Automobilista 2 USA Expansion Pack

Reiza Studios is getting ready to release the first part of its Racin' USA Expansion Pack for Automobilista 2.
You Tuber Steelcast27 was granted the opportunity to publish an authorized preview video showcasing the part one content of the upcoming DLC.
Originally, Reiza Studios planned to release the Racin' USA Expansion as a single big DLC, but due to its size late on decided to split it up into three standalone packs, each including a number of tracks and cars
The first of the three packs will be focussing on the North American Sports Car scene and will include the Porsche 911 RSR, BMW MS, Corvette CSR, and Cadillac DPI-R prototype. The DLC will also add the WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, the Long Beach street circuit, and the iconic Daytona International Speedway.
Part one of the Racin' USA Expansion Pack will become available in late May alongside a major Automobilista 2 update. The DLC will be selling for 9. 99€ / US$ 12.99. Owners of the AMS2 2020-2022 Season Pass as well as AMS2 early backers will receive the DLCs free of charge.
Part two of the Racin' USA Expansion Pack will focus on single-seaters, with the third part focusing on oval racing. Reiza is hoping to have all three parts released before the end of the year.

Enjoy

Last edited:
Anyone hazard a guess on what the “mechanical buzzing” noise is supposed to be in the GTE BMW? It kind of occurs where you might expect waste gate noises but it doesn’t really sound anything turbo related to me. It kind of vaguely sounds like a door lock solenoid when somebody “buzzes you into” a secured doorway.

I’m not making any claims as to whether the noise is realistic as I haven’t hunted down any in-car footage yet. I’m just currently scratching my head on what the noise is actually supposed to be.

V1.2.0.0 CHANGELOG

CONTENT

Tracks
:

• Added Daytona International Speedway (Part of Racin´ USA Pt1 DLC)
  • Added Long Beach(Part of Racin´ USA Pt1 DLC)
  • Added Weathertech Raceway Laguna Seca(Part of Racin´ USA Pt1 DLC)
Cars:

• Added GTE class featuring BMW M8, Corvette C8-R, Porsche 911 RSR (Part of Racin´ USA Pt1 DLC)
  • Added DPi class featuring Cadillac DPi.V.R (Part of Racin´ USA Pt1 DLC)
  • Added BMW M4 to GT4 class

GENERAL

• Added custom championship feature to championship mode (BETA)
  • Added option for Real Weather, synchronizing the weather conditions to the currrent & forecast conditions on the location of the track
  • Added option to customize date for the event (currently all sessions run under that same day)
  • Added 42 years of historical weather data (currently only for tracks listed in the notes above
  • Added seasonal foliage (currently only for tracks noted in the changelog)
  • Weather progression is now scaled by time progression setting when using real weather option
  • For effect of adjusting forecasts while running Real Weather, qualifying sessions are now configured to one day before race day, and practice 2 days before
  • Implemented dynamic livetrack presets for real historic weather in single player - track may start with some level of water or puddles based on the real weather data of the preceeding hours before the session start time
  • Added option to configure Livetrack presets for each session
  • Temporarily disabled real weather setting in multiplayer.
  • Temporarily disabled LiveTrack preset setting in multiplayer
  • Timed races now end after 'time + 1 lap'
  • DLC tracks are now accessible to non-owners in Multiplayer sessions
  • Adjusted LiveTrack grip range (slightly lower base grip than before on a green track)
  • Added controller preset strings for new devices (Logitech G923, Thrustmaster T-GT, SiMagic M10)
    Modified Logitech G923 profiles to correctly distinguish between two variants (XBox and PS4). Increase torque by 20%.
  • Initial revision of shadow casting variables, generally increasing shadow quality
  • Inverted traction control logic - higher values now produce more Traction Control (rather than more allowed slip as per old configuration)
  • Adjusted gamepad controller presets & car-specific parameters for improved driveability (all cars)

UI & HUD

• Added more loading screen tips.
  • Fixed slider mouse inputs for Steering Sensitivity, Speed Sensitivity, and Minimum Shift Time controller settings.
  • Fixed incorrect visibility test on auto advance timer of session results screen
  • Suspension rates in setup screen are now displayed as incremental units rather than the actual rates

PHYSICS & FFB

• Revised tire tread, center of gravity height & drag coefficient parameters for all cars
  • Unified all GT tire dimensions, rules & branding as per real regulations of the main North American and European series (Michelins for GTE, Pirelli for GT3 & GT4)
  • GT3 / GT4 Balance of performance revisions
  • Reduced air scale drafting effect
  • F-Reiza: Slightly adjusted diffuser center of pressure
  • Porsche GT3 Cup: Corrected minimum weight for both models
  • Super V8: Added kingpin multiplier to reduce pendulum effect in FFB
  • Adjusted FFB max force range for BMW M6, Camaro GT4R
  • Adjusted BMW M6 engine torque curve
  • SprintRace: Minor brake torque adjustment
  • Corrected default steering lock & steering ratio for Porsche GT3-R
  • Further bodywork drag coefficient revisions
  • Adjusted default TC & ABS settings (including proper baseline for cars without factory TC)
  • Corrected traction control range for GT4 cars
  • Adjusted aero yaw sensitivity for all GTs / Protos / Stock Cars / Touring Cars
  • Added engine brake setting for formulas (from 1980s on), GT and Prototype classes
  • Adjusted engine compression curves for F-Retros, Mclaren 570S, Porsches, F3s
  • Adjusted default packers for F-Retros, P1, Roco
  • Adjusted Stock Car, Montana, Ginetta G40s, SprintRace torque in lower rev band to correct engine bogging down on launch
  • Mercedes CLK LM: Disabled downshift autoblip
  • Removed HARD & INTERMEDIATE tire compound from GT3, P1 options
  • Disabled viscous LSD settings in various cars that incorrectly allowed for it
  • Metalmoro AJR Fixed Honda engine bug
  • Set new traction control and ABS ranges - increments of 0-10 instead of 1-99
  • Adjusted intermediate tire compound performance
  • Disabled redundant weight distribution setup ranges in cars that shouldn´t have them
  • Added hard compound option back for StockCar2019
  • Minor center of gravity adjustments to Porsche Cup, F-Retro cars
  • GT3 & GT4 BoP Pass
  • Fixed missing TC & ABS on GT4 Ginetta G55
  • Adjusted engine output in AJR Chevy
  • Moved default brake bias slightly forward for most cars
  • Adjusted Camaro GT4 default camber & differential
  • Adjusted BMW M6, M8 & Mercedes GT3 damper rates & ranges
AI

• Extensive AI callibration pass for dry & wet performance, straightline speed
  • Extended pool of AI personalities (all drivers in grid should have unique personalities now)
  • Several adjustments to AI overtaking assesment parameters
  • Reduced range of possible AI deviation from ideal line
  • Increased AI wall check function
  • Added custom wall buffer values to Montreal, Speedland, Azure, Adelaide, Imola72 and Bathurst
  • AI tire wear callibration pass for Stock Car, GT3, GTE, P1 classes
  • Adjusted AI Grip @ Goiania, Curvelo
  • Added custom AI pit exit speed scalars
  • Adjusted AI relative performance in practice & qualifying sessions
  • Increased AI care with human & lowered AI brake grip for non-formula cars
  • Adjusted AI brake power / side tolerance / avoid ratio / extra care with player
  • Added function to prevent AI from pitting in last two laps of a race unless they have a mandatory stop to complete or will run out of fuel.
  • Taruma: Adjusted AI speed through T1 & T2

AUDIO

• Added new tire surface sound model for skid / scrub dynamics
  • Added traction control & RPM limiter sound logic and smoothing
  • Adjusted volume for various sound effects (rain, wipers, wet road roll)
  • Optimized sound positioning calculation in relation to listener
  • Lowered brake squeal volume
  • Added turbo prop & jet airplane flyover sounds

TRACKS

• Overcast/rain/storm climates overhaul: slightly optimized overcast weather, reduced brightness and sunlight when overcast, revised fog values for ovc/rain/storm, revised rain/storm clouds, removed inversion of lighting during thunder strikes in thunderstorm weather, removed random sky glow at night, few tweaks to clear weather HDR behavior, better blend of car's undershadow with environment in ovc/rain/storm/thunderstorm/fog/heavy fog weather, added visible light beams from cars in the daytime for overcast/rainy weather presets
  • Added seasonal foliage to Bathurst, Brasilia, Campo Grande, Cascavel, Curitiba, Curvelo, Jerez, Spielberg Historic
  • Fixed issues with planes, helicopters, boats and trains being culled when they shouldn
  • Cranes, helicopters and drones now only load on race weekend from qualifying onwards
  • Londrina Kart: Add missing pit man animations
  • Cascavel: Reworked fences, fixed UV1 mismatch on grass / outer grass
  • Bathurst 2020: Revised track cut mesh; Performance pass; LOD object pop fixes; Cleanup orphan mesh and texture
  • Interlagos Historic: Removed catch fence collisions
  • Nurburgring; Fix a hole in the terrain at the gp pit entrance
  • Spa-Francorchamps_2020: Various LOD pop and zfight fixes
  • Oulton Park: Added missing emap setting to some render road; Enabled 2D crowd hide from session feature; Improved startlight glows; LOD object pop fixes (max/static obj); Performance pass (23% less draw call); CSM pass (curbs, road issues)
  • Added trackside VR cams to Ibarra, Santa Cruz, Taruma, Velopark
  • Interlagos Minor art & optimization pass; added seasonal foliage & optimized night lights worn curbs, fence optimization and lodding, seasonal textures tweaks, optimization of night lights
  • Spielberg Historic: Fixed bug with seasonal foliage
  • Imola (all versions): Performance pass; Bug fixes; Delete orphan mesh
  • Updated Stock Car trackside advertising for tracks on the 2021 calendar

VEHICLES

• F-Retro V8 and V12: Added Driver animations; Adjusted the position of the cockpit gear shifter.
  • StockCar 2021: carpaint material update; livery updates
  • Reduced head light dip angle to improve lighting reach
  • Added outfits for 60s, 70s & 80s drivers
  • Porsche GT3-R: Texture optimization
  • Ginetta G55 GT4: Fixed display & RPM lights
  • Fixed bugs in dirt build-up parameters causing dirt to build up very slowly, and reset to clean once it reached maximum state
  • Updated tire dimensions & branding for GTE, GT3, GT4 classes to match physics revisions
  • Added day running lights to GTE, GT3, GT4 classes
  • Adjusted brake glow range

I think the patch improved the game, but there are still old problems which still bothers me a lot. For some reason, my rear brakes always lock, doesn't matter if a car has ABS or not, if I max ABS, move brake bias forward, it's weird, no other game does this. Front brakes rarely lock! Like, what the hell?

Also the Porsche is still way too bouncy to the point it's annoying.

Brake bias 59-60 works for almost all cars.

Really great update. I had great moments with the DPI on Daytona. I've been surprised by how good is the ffb with the DD1 and the behaviour of the car.

I'm not sure that the Long Beach track graphics are ont the same level than the Daytona track.

Changes your wheel's settings to tame the bounciness.

Last edited:
Seems odd that RD doesn't report this update (the pre-announcement for example) at all on the news page. Seems AMS2 has fallen out of favour with RD.
Yes they are ‘all whistles and bells’ for new ACC DLC content (which I really enjoy their promotional race evening)…

I think maybe the delay of the release caused them to ‘wait until’ with this release (although they could have done something in the beta version of the content before hand)

it also could be family commitments/ school holidays/ summer holidays (possibly trapped in Amber List Portugal!!) in the UK too… as we all have a life outside the sim world too (or do we ;) ?)

Last edited:
it also could be family commitments/ school holidays/ summer holidays (possibly trapped in Amber List Portugal!!) in the UK too… as we all have a life outside the sim world too
Yes that's true and we have a very small team of article writers so unfortunately sometimes things run a bit behind.
Seems odd that RD doesn't report this update (the pre-announcement for example) at all on the news page. Seems AMS2 has fallen out of favour with RD.
Not so, just there's a lot going on and here's one staff member who needs to go and grab the update.

I think the patch improved the game, but there are still old problems which still bothers me a lot. For some reason, my rear brakes always lock, doesn't matter if a car has ABS or not, if I max ABS, move brake bias forward, it's weird, no other game does this. Front brakes rarely lock! Like, what the hell?

Also the Porsche is still way too bouncy to the point it's annoying.
Have you calibrated your brake in control menu?

Last edited:
Got to say credit where its due this patch, very impressive, I’d gone from this is ok to drive/looks great when it first came out to hating the way the cars drive for the last few months as the changes on physics and FFB seemed to be going the wrong way. It may not be perfect now but this patch is pretty major step back in the right direction at least for me

Seen some one on steam having problems starting the game after the update but they found a fix so dropping it here incase it helps anyone else:

Finally found a method to fix the stupid freezing on loading. I have no idea why but there is a conflict between AMS2 and Logitech Ghub. I tried everything but came across this so if you having the same dramas as I did definitely try this.

Step by step fix:
1.Uninstall current logitech G hub
2. Go to Logitech Support (Logitech G Hub) https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025298133
3. Click in "Show All Downloads", choose you OS version (Windows 10 in my particular case) and scroll down until you find Software Version 2021.3.5164
4. Download and install Logitech G Hub Software Version 2021.3.5164
5. Immediately go to Settings and unmark the "Activate Auto Updates" checkbox.
6. Reconfigure every hardware you like and you're good to go.

For me i just downloaded and installed the latest version of g hub but whatever works.

This update is fantastic, I've just recently got back into ams2 after a hiatus and this really hit the spot, the sound, visuals, ffb...I went straight to the AMS2 club racing page and..........:( very bummed out that this title doesn't get the attention it deserves. If only we could have a bigger turn out here at RD ...but I suspect that ilja is also one-upping everyone with his updates to AC. I have high hopes for ams2 though if they keep churning out updates like this one!

Anyone hazard a guess on what the “mechanical buzzing” noise is supposed to be in the GTE BMW? It kind of occurs where you might expect waste gate noises but it doesn’t really sound anything turbo related to me. It kind of vaguely sounds like a door lock solenoid when somebody “buzzes you into” a secured doorway.
I still have no idea what this noise is from. FWIW though, here is a 2018 real world onboard video of the Ford GTLM car at Long Beach where you can hear the same sound so it's definitely a real thing.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.9%