Automobilista 2 | V1.0.5.5 And Nürburgring Pack Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
It's here! Reiza Studios have finally finished the little bits of extra polish, and now the Nurburgring Nordshliefe DLC is here for Automobilista 2!

We've been waiting with bated breath for this mammoth track track to come to Automobilista 2, and now that time is here folks - new track, and it's probably the biggest and best of them all.

As an added bonus, Reiza Studios has also wrapped up the new DLC in yet another sizeable game update - adding further tweaks, refinements and improvements to the simulation - details of which can be found below:

CONTENT
  • Added Nurburgring Nordschleife layout *Part of the Nurburgring DLC Pack (Steam Store Page for standalone DLC should be available soon)

GENERAL
  • Fixed reverse grid in Championship mode

UI & HUD
  • Added Vehicle Selection filters
  • Fixed track image anchors on lobby details page
  • Fixed 'Left Monitor Bezel Width Right' input
  • Added Credits screen to UI
  • Fixed various missing / incorrect filters for cars & tracks

PHYSICS & FFB
  • Fixed coordinate conversion when reading SETA contact patch offset
  • Fixed curbs pulling inverse way on cars where steering arms are "behind" steering axis.
  • Fixed minor road noise confribution being partially unequally handled on front right wheel
  • Fixed issues with Mini FFB using new profile
  • Adjusted tire treads for additional longitudinal slip in GT / Stock Car / Prototype tires & adjusted load damping to minimise hysteresis
  • Adjusted tire treads for adittional longitudinal slip in rain race tires
  • Corrected front tire tread width in GT / Prototypes (305mm / 315mm)
  • Adjusted default diff settings & roll bar values for Porsches
  • Revised low rev band torque curves & suspension rates for GT cars
  • Adjusted Porsche Cayman suspension travel & helper spring deflection length
  • Fixed error in main driveline syntax (potentially improves rear differential functionality)
  • Corrected Porsche Cup engine power figures to latest specifications; adjusted FFB Max force & CoG height
  • Reduced engine inertia in GT3/GT4 cars
  • Slightly increased engine inertia for Group A cars
  • Reduced engine inertia & spring rate range for Metalmoro MRX (all variants)
  • Various weight and engine power adjustments for better BoP accross GT3 / GT4 classes
  • Further revised suspension rates on all GT3 / GT4 cars
  • Fixed Mercedes AMG GT3 camber range for front wheels
  • Minor adjustment to StockCar 2020 CoG height & aero
  • Reduced Copa Fusca FFB Max force and raised stactic ride height by 1cm
  • Reduced F-Reiza FFB max force

AI
  • Further improvements to AI Lateral player avoidance and line selection when side-by-side with players
  • Improved AI player avoidance in situations where more than one player is present (MP)
  • AI callibration pass for GT / Stock / Prototypes
  • Adjusted AI lateral movement smoothing values to minimise aggressive weaving in some types of cars
  • Reduced aggression scalars for tintop series

AUDIO
  • Porsche GT3-R: Set tranny whine to cutoff sound in neutral; fixed missing onboard sound for AI cars and in replays
  • Fixed McLaren 570S GT4 missing sound in Chase view.
  • Increased bottoming sound effect for GT3s & GT4s

TRACKS
  • Velo Citta: Rebuilt pitlane triggers & adjusted far corridors in pit lane at U-turn (remove corridor over lap, possible source for pit lane DQ issue) calibrated some brake marker spacing/distance (dynamic/static road line markings); Minor performance pass
  • Imola: added DRS zones triggers as per latest GP configuration
  • Added drone animations to Velocittá, Velopark, VIR
  • Fixed rain blockers at VIR
  • Adjusted Nurburgring GP TV cameras

VEHICLES
  • McLaren 720S GT3: added five new liveries; fixed collision mesh bug; Added cockpit vibrations, dirt / damage effects + dangling damaged parts
  • Mclaren 570S GT4: Added dirt / damage effects, dangling damaged parts + new colliders + carbon material fix + carbon material UV mapping fix + mesh changes (Rear bumper/lights); Adjusted cockpit POV so it doesnt clip driver model
  • Camaro GT4R - Corrected samll sidewindow material
  • Fixed Porsche Cup 4.0 rear tire dimensions
  • Added damage, dangling parts & dirt map for Fusca (all variants)

Notes from the developer:

IMPORTANT! The latest physics modifications to GT3 / GT4 cars require a setup reset to default in setup UI to take effect - no need to delete all your settings, just go into the setup screen and click "Reset to Default" when choosing any of the new GT3 / GT4 cars added in v1.0.5.0 (other cars haven´t had setup range changes so shouldn´t need a reset).

IMPORTANT! As previously announced, with the release of the Nurburgring DLC Pack, the Nurburgring layouts included in the previous update are now only available for owners of the DLC or the packages that include it.

Our next game update towards the end of the month will add layouts combining variants of the modern track with the Nordschleife. Next year we also plan to include an historical version of the track to this pack, with no additional charge to those that already own it.

Original Source: Reiza Studios

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Check out the RaceDepartment Automobilista 2 sub forum for a place to hang out with fellow AMS 2 fans, share tips and tricks to maximise your experience with the simulation and grab all the latest news regarding the title.

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Just been in the Porsche Cup cars and whilst they don't bounce I'm heating up the rears pretty badly on default setup. Could need to change my style I suppose but indicator is going orange after a few laps of Brands Indy.

Yup, helper springs keep the springs on their seats and also put the shock/strut's compression stroke where it's supposed to be when the shock/strut is extended. It's a production-based car thing, not needed for cars that were designed from the beginning as race cars.

I't actually the opposite, in general production cars have soft or in some cases, progressive springs that tension over the complete suspension travel.

On an race care, the springs are much harder (let say 200N/mm) so the static load of the car maybe just compress the spring 10mm depending on suspension MR. For the spring not become loose, and to get outbound travel you use helper springs, they normally much softer like 10N/mm and 50mm long (but there are variations here).

In combination with helper springs, there is also an option to use drop stops to limit outbound travel, and packers to limit inbound travel.

1605635613070.png

Last edited:
"Authentic" means, just the aids are avaiable, that are avaiable in real life, the Cup Porsche doesn't have TC in real life, so it doesn't feature it in "Authentic" mode ingame.

For using TC with it, you need to go to "Full" allowed driving aids. (if it doesn't work then, there is another issue)

The Cup Porsche is not a GT3 car, it's a feeder race car. The usual Supercup config (that isn't in the game) doesn't even feature ABS, even if it has the possibility to upgrade it by design. So yes...it's a more "hardcore" car. It's not a GT3, which is built for everyone with money, also amateur racing, without crashing into horrendous costs IRL.
Can anyone actually get the Porsche Cup car to spinout? It appears to have TC on even when using authentic.

I't actually the opposite, in general production cars have soft or in some cases, progressive springs that tension over the complete suspension travel.
True for regular production cars. I was speaking more to production cars being used as racecars, where suspension geometry isn't being substantially altered to accomodate a racing suspension.

Can anyone actually get the Porsche Cup car to spinout? It appears to have TC on even when using authentic.
A couple of hours ago I lost the back end of a 4.0 Cup car and spun at Club corner on the modern Silverstone circuit. Of course, that section of Silverstone has always felt like it has low grip to me in several different cars. Regardless, a spin nonetheless while attempting standard driving.

I've been testing the 911 Cup with TC on and off, I don't see any difference. In both cases on full throttle in first gear with the steering wheel turned fully, I can make donuts.

On the other hand, while riding on the track, I feel that there is some kind of TC always working, either with TC on or off.

On the other hand, while riding on the track, I feel that there is some kind of TC always working, either with TC on or off.
There seems to be some kind of "adhesive" feature in the tire model that causes some cars to have a tendency to regain grip and self correct when you apply more throtle. Don't know how realistic or not this is but maybe it might need some tweaking.

The 911 Cup can spin and rotate, but unless something extreme happens it will be very easy to correct. I'm sure Reiza will keep improving the car if they feel is not fully "on-point" yet, but I'm enjoying it a lot as it is now.

There seems to be some kind of "adhesive" feature in the tire model that causes some cars to have a tendency to regain grip and self correct when you apply more throtle. Don't know how realistic or not this is but maybe it might need some tweaking.

The 911 Cup can spin and rotate, but unless something extreme happens it will be very easy to correct. I'm sure Reiza will keep improving the car if they feel is not fully "on-point" yet, but I'm enjoying it a lot as it is now.
That's right, the car is really nice to drive. But there is something underneath, I don't know if it is related to traction control or tire grip that gives a strange feeling.

If I accelerate fully at the exit of a turn, as soon as the rear starts to slide, with a simple touch on the steering wheel I put the car back on the line easily. And it's not because of my driving skills, I feel like there is something that stabilizes the car.

Again with the uninformed speculation about an entire tyre model based on inconclusive evidence on a single car.
The thing about some cars regaining grip and self-correcting very easily on throttle application doesn't happen only on a single car and it has been mentioned by a number of different players, usually by saying something like "it feels like TC is still on but it's not".

As for the rest of my post, I even tried to choose my words carefully exactely to avoid coming across as anything more than uniformed and probably quite wrong speculation about the phenomenon :)

I can enter into a slow turn, have my wheel turned 90 degrees or more in first gear, floor it and the car just understeers. Behaves very differently than any other Porsche Cup car in ACC, AC and iRacing
I went and tried the Cup car in AMS2, AC (official Kunos content), ACC and R3E. Now they all do slightly different variants, some have TC/ABS, some don't, so I tried to turn off TC whenever possible. All tests were done at Brands Hatch Indy using default setups in each game.

The R3E version was by far the hardest to drive. It has a lot weight transfer that needs to be carefully managed lest you become unstable entering corners. Trail braking had to be done carefully in order to not overrotate and spin. You also need to manage the throttle coming out of slow corners, but it's not too bad. My main issue was the weird blocky feeling from the rear tyres, as if they never properly came up to temperature and as a result I felt like the rear was always sliding around.

The AMS2 version is more stable, although the suspension picks up any bumps more acutely making it slightly tricky to drive at Brands. Throttle control wasn't as crucial although I couldn't really floor it out of Druids like claimed without either spinning or understeering into the barriers. I was easily half a second faster than R3E and could get further by pushing harder.

The ACC version was somewhere in between AMS2 and R3E in difficulty. The car was more nervous touching kerbs and spun quite easily with too much throttle, but all in all it wasn't that difficult to drive. You still have relatively high amounts of mechanical grip and trail braking was pretty straightforward. I confess the default setup may be overly stable as I had quite a bit of understeer.

The AC version feels superglued to the road. I could easily go a full second faster than AMS2 without even pushing. Sure, if you stomp on the throttle out of corners you will spin, but otherwise it was way easier to drive than any of the other ones. I even had to go and double check I didn't have any assists on.

The basic driving feel of all cars was relatively similar, although the R3E version felt like there was something wrong with the setup. At least based on this quick test, I can't agree with the conclusion that the AMS2 version of the Cup car is somehow easier or uncharacteristic compared to other sims.

The AMS2 version is more stable, although the suspension picks up any bumps more acutely making it slightly tricky to drive at Brands. Throttle control wasn't as crucial although I couldn't really floor it out of Druids like claimed without either spinning or understeering into the barriers. I was easily half a second faster than R3E and could get further by pushing harder.

The understeer to me indicates the TC is on, although Druids isn’t the best example as it is more of medium speed turns.

Take T1 at Nürburgring GP and floor it as you turn. Or The Loop at Silverstone. The car will not spin.

Take T1 at Nürburgring GP and floor it as you turn. Or The Loop at Silverstone. The car will not spin.
Just tried it, and it's true... 100% throttle during most of the first turn on the Nurb GP and I couln't spin the car or even cause any oversteer at all. I can only do it from a full stop, and even then the car still feels like it wants to autocorrect and regain grip while trying to do a donut. It's actually more likely that you'll cause some (very little) oversteer while using less throtle rather than full throtle.

The GT3 cars seem to be fixed of this issue after the last patch, at least the AMG since it's the one I drive the most, and you'll be able to loose traction even with some TC, so considering that the Porsche Cup has no TC at all this doesn't feel like its supposed to. The M1 Procar has the same problem and on that car it feels even weirder since it's supposed to be an historic car from the late seventies but it has even more grip than a modern GT3 with all sorts of assists on (at least the FFB I get from this car is god-like)

On a positive note, the GT3 cars feel better to me after the latest hotfix and I'm happy with how they are now. The GT4's are also very good already, with the exception of the Camaro... I'm fiding it hard to believe that the real Camaro GT4 is as difficult to drive as this.

Last edited:
The understeer to me indicates the TC is on, although Druids isn’t the best example as it is more of medium speed turns.

The 911 is a rear-engined car. It is expected that due to the weight transfer when you apply the throttle, the car understeers, not oversteers. Presence of on-throttle understeer is a natural feature of this car, not evidence of invisible TC.

Here is an onboard video of a Cup car taking T1 of Nurb:

As soon as the car has turned the corner, he pretty much floors the throttle. No wheel spin, no squirming, just accelerating in straight line. While the Cup car has enough torque to spin if you stab the throttle in low gears when no TC is available, it's not the spin-happy shopping trolley that some sims make it out to be.

It is more typical for Porsches to lose the rear end under braking or when entering a corner too fast, as the weight moves towards the front and the heavy rear loses traction, sending the car into pendulum motion. Neither TC nor ABS help you here, so the Cup car should still be somewhat tricky to drive even with a full set of driver aids available.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back