Automobilista 2 | V1.0.5.5 And Nürburgring Pack Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
It's here! Reiza Studios have finally finished the little bits of extra polish, and now the Nurburgring Nordshliefe DLC is here for Automobilista 2!

We've been waiting with bated breath for this mammoth track track to come to Automobilista 2, and now that time is here folks - new track, and it's probably the biggest and best of them all.

As an added bonus, Reiza Studios has also wrapped up the new DLC in yet another sizeable game update - adding further tweaks, refinements and improvements to the simulation - details of which can be found below:

CONTENT
  • Added Nurburgring Nordschleife layout *Part of the Nurburgring DLC Pack (Steam Store Page for standalone DLC should be available soon)

GENERAL
  • Fixed reverse grid in Championship mode

UI & HUD
  • Added Vehicle Selection filters
  • Fixed track image anchors on lobby details page
  • Fixed 'Left Monitor Bezel Width Right' input
  • Added Credits screen to UI
  • Fixed various missing / incorrect filters for cars & tracks

PHYSICS & FFB
  • Fixed coordinate conversion when reading SETA contact patch offset
  • Fixed curbs pulling inverse way on cars where steering arms are "behind" steering axis.
  • Fixed minor road noise confribution being partially unequally handled on front right wheel
  • Fixed issues with Mini FFB using new profile
  • Adjusted tire treads for additional longitudinal slip in GT / Stock Car / Prototype tires & adjusted load damping to minimise hysteresis
  • Adjusted tire treads for adittional longitudinal slip in rain race tires
  • Corrected front tire tread width in GT / Prototypes (305mm / 315mm)
  • Adjusted default diff settings & roll bar values for Porsches
  • Revised low rev band torque curves & suspension rates for GT cars
  • Adjusted Porsche Cayman suspension travel & helper spring deflection length
  • Fixed error in main driveline syntax (potentially improves rear differential functionality)
  • Corrected Porsche Cup engine power figures to latest specifications; adjusted FFB Max force & CoG height
  • Reduced engine inertia in GT3/GT4 cars
  • Slightly increased engine inertia for Group A cars
  • Reduced engine inertia & spring rate range for Metalmoro MRX (all variants)
  • Various weight and engine power adjustments for better BoP accross GT3 / GT4 classes
  • Further revised suspension rates on all GT3 / GT4 cars
  • Fixed Mercedes AMG GT3 camber range for front wheels
  • Minor adjustment to StockCar 2020 CoG height & aero
  • Reduced Copa Fusca FFB Max force and raised stactic ride height by 1cm
  • Reduced F-Reiza FFB max force

AI
  • Further improvements to AI Lateral player avoidance and line selection when side-by-side with players
  • Improved AI player avoidance in situations where more than one player is present (MP)
  • AI callibration pass for GT / Stock / Prototypes
  • Adjusted AI lateral movement smoothing values to minimise aggressive weaving in some types of cars
  • Reduced aggression scalars for tintop series

AUDIO
  • Porsche GT3-R: Set tranny whine to cutoff sound in neutral; fixed missing onboard sound for AI cars and in replays
  • Fixed McLaren 570S GT4 missing sound in Chase view.
  • Increased bottoming sound effect for GT3s & GT4s

TRACKS
  • Velo Citta: Rebuilt pitlane triggers & adjusted far corridors in pit lane at U-turn (remove corridor over lap, possible source for pit lane DQ issue) calibrated some brake marker spacing/distance (dynamic/static road line markings); Minor performance pass
  • Imola: added DRS zones triggers as per latest GP configuration
  • Added drone animations to Velocittá, Velopark, VIR
  • Fixed rain blockers at VIR
  • Adjusted Nurburgring GP TV cameras

VEHICLES
  • McLaren 720S GT3: added five new liveries; fixed collision mesh bug; Added cockpit vibrations, dirt / damage effects + dangling damaged parts
  • Mclaren 570S GT4: Added dirt / damage effects, dangling damaged parts + new colliders + carbon material fix + carbon material UV mapping fix + mesh changes (Rear bumper/lights); Adjusted cockpit POV so it doesnt clip driver model
  • Camaro GT4R - Corrected samll sidewindow material
  • Fixed Porsche Cup 4.0 rear tire dimensions
  • Added damage, dangling parts & dirt map for Fusca (all variants)

Notes from the developer:

IMPORTANT! The latest physics modifications to GT3 / GT4 cars require a setup reset to default in setup UI to take effect - no need to delete all your settings, just go into the setup screen and click "Reset to Default" when choosing any of the new GT3 / GT4 cars added in v1.0.5.0 (other cars haven´t had setup range changes so shouldn´t need a reset).

IMPORTANT! As previously announced, with the release of the Nurburgring DLC Pack, the Nurburgring layouts included in the previous update are now only available for owners of the DLC or the packages that include it.

Our next game update towards the end of the month will add layouts combining variants of the modern track with the Nordschleife. Next year we also plan to include an historical version of the track to this pack, with no additional charge to those that already own it.

Original Source: Reiza Studios

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Check out the RaceDepartment Automobilista 2 sub forum for a place to hang out with fellow AMS 2 fans, share tips and tricks to maximise your experience with the simulation and grab all the latest news regarding the title.

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Is anyone else having problems with MetalMoro AJR headlights not working???
We got lights!!!
Crazy fun this car so immersive to drive without the hud feel like you are there. Probably my favorite car in AMS 1 along with the Boxer
If these P1 cars would be LMP cars everyone would rave about them, but beeing from the brazilian championship they are so undestimated.

Attachments

• AJRlight.jpg
    AJRlight.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
But after recent FFB changes it's even worse than default and seems like NuScorpii has no interest in maintaining it anymore.
Might be something wrong with the DD wheels because the detailed file with min ffb set at 0.05 feels much better than the default on my T300rs.

Attachments

• ffb_custom_settings.txt
    12.4 KB · Views: 119
That takes me back to the 90's. Hope it clears for you.:thumbsup:
It did! It did! Found some bursts of 1.2 MB/sec.

This afternoon's AMS2-specific fun has been 10 laps of 31 AI Minis around old Silverstone, no chicane, with light showers at the 3/4 period. Triple 4k monitors and fps was a low of about 75 fps during the shower with much of the race around 90 fps.

Last edited:
But why not? The assists work with the other cars.
"Authentic" means, just the aids are avaiable, that are avaiable in real life, the Cup Porsche doesn't have TC in real life, so it doesn't feature it in "Authentic" mode ingame.

For using TC with it, you need to go to "Full" allowed driving aids. (if it doesn't work then, there is another issue)

The Cup Porsche is not a GT3 car, it's a feeder race car. The usual Supercup config (that isn't in the game) doesn't even feature ABS, even if it has the possibility to upgrade it by design. So yes...it's a more "hardcore" car. It's not a GT3, which is built for everyone with money, also amateur racing, without crashing into horrendous costs IRL.

Last edited:
Talking about the Porsche Cup car, the bouncing does seem to be totally fixed after today's patch. Which doesn't mean the car is now as stiff as a GT3 car (it's not, and it's not a GT3 car), but the way it moves now is the same as the Porshce Cup cars in Raceroom and Assetto Corsa.

I already liked the car even with the obnoxious bouncing, but now it's much better, obviously. I would say the Porsche Cup and the Ginetta GT4 (after reducing the TC a little bit in the setup) are probably two of the best cars in the game to show just how good of a sim AMS2 can be. Don't know how anyone can drive these cars after the this patch and still believe that AMS2 will be held back by the engine :)

Whilst I find the latest helper spring fix has improved the Porsche Cup a lot, there's still a lot of bouncing present which I think is a combination of the tyres having too much grip and way too much compression. That said, I'm not sure how accurate chase or trackside camera views are with regards to how the suspension/tyres are actually behaving but to me (visually and from what is felt in FFB) the tyres seem to compress excessively, whether that's in a straight line or cornering.
Obviously the tyres form a small part of the suspensions travel but almost 50% seems too much.
Of course, if you're to drive the car under the limit then this isn't as obvious however, it seems rather than the rear outside tyre losing traction at the limit it just grips,compresses, rebounds and repeats causing this bouncing.
I'd also go as far to say that most cars exhibit this behaviour albeit some more that others, particularly rear engined cars.
But hey, this is just my opinion and it certainly doesn't stop me enjoying AMS2, 500 hours playtime so far is testament to that :)

For using TC with it, you need to go to "Full" allowed driving aids. (if it doesn't work then, there is another issue)

Yeah, that's the issue if you select "Full" the Porsche Cup car doesn't accelerate past 100kph because the TC is preventing the car from going faster. This doesn't happen to others cars in game. I hope Reiza will take a look at it.

Yeah, that's the issue if you select "Full" the Porsche Cup car doesn't accelerate past 100kph because the TC is preventing the car from going faster. This doesn't happen to others cars in game. I hope Reiza will take a look at it.
Try increasing the percentage in the TC section in the setup, this increases maximum allowed slippage.
If this doesn't help, try TC at low by button.
Otherwise, this is probably a setting, that isn't polished at all, yet.

FFB was significantly updated recently while that profile was based on the old version. I really liked it before the update, after update it's a mess. At least on DD wheel.
Agreed....what did Reiza do?
The feel on my Accuforce was near perfect and now it is way off.
I was using Gain 55 LFB 0 Fx 0 Damp 0 and I had to completely redo all the settings.
Now at Gain 55 LFB 30 Fx 30 Damp 15.
It's not as good as it was before but it's reasonably close to what it was.
I test with the Ultima GTR Race as it really transmits the road feeling thru the my wheel beautifully.
Unfortunately the Porsche GT4 and the Cup cars feel awful with these settings.... Arrrrgh :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back