Automobilista 2 | Update 1.1.3.5 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Celebrating the 1-year anniversary of Automobilista 2, Reiza Studios have deployed build 1.1.3.5 of the simulation - with plenty of fixes included and a new historic F1 Lotus!
  • New update adds Lotus 79.
  • A further complementary update to follow.
  • Significant physics developments.

One year on from release into Early Access, Automobilista 2 has been updated yet again as Reiza Studios continue to work hard to bring the simulation up to the level its obvious potential deserves. In this latest build release, the studio have brought together a new officially licenced historic Formula One car in the form of the legendary Lotus 79, alongside their own fictional F1 machine, plus have laid the groundwork for further substantial improvements to the title going forward, as Renato Simioni from Reiza Studios explains:

This release comes exactly one year since our initial Early Access release on March 31 2020, and we have been pushing hard as we have through this whole year to celebrate the occasion with another major update!

Unfortunately some of the new features and core developments we had hopes to wrap in time for this update didn´t quite make it in time, but the work obviously isn´t lost - while this update isn´t quite the beefed up step we had hoped to deliver, our users can still look forward to these valuable developments making into the game in the coming weeks and months.

Our March update still packs a good punch with another sizeable list of improvements & fixes, additional layouts for the Historic Jacarepagua circuit, and a new historical class - the Formula Retro Generation 2, featuring the iconic Lotus 79!

The most significant physics development in this update is the substantial reduction of driveline friction levels, resulting improved functionality in LSD cars, better driveability and slightly higher top speeds. The default preload and ramp angles have been adjusted for most cars, so setup resets on cars with LSD is recommended.

Championship Mode has also received an important update in preparation for the Custom Championship feature, as now players are able to have up to four championship seasons in progress. A batch of new championship options will be added in an complementary update before the weekend. Custom championship itself is still under development for additional features and has been pushed to May.

We´ll share a bit more details about the ongoing developments in this update and upcoming ones in our upcoming Development Update.

S 2 Middle.jpg

CONTENT
  • Added F-Retro Gen2 Series (featuring Lotus 79 & generic F-Retro Gen2 Model1)
  • Added more Jacarepagua Historical layouts (2005, Oval, Sul, Stock Car Roval)

GENERAL
  • Reduced Multiplayer safe join buffer time in practice / qualifying from 180 to 90 seconds
  • Added option to set maximum limit on the number of AI in official championships
  • Fixed GT1 Championship lap length race sessions incorrectly treated as timed sessions

UI & HUD
  • Updated HUD (will reset customizations): Restyled car info and added vehicle damage widget; Restyled tacho unit
  • Added hints and tips to loading screens.
  • Added warning to opponent settings screen when the number of opponents is grater than the number of available liveries
  • Fixed championship AI aggression input not clamping to correct range
  • Increased loading screen tip refresh time to 20s
  • Added 'Wheel Only' option to 'Display Cockpit And Driver' setting
  • Added extra vehicle info to Vehicle Selection screen informing availability of tire compounds, DRS, boost, adjustable turbo, adjustable onboard brake bias & roll bars, head lights, pit limiter on the currently selected vehicle (accuracy of current info pending further revisions)
  • Restyled Race and Test Day settings screens
  • Fixed untranslated 'Opponent Aggression' label on opponent settings screens

PHYSICS & FFB
  • Fixed FFB pulling to the left under braking or to the right on power (FWD vehicles only)
  • Substantial reduction of friction levels for various wheel bearing models for reduced overall driveline losses, improved functionality in LSD cars, better handling entering & exiting corners, better driveability under traction and slightly higher top speeds
  • Adjusted default preload and ramp angles in most LSD cars (setup reset recommended)
  • Updated engine torque / power curves to suit new wheel bearing values
  • GT / Stock / Proto / wet tire wear adjustments
  • Adjusted F-Retro, F-Ultimate, F-Classic, F-V12, V-V10, F-Reiza, F-Ultimate tire carcass inflation shape
  • Slightly steeper engine compression curve for Cosworth 1974 engine in F-Retros
  • Slightly higher wear rate for soft compound in GT3 / P1
  • Minor rear wing efficiency adjustment for F-Retros
  • Revised aero drag in formula cars
  • Added customized values for tire pre-conditioning per car (replacing old global function)
  • Increased damage rate for grinding & clutchless shifts in manual boxes
  • Adjusted StockV8 2020/2021, Montana, F-Retro, Omega StockCar, Mini UK aero yaw sensitivity
  • Disabled onboard roll bars in GT5, GT4, GT3, F-Retro Gen1, F-Reiza, F-Ultimate
  • Disabled redundant turbo range in Hot Cars / Copa Classic cars
  • Lowered Opala CoG height; stiffened suspension rates to minimise issues with lifting inside wheels
  • Minor adjustments to H-pattern gearbox syncro parameters

AI
  • Increased range of AI performance & some initial customization per series
  • AI Callibration pass to account for new AI range parameters & new driveline physics update
  • Slightly increased AI prudence against human drivers
  • AI aggression is now scaled down during in/out laps of practice & qualifying sessions
  • Fixed issue with AI skill range at extreme ends of the scale and effective lower cap of 84% in multiplayer
  • Fixed bug where the AI skill from personality wouldn't load properly in first session (leading to reduced spread of performance)

TRACKS
  • Weather, climate & HDR revisions for more consistency across the daytime and weather variants
  • Minor adjustments to weather and climates for clouds & HDR behaviour
  • Increased maximum render distance for far terrain at higher graphics settings
  • Spa-Francorchamps: Fixed bad bumps at the outside run-off of Pouhon and Fagnes; Minor art & performance pass
  • Jacarepagua Historic: Reduced road mesh noise; Minor art & optimization pass
  • Interlagos Historic: Reduced road mesh noise; Increased poly density for outer link road
  • Hockenheim: Reduced road mesh noise for all Historic layouts
  • Cascais: Fixed fix flipped armco at T9
  • Goiania: Updated trackside data
  • Revised default date for all tracks
  • Added VR cams for Campo Grande, Cascavel, Snetterton, Curitiba, Londrina
  • Minor art pass to Hockenheim Historic layouts
  • Minor art passes to Jacarepagua and Spielberg

VEHICLES
  • Adjusted LOD settings for wheel and tires in open wheel cars to avoid gaps between transitions at lower detail levels
  • Fixed dark external mirrors in several formula cars
  • Corrected suspension animation to account for camber settings in F-Vintage cars, F-Classic Gen3, F-V10 Gen2
  • Sigma P1: Fixed glitch on cockpit front end
  • F-Trainer and F-Trainer Advanced: Fixed suspension artifacts on cockpit view; Added missing chassi parts to cockpit view; Fixed chassi parts misplacement in LodA.
  • F-Vintage: Fixed engine damage issue
  • Chevette: Fixed cockpit red paint issue

Original Source: Reiza Studios

AMS 2 is available now, exclusive to PC.

Start a thread in the AMS 2 sub forum today to get engaged with your fellow Automobilista 2 fans!

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
I seem to be in the massive minority but I just cannot click with AMS2 at all... Dunno if it's my settings but I can't get a good feel at all with my ts300 (and I have the silver raw 3.2 settings). Braking feels off for me too. I really want to love this sim (ams was amazing) but it just doesn't feel right to me and I go back to ACC. Also the ai seems to hang around in groups fighting unrealistically close to each other? Does anyone else see this?
I have the same wheel and I actually prefer the default settings nowadays with a few tweaks. I still like the FF on AC a little better I think but I am not sure. I race only in VR anymore so I am not into ACC. I think FF is a very subjective thing anyway but in my view the FF of AMS2 is very informative with default settings on T300. The custom settings used to be my preference, but now they feel like too much information.
I seem to be in the massive minority but I just cannot click with AMS2 at all... Dunno if it's my settings but I can't get a good feel at all with my ts300 (and I have the silver raw 3.2 settings). Braking feels off for me too. I really want to love this sim (ams was amazing) but it just doesn't feel right to me and I go back to ACC. Also the ai seems to hang around in groups fighting unrealistically close to each other? Does anyone else see this?

Jason Chamberlain

Mobile Chicane
Premium
I have the same wheel and I actually prefer the default settings nowadays with a few tweaks. I still like the FF on AC a little better I think but I am not sure. I race only in VR anymore so I am not into ACC. I think FF is a very subjective thing anyway but in my view the FF of AMS2 is very informative with default settings on T300. The custom settings used to be my preference, but now they feel like too much information.
I tend to prefer the default with my T300 as well. Where do you put your sliders?

My big thing is that I want to be able to feel the suspension get loaded so that it gets really heavy. Then if I get into understeer, I want to feel it get "light." The road effects are fun and all, but the biggest thing for me is to know when I'm at the limit of grip.

TBH, I've been doing a lot of ACC league stuff, which has been great and I really like the FFB in ACC. I haven't done much with AMS2 other than trying out the new cars and tracks when they released in June. I guess I just need to follow Simracing604's advice for dialing-in the FFB and just do it. It will only take me about 15 minutes and once I've got it I should be good.

VR racing on this sim with the rain and the day/night is pretty darn good in my view. The AI is pretty good but I do agree that the cars tend to bunch together a bit too much sometimes (but I was racing German touring cars at Brands Hatch so maybe that is realistic?). Anyway, the sim is progressing nicely IMHO

I tend to prefer the default with my T300 as well. Where do you put your sliders?

My big thing is that I want to be able to feel the suspension get loaded so that it gets really heavy. Then if I get into understeer, I want to feel it get "light." The road effects are fun and all, but the biggest thing for me is to know when I'm at the limit of grip.

TBH, I've been doing a lot of ACC league stuff, which has been great and I really like the FFB in ACC. I haven't done much with AMS2 other than trying out the new cars and tracks when they released in June. I guess I just need to follow Simracing604's advice for dialing-in the FFB and just do it. It will only take me about 15 minutes and once I've got it I should be good.
Only thing I moved was turning down the Low Force a bit. Honestly,I have not tweaked it that much. I agree that the suspension load and understeer is effect is not strong...though is some games I believe it is unrealistically strong (but maybe this is good in a sim). I am able to feel and react to what the car is doing and I enjoy driving on the edge with this sim. I have not tried quite a few cars still either. I enjoy the Gen 2 and Gen 3 open wheels and the German touring cars I have raced. The VR experience is just killer on AMS2 so maybe I am biased. :)

I prefer default now too. The custom file has been left behind for many months now. Its been good work on that front despite going a lot sideways elsewhere. I barely play the title. The grip is off. I think they just jacked up a grip setting to compensate something. The diffuser settings I bet you are funky. Way too much air going down it seems.

Last edited:
I often drive karting on Automobilista :alien:. I am equipped with VR, and I love it! I have been karting for decades in real life and I really find the sensations of karting on Automobilista 2, it's fabulous.
But! But artificial intelligence, which I do not find so bad for the other categories (contrary to what I often read here), can really be improved in karting! The start of the AIs is much too slow, if I'm lucky, I manage to exceed 7 or 8 karts in 100 meters. Then they make a lot of mistakes, bump into each other, get off the road at almost every turn. Finally, it is a disaster. I think we should look at the Reiza karting please! Because the potential is enormous, the pleasure of driving is very real, especially in VR. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
:confused: The mirrors are still not adjustable in VR. :poop:
Sorry to come back with that but I remind you that on PC2 it was possible to adjust the mirrors in VR, this is not the case in AMS2 which is 50 times better for the physics of cars than PC2 and better than on other competing simulations in my opinion (this is a matter of personal appreciation :p).
Adjusting the mirrors in VR is very important, depending on your size and distance you have to adjust them otherwise I sometimes have to slide in my seat during the race to see the vehicles behind me, it's really unpleasant.
I have already posted on the dedicated forum and never got a response.
So I allow myself to repost a reminder from time to time in the hope that one day I will be heard.
Goodbye everyone and good races. :)

I often drive karting on Automobilista :alien:. I am equipped with VR, and I love it! I have been karting for decades in real life and I really find the sensations of karting on Automobilista 2, it's fabulous.
But! But artificial intelligence, which I do not find so bad for the other categories (contrary to what I often read here), can really be improved in karting! The start of the AIs is much too slow, if I'm lucky, I manage to exceed 7 or 8 karts in 100 meters. Then they make a lot of mistakes, bump into each other, get off the road at almost every turn. Finally, it is a disaster. I think we should look at the Reiza karting please! Because the potential is enormous, the pleasure of driving is very real, especially in VR. :thumbsup:
Yeh, the karts are great fun. Definitely not good if you are prone to motion sickness at all though :)

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.5%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.7%
  • €3001-5000