Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.8 is now live

Kryztov

Premium
Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.8 is now live - this is another complementary update to the v1.2 release from a couple of weeks ago, fixing some recent and long-standing bugs that could the game to crash under some circunstances.

If you still experience any instability while running AMS2 specially following an update, it´s worth running through the checklist below:

1- Verify the integrity of game files via Steam to ensure your installation doesn´t have any faulty or corrupted files

2- While you should not need to regularly delete your DocumentsAutomobilista 2 folder to start a fresh profile every month, some users have reported that starting fresh helped them solve a few issues, specially handling / controller related ones

3- If you experience freezes, CTDs or stutters, double check the applications you have running in the background via Task Manager, close the ones that aren´t essential to see if they might be interfering with the game functionality

4- If you experience crashes running with shadows on Ultra since V1.2 release, try switching it down to High - High is the equivalent of pre V1.2 Ultra, with the latest update making Ultra a bit more demanding on certain GPUs.

5- If you own a G923 and are experiencing issues with game freezing on startup, this topic features some good recommendations

V1.2.0.8 also adds an art revision including seasonal foliage to all variants of Imola, adding to the beautiful scenery around the iconic Italian track.
dfa6cad6efe47bce416e4f243563fbab999abdec.jpg

V1.2.0.8 CHANGELOG

GENERAL

• Fixed an issue that could lead to CTD at session start in some cases
  • Fixed an issue that could cause a CTD when using pit strategy selection list in multiplayer sessions
  • Adjusted Livetrack Grip Range
  • Minor revisions to shadow cascading parameters from cockpit view
  • Increased number of hourly real weather forecast slots to allow simulated 24 hour sessions with no slot re-use

UI & HUD

• Fixed incorrect help text on some instances of Live Track Preset option
  • Fixed missing localization of Damage > Rear Aero input label on pit strategy editor
  • Fixed German localization typo on pite exit blend line tip text
  • Fixed French text displaying on German localization on telemetry HUD tip
  • Updated various environmental/technical terms in Spanish localization

PHYSICS & AI

• Further tire tread fine-tuning for Proto classes, GTs, Stock Cars, F-Retros, Procar, Group A, Group C, F-Ultimate
  • Mercedes AMG GT3: Adjusted default engine brake map
  • F-UItimate: Increased FFB Max Force range; adjusted default diff settings
  • Fixed error in Mini dampers & disabled redundant fast damper range
  • AI: Adjusted aggression scalars and care with player for tintops; reduced throttle response time for GTE & GT3; callibrated GTE, GT3 & StockCars
  • Adjusted AI Grip for Imola & added corner-specific speed boosts to Piratella, Acque Minerali, Rivazza
  • Cascais Added AI corner boost to last corner
  • Interlagos: Adjusted AI lines & corridor changes at Mergulho and Arquibancadas for improved behavior; Added speed slowdowns on pitlane exit path

AUDIO

• Adjusted rumble strip sound frequency
  • Further surface sound optimizations
  • Surface sound filtering present only on roadnoise/skid sounds (Grass & dirt excluded)

TRACKS

• Spa-Francorchamps 1993: Add dynamic cones
  • Velopark: Center start trigger across track and pit lane width
  • Added seasonal foliage to all Imola variants
  • Laguna Seca: Fixed curbs uv1/uv2; Add more remaining trackside objects; adjusted glow on the start lights
  • Imola: Fix wall collision error

VEHICLES

• Camaro GT4.R: Added 3 new liveries
  • Helmet cameras: Reworked the helmet cams meshes and materials for the Modern formula, GT modern, club, 70s and 80s. now support triple screen/ultra wide (54 to 89 degrees of FOV)
  • Fixed RPM LED ranges for Mclaren 720S, F309, F301, Metalmoro MRX P3
  • Updated Porsche GT4 Cayman & Ginetta G55 tire material fixing issue with tires disappearing in certain circunstances

Going to load it up shortly for some imola fun i think.

Great work by the Reiza team as always, i really enjoy driving this sim, it fits my driving style and feels natural to drive.

Its fantastic to watch them build on it, its so much improved from launch (i loved it at launch too), in a year or so it will be even better, we are very spoilt these days with so many great sims to play.

If Reiza read these posts, any chance of a guy waving a chequered flag like ACC, cant be hard to put in i expect.

Yeah, I asked for waving flags a long time ago, they add immersion, they
are nice to watch in the stands like some other Sims have.

Oh, got to say I absolutely hate them in other sims, very distracting in both ACC and RRE.

There just solid colours and they never stop and usually they are running at a lower fps.

It's cool you like them @passenger but I would hope for an option to have or not have them.

Yeah certainly some stuff to make the tracks feel alive would be cool:

People standing up and sitting down again (even people just sitting - they always seem to be standing when on the grass hills around tracks)
People walking somewhere
Birds flying etc.
Food wrapper blowing across the track.
Dust blowing across the track (Forza has a nice effect for this)

Problem is if they are the same stripted animation lap after lap it gets really old fast and then annoying.

For example Forza 7 has some cool bird animations but it the same lap after lap every time you get to the same part of the track.

But forza dose have some barbecue smoke here and there on some tracks that's quite nice, as smoke is hard for you brain to look at and say it's the same over and over.

• Deleted member 963434

Yeah certainly some stuff to make the tracks feel alive would be cool:

People standing up and sitting down again (even people just sitting - they always seem to be standing when on the grass hills around tracks)
People walking somewhere
Birds flying etc.
Food wrapper blowing across the track.
Dust blowing across the track (Forza has a nice effect for this)

Problem is if they are the same stripted animation lap after lap it gets really old fast and then annoying.

For example Forza 7 has some cool bird animations but it the same lap after lap every time you get to the same part of the track.

But forza dose have some barbecue smoke here and there on some tracks that's quite nice, as smoke is hard for you brain to look at and say it's the same over and over.
maybe kangaroos at bathurst

Might have to hold off on the immersion. Lifting the innitial stick in the custom file to 3.5 has improved the custom file. I got this file a few weeks back from their forum and its not bad. But its not super good versus assetto corsa. Its super 'ok' and may be your best bet for this patch

I have had to make my own custom force feed back file to fix the developers mess or inability to get back around to it enough. Not only has the game got a 3rd party making the custom file but the default and custom files are simply bad even when they are set up correctly.

There is no telling anyone on their forum because everyone there (all 5 of them) are in denial beilving the force feedback is the juice of god or something. And even when the file is dialed in as well as it can be, the game is simply not up to snuff. The madness engine may give you 'immersion' whatever that entails but until it can get steering right - which is can't - it won't be worth a lick of salt.

My settings changes do indeed increase the quality of the force feedback (I have downloaded and adjusted a file there) but its no where near the quality of race room.

Attachments

• ffb_custom_settings - new changes.txt
    46.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Might have to hold off on the immersion. Lifting the innitial stick in the custom file to 3.5 has improved the custom file. I got this file a few weeks back from their forum and its not bad. But its not super good versus assetto corsa. Its super 'ok' and may be your best bet for this patch

I have had to make my own custom force feed back file to fix the developers mess or inability to get back around to it enough. Not only has the game got a 3rd party making the custom file but the default and custom files are simply bad even when they are set up correctly.

There is no telling anyone on their forum because everyone there (all 5 of them) are in denial beilving the force feedback is the juice of god or something. And even when the file is dialed in as well as it can be, the game is simply not up to snuff. The madness engine may give you 'immersion' whatever that entails but until it can get steering right - which is can't - it won't be worth a lick of salt.

My settings changes do indeed increase the quality of the force feedback (I have downloaded and adjusted a file there) but its no where near the quality of race room.

Thanks for the file - may download it later on to try for myself. What wheel are you using?

Edit - downloaded

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 270 27.4%