Automobilista 2 | Update 1.0.0.3 Now Live

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have released a brand new update for Automobilista 2 - bringing the simulation up to version 1.0.0.3 status and adding a nice list of improvements and changes.
  • New update deployed to public build.
  • Multiple Bathurst changes.
  • Push-to-pass implemented for various series.

Another Automobilista 2 update is fresh off the production line and available to download the next time you fire up the simulation on Steam, and although not classified as a major build release, it comes complete with a number of useful goodies and fixes that further expand and improve this latest racing simulation to hit the market.

The new build should be the third and final hotfix for the post V1 version of the sim, with a more substantial update planned to be deployed to the software at the end of the month.

AMS 2 Update.jpg

• Update notes from the new build.
  • Further monthly major build updates planned at the end of each month.
  • AI improvements for various series.

Reiza Studios have confirmed the future development plans of for the simulation consist of monthly build updates towards the end of each month, with hotfix releases only planned should they be required following a major new patch. As such, this third hotfix for V1 should be the final one until the end of July, unless any major issues present themselves between now and then.

The Beta build of the sim, available to early adopters and the previous crowdfunding campaign backers, will continue to receive updates as and when they are available, prior to rolling out to the main public build of the simulation.

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

V1.0.0.3 Changelog:
  • Added real driver names to Stock Car 2020 series & fictional names to ARC Camaro series (all series will feature dedicated driver names and AI personalities by the next update)
  • Bathurst: Adjusted track, curbing and wall geometry in several places: elevation at The Cutting, curb height at Quarry, curb width & angle at McPhillamy Park, walls at Forrest's Elbow, curb width at The Chase and curb height at Murray's corner; tweaked foliage placement & types; added more details to the roads & environment; added crowds; added several buildings; added distant villages; finished power lines & night lighting; adjusted livegrass placement; adjusted shadows and optimization; added hires adverts textures; Fixed wrong normals on 150m board
  • Recalibrated brake marker spacing at Goiania, Cascavel, Guapore
  • Corrected object orientation and reset pivot on dynamic brake marker objects. at Velopark, Interlagos, Campo Grande
  • Adjusted onboard cameras for Camaro SS, Chevette, Fusca, F-Trainer, Uno, MCR2000, Sprint Race, Ultima GTR (full revision to follow in next update)
  • Super V8: corrected RPM display range
  • Sprintrace, Corolla, Stock Car 2019, Copa Uno: Fixed stickers flickiring and interior LOD issues
  • Added wiper animations to Copa Uno & Uno Copa Classic B
  • Corrected windshield wiping animation for MIT Lancer R & RS, Stock Car 2019, Copa Montana, Metalmoro AJR, Sigma P1, Opala 1979, 1986 & Old Stock
  • Fixed Goiania layout for first round of Stock Car 2020 championship
  • Added missing Stock Car Push-To-Pass functionality (not allowed in 1st lap, 5s delay between button pressing & activation) to Copa Montana, Stock Car 2019 & Stock Car 2020
  • Stiffened front tyre sidewalls for F-Reiza, F-Ultimate,Stock Car, Ultima GTR (Road & Race), Copa Truck, F3, F-Trainer, Sprint Race, Montana, Caterhams & all Prototype classes
  • Removed medium tyre compound option for StockCar 2020 (only hards available now as per 2020 rules)
  • Lowered default diff preload & viscous lock settings (requires setup reset to take effect)
  • Minor AI callibration to Stock2020, F-Retro, G55 series

Original Source: Reiza Studios

Want help getting the best out of the simulation? Start a thread in the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let the community help you out!

AMS 2 Header.jpg

M-Bimmer

WhAt GoEs ArOuNd CoMeS ArOuNd
Just tried the new patch. Noticed some bugs (hopefully to be squashed soon) like the super V8 very high engine sound when in the pit at Bathurst. Also not sure why the Montana has 15 kers activation which isn’t working.

Still huge thanks to all the devs hard work to bring us another fantastic update.
(Bathurst looks gorgeous btw)

Also not sure why the Montana has 15 kers activation which isn’t working.
Adding to what b)b said, the KERS does not work during practice AFAIK. It only worked for me during the race (I was using the 2020 Stock Cars but this probably also applies for the Montana).

You will be able to do that in the future. Championship mode is very early access right now.
I know ;)

Has anyone seen any info on what the “dynamic brake markers” actually do? When the term was first mentioned I just kind of assumed if might be different textures or shaders that get applied depending on the lighting. The mention in this update makes it sound like they’re something else though. No particular reason for asking aside from pure curiosity.

could be a good sim but lazy reiza devs decide to copy paste the "rules" from pc2 wich you must remain on tarmac no matter what otherwise you get a warning "slow down" and not even work properly, like in 1st corner 2 player where off track, they keep behind like a minute or more then i have to avoid others noobs in second to last corner so was move to the grass or crash, then not only have to wait for the noobs also the guys spin in 1st corner in order to the warning dissapear, WTH REIZA :mad:

Irl :poop: happen, you dont hit the guy in front of you (most of the time), or maybe you brake too late and go wide, no mean you cut the track :barefoot:

could be a good sim but lazy reiza devs decide to copy paste the "rules" from pc2 wich you must remain on tarmac no matter what otherwise you get a warning "slow down" and not even work properly, like in 1st corner 2 player where off track, they keep behind like a minute or more then i have to avoid others noobs in second to last corner so was move to the grass or crash, then not only have to wait for the noobs also the guys spin in 1st corner in order to the warning dissapear, WTH REIZA :mad:

Irl :poop: happen, you dont hit the guy in front of you (most of the time), or maybe you brake too late and go wide, no mean you cut the track :barefoot:

Agreed, the penalties and flags are quite unpolished. No wonder SMS gave up on it in Pcars 3.

The pits still have a lot of bugs that were present in WMD pcars 2.

Had 5 cars pile up at pit entry after cool down lap the oher day.

A bit harsh to call them lazy though, surely? Only they themselves can know if that's true or not at this point! I thought the rate of change from the very first beta was pretty remarkable - almost made me wonder if they weren't just releasing old snapshots of the past however-many-years development weekly to show how fast they were going ;)

There's a decent argument that there's so many rough edges it shouldn't have been released yet, but that's so often the way. I just hope it keeps progressing at a good rate and they maybe, without knowing how parallel those tasks can be, concentrate less on new content and more on those rough edges.

The newly added content such as the Stockcar 2020 feels really good. Physics and FFB are out of the shadow of PC2. Hope Reiza will polish every car to this level, especially those Formula cars which used to be Automobilista 1's selling point. In direct comparison, Formula Ultimate feels worse than F1 2020 in many ways (hate to admit but it's true:().

Has anyone seen any info on what the “dynamic brake markers” actually do? When the term was first mentioned I just kind of assumed if might be different textures or shaders that get applied depending on the lighting. The mention in this update makes it sound like they’re something else though. No particular reason for asking aside from pure curiosity.
That's in-house naming between track devs for dynamic/moveable (when colliding with them) objects.

The newly added content such as the Stockcar 2020 feels really good. Physics and FFB are out of the shadow of PC2. Hope Reiza will polish every car to this level, especially those Formula cars which used to be Automobilista 1's selling point. In direct comparison, Formula Ultimate feels worse than F1 2020 in many ways (hate to admit but it's true:().
Yeah, game of two halves, well probably more like a game of two thirds of outstanding content and a 1/3 a bit meh. Glad I bought it just for some of the series like stockcars and the historic F1 stuff. It's a bit like Raceroom, I bought the lot but seem to spend most of my time on Group 5 and GT3/4.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 117 27.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 69 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 10.0%
  • €3001-5000