Automobilista 2 USA Expansion Pack

Reiza Studios is getting ready to release the first part of its Racin' USA Expansion Pack for Automobilista 2.
You Tuber Steelcast27 was granted the opportunity to publish an authorized preview video showcasing the part one content of the upcoming DLC.
Originally, Reiza Studios planned to release the Racin' USA Expansion as a single big DLC, but due to its size late on decided to split it up into three standalone packs, each including a number of tracks and cars
The first of the three packs will be focussing on the North American Sports Car scene and will include the Porsche 911 RSR, BMW MS, Corvette CSR, and Cadillac DPI-R prototype. The DLC will also add the WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, the Long Beach street circuit, and the iconic Daytona International Speedway.
Part one of the Racin' USA Expansion Pack will become available in late May alongside a major Automobilista 2 update. The DLC will be selling for 9. 99€ / US$ 12.99. Owners of the AMS2 2020-2022 Season Pass as well as AMS2 early backers will receive the DLCs free of charge.
Part two of the Racin' USA Expansion Pack will focus on single-seaters, with the third part focusing on oval racing. Reiza is hoping to have all three parts released before the end of the year.

Enjoy

Last edited:
Anyone hazard a guess on what the “mechanical buzzing” noise is supposed to be in the GTE BMW?

If I've guessed the sound you are referring to correctly, it seems like they've added the sound of a pneumatic gear change solenoid, which is more of a trademark sound of the Audi R8/Lamborghini Huracan

I've never noticed that sound coming from any real world M8 onboard video before so I'm curious as to why it's been added in by Reiza. It needs a little bit of work (which I'm sure they'll do) to bring it up to the standard of the rf2 version which I think is the most accurate I've heard to date.

On the plus side, the RSR sounds amazingly accurate.

Just so people know others are talking about a bug over on steam that hangs the game when starting but I don't see people chatting about it on https://forum.reizastudios.com/forums/

So, in conclusion, the much awaited and much delayed custom championship tool causes a game breaking crash... I am rather surprised they didn't notice that during testing...

Logo crash fix:
Go to your save games and delete the championship save file.

If I've guessed the sound you are referring to correctly, it seems like they've added the sound of a pneumatic gear change solenoid, which is more of a trademark sound of the Audi R8/Lamborghini Huracan
Yep. That’s the same noise. The odd thing to me is that the noise seems to persist for a tiny bit after the downshifts have happened. Perhaps it’s not actually the solenoid doing the shifting that’s making the noise but some part of the pneumatic system “charging up” or otherwise maintaining pressure for the next shift. Regardless, it's a "plausibly real" sound and that's probably the important thing for the time being.

Yes they are ‘all whistles and bells’ for new ACC DLC content (which I really enjoy their promotional race evening)…

:) i've been reading this site for years and always got the vibe they push certain things over others, especially kunos stuff, kunos are the nuts of course but if this was a ACC update of such scale they i believe would have pushed it all week , no way imo they would have not even bothered posting it on the main page. The content of the patch has been out with press for a while and so has the early playable version. If they did post it, im sure Kunos would release a "hot fix" to push it down the page im sure haha

£10K here and £10K there to the main news sites to gain special treatment, plus some paid social commentators and you have a powerful promotion tool.

Even so, RD is the best site for sim racing, i love it and hope it continues for many years to come.

I’ve watched I think six real world onboard videos now from Daytona covering multiple classes and maybe the last five years. The third curb on the bus stop chicane (2nd one on the inside) really needs to be flattened. This particular curb doesn’t seem any more or less severe than the other inside curb in the videos I watched and it feels like a pretty big bump in the game.

Overall this is certainly a minor thing to mention. It probably should be considered prior to time trials being reset though if Reiza is thinking of doing that again. I’d guess there’s probably a tenth or more worth of lap time to be had if that curb was more like the real world.

I have driven AMS2 for the first time in a while, and it's a million times better than it was. I think once it goes on SGP, you will see a huge increase in online presence

I have driven AMS2 for the first time in a while, and it's a million times better than it was. I think once it goes on SGP, you will see a huge increase in online presence
There's a queue waiting on SGP. As much as I want to see it, I don't think AMS2 quite ready for SGP though.
Many times I've been in a full lobby after qualifying and for some buggy reason, there's no race start. Everyone leaves and back to square one.

The good thing so far racing on AMS is a lot cleaner as there fewer randoms

After all these updates for me GT3 & GTE cars in Automobilista 2 are close to the level of those in iRacing - which in my opinion are the most realistic GT cars in terms of physics - grip and aero, especially when it comes to lateral grip and you do not have that feeling as in ACC that you are driving in the rain all the time when it comes to lateral grip. Besides this rFactor still have the best tire modeling and ffb when it comes to the feeling the car. Anyway I am absolutely satisfied with the huge progress that Automobilista 2 has made in terms of GT3 and GTE cars, the only ones that interest me.
But guys make a damn replay button for test day, single player and generally all the options in the game, it shouldn't be that hard. In any game you can save any replay in any scenario without any problem, it is a shame that a game in 2021 does not have all the replay options.
Keep up the good work AMS2 you become more and more relevant in sims in my opinion!

But guys make a damn replay button for test day, single player and generally all the options in the game, it shouldn't be that hard. In any game you can save any replay in any scenario without any problem, it is a shame that a game in 2021 does not have all the replay options.
My hunch is that there are enough deficiencies with the replays that Reiza may very well just want to start over again with them from scratch. Or as close to that as they end up being capable of. Because of this, it really wouldn’t make much sense for them to put effort into addressing any specific issue with replays now. Again, this is just a hunch on my part but it wouldn’t surprise me if that’s how things play out when all is said and done with AMS 2.

Man, the gearing for the BMW and Porsche GTE cars is really a bummer. I don’t think this is even a realistic limitation. I found the GTE rules from 2016, 2018, and 2021, and none of those years appear to be limited to a single set of gearbox ratios.

Never did buy this pack. Am I really missing out judging by the online videos if there is only 1 must have car and may be two tracks. I already own spa and the german track. Its still got the same issues. I think the best cars are the ones you can also drive in formula 1 2020 or f1 2019 and a lot of the base game cars are just fine! I do not see at this stage any reason to make the jump. Thats why I am asking. I could just wait for it to inevitably come to a sale might be later in the year. The game is not doing very well but I would use that during a sale to pounce.

Last edited:
The recent update got me to try AMS2 again and it feels a lot better so I jumped in and bought the expansion pack as I race in VR and AMS2 is easily the best looking sim for me with my Reverb G2 plus I can just plug and play it. To me it feels a touch arcade-like but I really enjoy the close racing. At the moment I'm trying to find time to work through all the content I've got. There are lots of classes of car and numerous tracks that I have yet to even try.
I caputured my VR view in this video where I can run most settings at Medium to High and compared it to the 'Everything Maxed Out' replays and there is not much difference. For VR I think AMS2 is the best 'sim' out there for just jumping in and having a fun race.
HP Reverb G2 | 6800XT | 5600x

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing