Automobilista 2 | Update V1.0.2.7 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have deployed a new update to their Automobilista 2 racing simulation - adding various fixes and improvements as well as the first pass at a new multiplayer broadcasting suite within the title.
  • New multiplayer broadcasting suite added.
  • Numerous physics updates.
  • Art and optimisation passes on several tracks.

A new update is here for Automobilista 2 - the final such build release for August as the studio prepare for their next major deployment towards the end of September.

In this new build AMS 2 benefits from several small tweaks and improvements to many aspects of the core gameplay and of course several pieces of content within the title - as well as a first release of the new broadcasting tool that is now available in multiplayer situations for racers to improve the realism and performances of online race streaming.

You can check out the full update notes from the latest build, and advisories from Reiza Studios about V1.0.2.7 below:

AMS 2 Middle.jpg

Update Notes
  • Fixed UI issue when creating new Multiplayer game that would prevent selecting a dedicated server when "-selectds" switch is used (allows the first session of a game controlled dedicated server to be created from the client instead of requiring use of the http UI)
  • Added broadcast control / spectator screens for Multiplayer sessions
  • Adjusted Lobby to support broadcast role assignment
  • Updated simulated lap speed logic used in live gap readings & track limit penalty calculations for better consistency
  • Slightly increased tolerance for momentarily exceeding pit speed limit
  • Altered title/subtitle text behaviour and position to prevent overlap with block elements
  • Polished engine sample loops of F-Ultimate. Fixed MRX_P3 engine sound wrong position.
  • Adjusted Puma P052 turbo sound volume
  • Tweaked engine sound parameters for better bottom end / subwoofer utilization
  • Further differential setting adjustments to correctly display available options in setup screen Generally reduced default diff preload values
  • Fixed error in parameters for hump mode in viscous differentials
  • Increased brake cooling when static
  • Reduced heating rate of steel brakes
  • Increased operating window of GT, Prototype & Stock Car series tyres
  • Moved aero balance for Montana, Stock Car 2019 & 2020 slighly further rearwards
  • Adjusted Copa Montana default setup
  • Mclaren MP4/12: Reduced extra brake pressure
  • Minor increase of pneumatic trail for radial Tyres (vintages, road)
  • Reduced AI rolling resistance for F-Classic, F-Vintage, F-V10 G1 tyres to better match player
  • Minor BoP balancing for P3 class
  • Minor Center of Gravity and aero center of pressure adjustments to F-Retros
  • Corrected V12 engine performance for Vintage & Retro series
  • Added new differential hump values to all viscous rear diffeential variants
  • Generally reduced differential preload values
  • Slightly increased AI throttle application range for low to mid powered cars
  • Bumped AI low range Strength up (to compensate AI becoming too slow below 100% following recent code updates)
  • Reduced AI lateral field speed distance & effect
  • Adjusted rolling resistance for F-Vintage, F-Retro, F-Classic, F-V12, F-V10, F-Reiza, F-UItimate, F-Trainer & Copa Classic to better match player´s straightline performance
  • Minor smoothing of AI lateral movement
  • Fixed Hockenheim 1988 TV trackside cameras
  • Brands Hatch: Corrected circuit info
  • Jerez: Minor optimization pass
  • Guapore: Updated trackside ads
  • Spielberg Historic: incremental art pass update; adjusted track cut mesh; start trigger to better align with start line
  • Added tracklights for Spielberg Historics & Silverstone 2001
  • Silverstone: Updated 2020 Intl TV cams
  • Silverstone 2001: Added more accurate ad mapping to cement walls, adjusted track cut limits
  • Silverstone 1991: Revised track cut limits; Fixed some floating big tents; Adjusted service roads material & texture
  • Silverstone 1975: Fixed missing trackside buildings on no-chicane layout
  • Snetterton: Fixed crash at race end.
  • Oulton Park:fixed pit exit warning bug (track cut); Track cut mesh optimized, add grasscrete runoff, removed apex curbs; Rebuild triggers. Fixed timing bug (Start trigger was not crossing pit lane)
  • Kansai: Fixed start trigger not crossing pit lane
  • Reimplemented BT26, F-V10, F-V12, F-Reiza & F-Ultimate suspension animations (fixed wheels appearing to float)
  • F-Trainer: Fixed RPM LED & bar scaling
  • Adjusted F309 Driver animations
  • F-Reiza: Adjusted Driver animations
  • Adjusted gear shifter animation parameters on F-Retros, M23 and F-Classics
  • Fixed driver head position on the F-Classic G3M2
  • Added exhaust backfires to Stock Car 2020
  • Increased exhaust downshift backfires for SuperV8
  • StockCar Corolla -Added damage & dirt maps + deformable mesh

Notes from the developer:

lease note that cars with relevant default setup changes (specially differential changes which most cars have had adjusted) requires you to reset your car setup to default in case any modifications were made to the previous default - to reset all setups (autosaved or not) you may opt to delete the contents of Documents\Automobilista 2\savegame\123456789\automobilista 2\tuningsetups folder (noting the bold number folder will vary from system to system); you do not however need to delete your entire user profile folder.

Original Source: Reiza Studios

AMS 2 is available now exclusively for PC.

Want to race with us online? Looking for a valuable and deep source of knowledge about the simulation? Want to catch up with fellow fans of AMS2? No worries, head over to the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get yourself a new thread started today!

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
I've been struggling to enjoy the way this sim drives ever since day 1 of early access but I finally figured it out and now I feel so stupid. The throttle always seemed way too sensitive and somehow in my infinite stupidity I never thought to just reduce the throttle sensitivity setting in the options. I never needed to change it from 50 in AMS1 but it's definitely a quirk of the Madness engine cause PC2 has the same problem. But anyways now I'm absolutely loving this sim now. Especially with the new McLaren MP4/12. It feels so good.

My go to sim now since switching to VR racing. Nice clear picture and good graphics I'm VR. Great FFB on my T300 with a custom file (although it did take awhile of playing with the 3 settings). Plenty of tracks and cars in different classes. Shame more people are not playing it. I love AC, but I could not get the VR to look good at all. iRacing VR is good but the price, FFB, and tire model do not excite me. AMS2 if for me a great package right now. I recommend the P3 at Oulton Park. Or the Formula Classics!

I've been struggling to enjoy the way this sim drives ever since day 1 of early access but I finally figured it out and now I feel so stupid. The throttle always seemed way too sensitive and somehow in my infinite stupidity I never thought to just reduce the throttle sensitivity setting in the options. I never needed to change it from 50 in AMS1 but it's definitely a quirk of the Madness engine cause PC2 has the same problem. But anyways now I'm absolutely loving this sim now. Especially with the new McLaren MP4/12. It feels so good.
In my case, calibrating pedals (throttle, brake and clutch) helps taming them. I leave the sensitivities at default.

I see a few updates for the corolla now.. so I have to ask the question, do these stock cars really have that big rectangle of death smack in the centre of your vision IRL?

I’m not going to make any judgement one way or the other whether it’s right or wrong. Time stamp 1:55 in the YouTube video below has a brief look inside a 2020 Toyota where you can see both the box in question and the mirror if you want to judge their relative heights to each other for yourself. The view isn’t from the driver’s seat though.

When we get the Nordschleife
https://www.game-automobilista2.com/
(If someone asks, when?) Scroll down to the roadmap and take a look at October.:speechless:
no Motec support.
http://www.ikorein.com/telemetry/
This is not Motec, but 10.1 is AMS2 compatible.^^
I see a few updates for the corolla now.. so I have to ask the question, do these stock cars really have that big rectangle of death smack in the centre of your vision IRL?
You are sitting too high. Actually you are sitting really far down and in the middle in these kind of cars to keep the center of mass low and centered. ^^'
You can compare it a bit to more modern DTM cars, even in the revised 2020 SC Brasil.

Last edited:
The recent updates have made the AI in this game absolutely stunning.

Online is also working really nice.

Not to mention the incredible graphics and content.

Anyone who was on the fence about this game: now is the time to jump in IMO.

Edit: Btw, default ffb Is working nicely now, but I’m still preferring using NuScorpii’s “Heavy Messing 2.3” for more detail on my CSL Elite.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing