E to tweak while racing (6-8 positions), but it looks no. Three None / Low / High positions remain.
I think, but I can't be sure, that those are three global settings, akin to artificial driving aids. (Reiza's UI can be confusing at first glance. Until the AMS2 manual appears, please consult the forums for definitive information on the matter.) There are also individual TC settings for each car that has TC in real life: these can be selected in the car setup menu or while driving via the ICM menu. Reiza improved the TC in the last update but will probably tweak it further.

Last edited:
Those are three global settings, akin to artificial driving aids. (Reiza's UI can be confusing at first glance.) There are also individual TC settings for each car that has TC in real life: these can be selected in the car setup menu or while driving via the ICM menu. Reiza improved the TC in the last update but will probably tweak it further.
As far as I understand, if I choose "authentic" in the difficulty settings for TC and ABS, then these three positions give the ability to select the level during the race (if the car allows it) within the limits set in the car settings. Right?

Is anyone having this issue with the BMW M1 ProCar in replays. I can go out, not touch a wall or anything, but the headlight covers are missing in the replays. I addressed it a 2 or 3 weeks ago in the official forum, but never heard anything.
20210627162115_1.jpg

As far as I understand, if I choose "authentic" in the difficulty settings for TC and ABS, then these three positions give the ability to select the level during the race (if the car allows it) within the limits set in the car settings. Right?
If you choose "authentic" and the car model has TC, you will be able to choose the level of TC on a scale of 1 to 10. (I'm trying to remember the exact number because I don't have AMS2 installed at the moment.) Those three settings you mentioned are global settings for the game itself, although I might be wrong on this. Rather than give you incorrect information because I can't check it for myself, it might be a good idea if you ask about this at the Reiza forum - unless anyone here wants to chip in. :)

Last edited:
Tweaking simple stuff like TC through a menu is just a horrible idea. All other games allow us to change TC/ABS through the wheel. AMS2 allows to change the brake bias through the wheel (using simple buttons), so they should do the same with TC and ABS.
Absolutely. Race sims need the real world environment so, if a car can adhust X on the fly while on track, it's only logical too make the sim that way. AC, ACC, rF2 etc work that way. Pcars and Pcars2 didn't and that's because they were a step below on simulation.

Absolutely. Race sims need the real world environment so, if a car can adhust X on the fly while on track, it's only logical too make the sim that way. AC, ACC, rF2 etc work that way. Pcars and Pcars2 didn't and that's because they were a step below on simulation.
Exactly. If texting and driving is dangerous, can you imagine racing and going back and forth on menus? That's a recipe for carnage lol

Tweaking simple stuff like TC through a menu is just a horrible idea. All other games allow us to change TC/ABS through the wheel. AMS2 allows to change the brake bias through the wheel (using simple buttons), so they should do the same with TC and ABS.
Agreed. Hopefully, Reiza will add key bindings for TC & ABS. Searching a menu for these settings while driving is not much fun.

I suggest to try the GT3 without ABS/TC (both set to 0 in advanced setup). Much more interesting like this. The McLaren 720S with its latest adjustments in 1.2.1.0 is blowing my mind on the Nords.

Last edited:

yep thats the jist of it. Well said. If only Reiza could devote more time to these kinds of things but I think we have seen the limits of the engine. I bet you the poor guys are there trying to plug out holes in a leaky dam wall, having to work with that lump of code can't be that wonderful.
I suggest to try the GT3 without ABS/TC (both set to 0 in advanced setup). Much more interesting like this. The McLaren 720S with its latest adjustments in 1.2.1.0 is blowing my mind on the Nords.

its blowing your mind because its become the most 'simcade' car in the game. I do actually like it and its fun enough to blast down the track, but how long that will be the case is any one's guess as the seams begin to show and the silliness of the plastic physics take hold. Its probably the same reason that in my spare time I don't long to play grid 2019 despite it being 'fun' too.

Its simcade. The title is not tracking all that great with these things.

Last edited:
Anybody can explain me this:
"Added updated traction control scaling for cars that have the device" ?
Its improved the way TC works, before if you turned it up to its highest value (so it kicks in earlier) in setups, and then also set it to high (how strong it is) in car, it had a problem where it just simply impared the revs and stopped the car from accelerating. Now it works like it should and just stops tire spin. If you wanna see the effect of whats been done in a bit more detail skip to 10 mins into this video, where I try to show this:

@BorisK @Amanda I'm sorry but it looks like I gave you incorrect information about TC. :redface: (As I don't have AMS2 installed at the moment, I was relying on my poor memory and got things wrong.) Although this isn't officially confirmed, the TC apparently works like this:

TC 1-10 controls how much slip ratio is allowed before the TC kicks in.
Off/Low/High controls how much the throttle is cut whenever TC kicks in.

The @Tarmac Terrorist video above shows it working.

Again, my apologies for getting this wrong. I did say the AMS2 UI is confusing! :whistling:

Last edited:
@BorisK @Amanda I'm sorry but it looks like I gave you incorrect information about TC. :redface: (As I don't have AMS2 installed at the moment, I was relying on my poor memory and got things wrong.) Although this isn't officially confirmed, the TC apparently works like this:

The @Tarmac Terrorist video above shows it working.

Apologies again for getting this wrong. I did say the AMS2 UI is confusing! :whistling:
Yes I must admit (as i said in video) i would prefer to be able to just turn it from 0 to whatever number the cars system goes to from in car, like you can in ACC or RF2. But damn chffed its working correctly now!

OK. But what I mean is that I want control of the 0-11 setting while in the car and not having to go through menus ;)

More specifically through this red wheel thing, which is what I use to control TC (0-11) on all other sims I play.
1625000417337.png

OK. But what I mean is that I want control of the 0-11 setting while in the car and not having to go through menus ;)
Agree. This two-level control is redundant. When I select TC Off (and ABS) by buttons, in ICM Menu TC/ABS becomes disabled. It is confusing. I understand that this is the legacy of the Madness Engine (ex-gMotor), but in rF2 and R3E all this was decided a long time ago.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 333 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing