Automobilista 2 | Update 1.0.0.3 Now Live

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have released a brand new update for Automobilista 2 - bringing the simulation up to version 1.0.0.3 status and adding a nice list of improvements and changes.
  • New update deployed to public build.
  • Multiple Bathurst changes.
  • Push-to-pass implemented for various series.

Another Automobilista 2 update is fresh off the production line and available to download the next time you fire up the simulation on Steam, and although not classified as a major build release, it comes complete with a number of useful goodies and fixes that further expand and improve this latest racing simulation to hit the market.

The new build should be the third and final hotfix for the post V1 version of the sim, with a more substantial update planned to be deployed to the software at the end of the month.

AMS 2 Update.jpg

• Update notes from the new build.
  • Further monthly major build updates planned at the end of each month.
  • AI improvements for various series.

Reiza Studios have confirmed the future development plans of for the simulation consist of monthly build updates towards the end of each month, with hotfix releases only planned should they be required following a major new patch. As such, this third hotfix for V1 should be the final one until the end of July, unless any major issues present themselves between now and then.

The Beta build of the sim, available to early adopters and the previous crowdfunding campaign backers, will continue to receive updates as and when they are available, prior to rolling out to the main public build of the simulation.

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

V1.0.0.3 Changelog:
  • Added real driver names to Stock Car 2020 series & fictional names to ARC Camaro series (all series will feature dedicated driver names and AI personalities by the next update)
  • Bathurst: Adjusted track, curbing and wall geometry in several places: elevation at The Cutting, curb height at Quarry, curb width & angle at McPhillamy Park, walls at Forrest's Elbow, curb width at The Chase and curb height at Murray's corner; tweaked foliage placement & types; added more details to the roads & environment; added crowds; added several buildings; added distant villages; finished power lines & night lighting; adjusted livegrass placement; adjusted shadows and optimization; added hires adverts textures; Fixed wrong normals on 150m board
  • Recalibrated brake marker spacing at Goiania, Cascavel, Guapore
  • Corrected object orientation and reset pivot on dynamic brake marker objects. at Velopark, Interlagos, Campo Grande
  • Adjusted onboard cameras for Camaro SS, Chevette, Fusca, F-Trainer, Uno, MCR2000, Sprint Race, Ultima GTR (full revision to follow in next update)
  • Super V8: corrected RPM display range
  • Sprintrace, Corolla, Stock Car 2019, Copa Uno: Fixed stickers flickiring and interior LOD issues
  • Added wiper animations to Copa Uno & Uno Copa Classic B
  • Corrected windshield wiping animation for MIT Lancer R & RS, Stock Car 2019, Copa Montana, Metalmoro AJR, Sigma P1, Opala 1979, 1986 & Old Stock
  • Fixed Goiania layout for first round of Stock Car 2020 championship
  • Added missing Stock Car Push-To-Pass functionality (not allowed in 1st lap, 5s delay between button pressing & activation) to Copa Montana, Stock Car 2019 & Stock Car 2020
  • Stiffened front tyre sidewalls for F-Reiza, F-Ultimate,Stock Car, Ultima GTR (Road & Race), Copa Truck, F3, F-Trainer, Sprint Race, Montana, Caterhams & all Prototype classes
  • Removed medium tyre compound option for StockCar 2020 (only hards available now as per 2020 rules)
  • Lowered default diff preload & viscous lock settings (requires setup reset to take effect)
  • Minor AI callibration to Stock2020, F-Retro, G55 series

Original Source: Reiza Studios

Want help getting the best out of the simulation? Start a thread in the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let the community help you out!

AMS 2 Header.jpg

Minor AI callibration to Stock2020, F-Retro, G55 series

Yeah will be back if the AI is usefull at all.

sadly it will never be good.

I'm 15 hours in and I just cant shake the feeling of the car rotating around its centre point and four wheel drifting through many corners.

It also has so many bugs and broken features that it should no way be called v1.+
its like driving 4wd f1 car. and spinning its wierd. front wheels behave wrong.rfactor 2 is superior. and pc2 fanboys keep it yourself

pc & pc2 and of course madness engine. reiza can do it but madness engine has its limitations
In other words, it is a groundless assumption. The PCars games were made by a completely different developer with a track record of poor post-release support. Reiza, on the other hand, have the entirely opposite reputation.

Since you neither work for SMS or Reiza, I don't really see how you can claim that the Madness Engine has limitations, or what those limitations are. Given that Reiza have already pushed the ME beyond what SMS every achieved, I think it probably has a lot more potential than a lot of people believe.

I selected the Formula Trainers for the first time since full v1.0 release and came away confused. Both the standard and the advanced models now show as having sequential gearboxes. Every time I had previously selected them during EA the standard model was listed with an H-pattern gearbox and the advanced with a sequential. I believe the weight, power, and torque figures for both models was always identical and continues to be so now.

So, what’s the deal? Is the current description text for the standard F-Trainer wrong? If it’s correct and both the standard and advanced models do indeed have sequential gearboxes, then what’s the difference between them? Is it just the tires? I tried searching within Reiza’s forums but I didn’t see anything related to this for post-release AMS 2.

I selected the Formula Trainers for the first time since full v1.0 release and came away confused. Both the standard and the advanced models now show as having sequential gearboxes. Every time I had previously selected them during EA the standard model was listed with an H-pattern gearbox and the advanced with a sequential.
I noticed that the Caterham Academy is listed as sequential. I could have sworn that it used to be H-Pattern?

Edit: I just saw a vid which states that the 2020 Academy has a 5 speed manual gearbox.
https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXCnPsrM5aQ

Last edited:
I'm 15 hours in and I just cant shake the feeling of the car rotating around its centre point and four wheel drifting through many corners.

The AMS1 Formula Vee vs AMS2 version, with or without fin confirms this for me.

Like you, once you get the feeling of center rotation instead of turn in bite (or understeer) it is hard to shake.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back